Download Foreign Language Study ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Daria Gabryanczyk.
Polish For Dummies
by Daria Gabryanczyk
Polish can be a difficult language to master. It is pronounced phonetically and has several unique characters in its alphabet, but with Polish For Dummies in hand, you’ll find yourself speaking like a local in no time. Packed with practical lessons, handy cultural facts, and essential references (including a Polish-English mini-dictionary and lists of common verbs), this guide is specially designed to get you speaking Polish with confidence. With advice on speaking Polish within the construction, teaching, and public sector industries, this book is a truly practical tool for anyone wanting to speak the language either professionally or socially.
- Includes sections dedicated to Polish in action, Polish on the go, and Polish in the workplace
- A companion audio CD contains Polish conversations spoken by native Polish speakers in a variety of everyday contexts, perfect for learning Polish on the go
- A Polish-English dictionary is included to provide quick access to the most common words
With easy-to-follow instruction and exercises that give you the language to communicate during day-to-day experiences, readers of Polish For Dummies will learn the words and verbal constructions they need to communicate with friends and colleagues at home, find directions on holiday, and more.
Note – CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of the e-book file, but are available for download after purchase.
Windows XP For Dummies
by Andy Rathbone
Author Andy Rathbone listened to what you wanted to know, and this edition is loaded with additional information about
- E-mail, faxing, and troubleshooting
- Maximizing security features
- Customizing and upgrading Windows XP
- Multimedia applications—CDs, digital music and photos, video, and more
- Answers to questions asked by thousands of Windows users
If you’re just getting started with Windows XP, you’ll find Windows XP For Dummies, 2nd Edition is a lot easier than trying to get the fourth-grader next door to explain it to you. (Andy Rathbone is a lot more patient.) There’s a whole section devoted to “Windows XP Stuff Everybody Thinks You Already Know,” so you can get the hang of the basics quickly and in the privacy of your own home. And if you’ve been around a couple of generations of Windows, you’ll be especially interested in how to squeeze maximum security from the beefed-up anti-spam and firewall features in Service Pack 2.
Windows XP For Dummies, 2nd Edition is sort of like a buffet—you can sample everything, or just stick with the stuff you know you like. You’ll find out how to
- Locate programs and files, organize your information, and fax, scan, or print documents
- Get online safely, send and receive e-mail, work with Internet Explorer’s security toolbar, and steer clear of pop-ups, viruses, and spam
- Make Windows XP work the way you want it to, share your computer while maintaining your privacy, set up a network, and perform routine maintenance
- Transfer and organize pictures from your digital camera, edit digital video, and create custom CDs of your favorite tunes
- Use Windows XP’s troubleshooting wizards and become your own computer doctor
With its task-oriented table of contents and tear-out cheat sheet, Windows XP For Dummies, 2nd Edition is easy to use. You can quickly find what you want to know, and you just may discover that this book is as important to your computer as the power cord.
Visio 2003 For Dummies
by Debbie Walkowski
Often, pictures do speak louder than words. Visio enables you to turn business and technical concepts into visual diagrams. Best of all, it doesn’t require you to possess any artistic talent! Visio 2003 For Dummies shows you how to
- Navigate the software and use the menus, toolbars, and task panes
- Create simple diagrams
- Use Visio drawings with other software programs
- Annotate your diagrams
- Post diagrams on the Web
If you need to explain business goals and procedures, software concepts, or database designs to others, Visio 2003 For Dummies can get you going with this great software package in no time. Soon you’ll be able to
- Choose the appropriate type of drawing for your purpose, work with stencils, and add shapes
- Pan and zoom to fine-tune your diagram
- Set up your printer with Visio 2003, add headers and footers, and print an entire drawing or only selected parts
- Explore open and closed or one- and two-dimensional shapes, and manipulate them to demonstrate what you want to show
- Add color and text to enhance your drawings
- Create custom shapes, develop and use templates, and even add layers to provide more detail
- Integrate Visio with Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook
- Produce reports using data stored in Visio, update them, make them available for others to review, and even track changes
Additional information and links to online Visio resources are available on the book’s companion Web site. Visio 2003 offers you an exciting new way to communicate business processes, information systems, database and software designs, or computer and telecommunications networks, and Visio 2003 For Dummies gives you the power to use this great tool quickly and easily.
iPod & iTunes For Dummies, Book + DVD Bundle
by Tony Bove
As Apple’s bestselling gadget, the iPod is much more than just a digital music player. It allows you to surf the web, rent movies or buy songs, send and receive e-mail, get directions, store photos, watch videos, keep a calendar, play games, and more. iTunes imports music, videos, and podcasts; creates playlists; burns CDs; syncs with iPod; plays music through your home stereo; and much more. Needless to say, a lot of exciting possibilities exist with iTunes and the iPod—and this book-and-DVD package helps you figure it all out!
As the newest edition of a perennial bestseller, this guide is written by a veteran For Dummies author who makes every topic easy to understand. The DVD features 90 minutes of step-by-step video instructions that show you how to set up your iPod, import music into iTunes, set up an account at the iTunes Store, create playlists, sync your iPod, and much more.
- Get more bang for your buck with this book-and-DVD package and get the most up to date information on iTunes and the iPod
- Features a 90-minute instructional DVD that walks you through the most important menus, screens, and tasks you’ll encounter when getting started with your iPod and iTunes
- Introduces the different iPod models and shows you how to shop at the iTunes store, add music tracks from a CD to your iTunes library, play content in iTunes, and set up playlists
- Explains how to share content from your iTunes library, manage photos and videos, synchronize devices with iTunes, update and troubleshoot, and more
Get in tune with all that iPod & iTunes has to offer with this book!