Download Business & Economics, Political Science ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Ann C. Logue.
Day Trading For Dummies®.
by Ann C. Logue
This plain-English guide shows you how day trading works, identifies its all-too-numerous pitfalls, and get you started with an action plan. From classic and renegade strategies to the nitty-gritty of daily trading practices, it gives you the knowledge and confidence you’ll need to keep a cool head, manage risk, and make decisions instantly as you buy and sell your positions. Learn how to:
- Set up your accounts and your office
- Connect with research and trading services
- Plan and research trades carefully and thoroughly
- Comply with regulations issues and tax requirements
- Leverage limited capital
- Cope with the stress quick-action trading
- Sell short to profit from price drops
- Evaluate your day-trading performance
- Use technical and fundamental analysis
- Find entry and exit points
- Use short-term trading to establish a long-term portfolio
You’ll also find Top-Ten Lists of good reasons to go into day trading, or run from it in terror, as well as lists of the most common (and expensive) mistakes day traders make. Read Day Trading For Dummies and get the tips, guidance, and solid foundation you need to succeed in this thrilling, lucrative and rewarding career.
TI-89 Graphing Calculator For Dummies
by C. C. Edwards
TI-89 For Dummies is the plain-English nuts-and-bolts guide that gets you up and running on all the things your TI-89 can do, quickly and easily. This hands-on reference guides you step by step through various tasks and even shows you how to add applications to your calculator. Soon you’ll have the tools you need to:
- Solve equations and systems of equations
- Factor polynomials
- Evaluate derivatives and integrals
- Graph functions, parametric equations, polar equations, and sequences
- Create Stat Plots and analyze statistical data
- Multiply matrices
- Solve differential equations and systems of differential equations
- Transfer files between two or more calculators
- Save calculator files on your computer
Packed with exciting and valuable applications that you can download from the Internet and install through your computer, as well as common errors and messages with explanations and solutions, TI-89 For Dummies is the one-stop reference for all your graphing calculator questions!
Calculus For Dummies
by Mark Ryan
Slay the calculus monster with this user-friendly guide
Calculus For Dummies, 2nd Edition makes calculus manageable—even if you’re one of the many students who sweat at the thought of it. By breaking down differentiation and integration into digestible concepts, this guide helps you build a stronger foundation with a solid understanding of the big ideas at work. This user-friendly math book leads you step-by-step through each concept, operation, and solution, explaining the “how” and “why” in plain English instead of math-speak. Through relevant instruction and practical examples, you’ll soon learn that real-life calculus isn’t nearly the monster it’s made out to be.
Calculus is a required course for many college majors, and for students without a strong math foundation, it can be a real barrier to graduation. Breaking that barrier down means recognizing calculus for what it is—simply a tool for studying the ways in which variables interact. It’s the logical extension of the algebra, geometry, and trigonometry you’ve already taken, and Calculus For Dummies, 2nd Edition proves that if you can master those classes, you can tackle calculus and win.
- Includes foundations in algebra, trigonometry, and pre-calculus concepts
- Explores sequences, series, and graphing common functions
- Instructs you how to approximate area with integration
- Features things to remember, things to forget, and things you can’t get away with
Stop fearing calculus, and learn to embrace the challenge. With this comprehensive study guide, you’ll gain the skills and confidence that make all the difference. Calculus For Dummies, 2nd Edition provides a roadmap for success, and the backup you need to get there.
TI-Nspire For Dummies
by Steve Ouellette
In plain English, you’ll learn everything from how to load the batteries and create a document to how to perform geometric calculations and construct statistical graphs. You’ll be able to:
- Set up your TI-Nspire, get familiar with the keypad, use the d, e, /, x, c, and b function keys, and configure system settings
- View graphical, algebraic, numeric, geometric, and written formats
- Grasp mathematical concepts more easily through multiple and linking representations
- Recognize how different concepts are linked by watching how a change in one representation appears in others
- Work with the calculator menu, tools, forms, and variables
- Create documents, add problems, configure page layout, and save your work for assignments or class notes
- Use the graphing functions in the analytic view and work with geometric objects in the plane geometry view
- Create and manage lists and spreadsheets and use this application with others for statistical calculations
- Install the corresponding software on your computer and connect the handheld device to your PC
Written by a math teacher, TI-Nspire For Dummies helps students and educators alike take full advantage of this outstanding tool for teaching and learning math.
Bond Investing For Dummies
by Russell Wild
This plain-English guide explains the pros and cons of investing in bonds, how they differ from stocks, and the best (and worst) ways to select and purchase bonds for your needs. You’ll get up to speed on all the different types of bonds and discover how to know when it’s time to sell and how to get the best prices when you do. Find out what you need to know about:
- Buying and selling bonds and bond funds
- Measuring bond risks and returns
- Taxes on bond interest and tax-free bonds
- Customizing and optimizing your bond portfolio
- Common bond-investing mistakes and how to avoid them
- “Risk-free” U.S. Treasury bonds
- Tax-free municipal bonds
- High yield corporate bonds
- The pros and cons agency bonds
- Convertible bonds, derivatives, and other exotic offerings
Packed with sound advice and dependable formulas for ensuring that your bond investments fulfill your retirement goals, Bond Investing For Dummies is the resource you need to put the gold in your golden years.
Stock Investing for Dummies
by Paul Mladjenovic
Calculus Essentials For Dummies.
by Mark Ryan
The Essentials For Dummies Series
Dummies is proud to present our new series, The Essentials For Dummies. Now students who are prepping for exams, preparing to study new material, or who just need a refresher can have a concise, easy-to-understand review guide that covers an entire course by concentrating solely on the most important concepts. From algebra and chemistry to grammar and Spanish, our expert authors focus on the skills students most need to succeed in a subject.
Excel Data Analysis For Dummies
by Stephen L. Nelson, E. C. Nelson
Excel Data Analysis For Dummies, 2nd Edition is the ultimate guide to getting the most out of your data. Veteran Dummies author Stephen L. Nelson guides you through the basic and not-so-basic features of Excel to help you discover the gems hidden in your rough data. From input, to analysis, to visualization, the book walks you through the steps that lead to superior data analysis.
Excel is the number-one spreadsheet application, with ever-expanding capabilities. If you’re only using it to balance the books, you’re missing out on a host of functions that can benefit your business or personal finances by uncovering trends and other important information hidden within the numbers. Excel Data Analysis For Dummies, 2nd Edition eliminates the need for advanced statistics or analysis courses by allowing you to harness the full power of Excel to do the heavy lifting for you. This 2nd Edition is fully updated to include information about Excel’s latest features, making it a your go-to Excel guide for data analysis. Topics include:
- Working with external databases
- PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Using Excel for statistical and financial functions
- Solver, Small Business Finance Manager, and more
The book also includes a guide to chart types and formatting, and advice on effective visual data presentation. You already have the data, so you might as well get something great out of it. Excel Data Analysis For Dummies, 2nd Edition is the key to discovering what your numbers are hiding.
Investment Banking For Dummies
by Matthew Krantz, Robert R. Johnson
One of the most lucrative fields in business, investment banking frequently perplexes even banking professionals working within its complex laws. Investment Banking For Dummies remedies common misconceptions with a straightforward assessment of banking fundamentals. Written by experts in stock market proceedings, this book runs parallel to an introductory course in investment banking. It clearly outlines strategies for risk management, key investment banking operations, the latest information on competition and government regulations, and relationships between leveraged buyout funds, hedge funds, and corporate and institutional clients. With this reference, you can ace investment banking courses and grasp the radical changes that have revamped the stock market since the financial crisis.
- Thoroughly addresses the dramatic financial changes that have occurred in recent years
- Outlines expectations to prepare you for the future
- Teaches the practical aspects of finance and investment banking, how to value a company, and how to construct a financial model
No serious business student or banking professional should be without the basic knowledge of issuing bonds, stocks, and other financial products outlined in this excellent resource.
Pregnancy For Dummies
by Joanne Stone, Keith Eddleman, Mary Duenwald
With robust sales and its own four-part cable TV series, Pregnancy For Dummies has been a perennial favorite, giving parents-to-be authoritative, friendly, up-to-date advice on every aspect of pregnancy and childbirth. This new edition offers all of the latest information expecting parents want to know, including expanded coverage on the health and well-being of both mother and child. It takes readers through the first, second, and third trimesters, providing new and updated coverage of prenatal genetic screening and diagnosis, amniocentesis, new high-tech ultrasounds, and the revised FDA/USDA food pyramid. It also discusses the recent celebrity trend of “on-demand” cesarean sections, multiple births, what to expect in labor and delivery, postpartum care, choosing bottle or breastfeeding, preparing a home (and siblings) for a new baby, caring for preemies, and the mother’s mental as well as physical health.
“A thorough, accurate, and highly informative guide.”
—Los Angeles Times