Free Download Reference ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Geraldine Woods.
Research Papers For Dummies
by Geraldine Woods
Take heart. A research paper may seem daunting, but it’s a far-from-impossible project to accomplish. Turning research into writing is actually quite easy, as long as you follow a few proven techniques. And that’s where Research Papers For Dummies steps in to help. In this easy-to-understand guide, you find out how to search for information using both traditional printed sources and the electronic treasure troves of the Internet. You also discover how to take all those bits of information, discarding the irrelevant ones, and put them into a form that illustrates your point with clarity and originality.
Here’s just a sampling of the topics you’ll find in Research Papers For Dummies:
- Types of research papers, from business reports to dissertations
- The basic ingredients of a paper: Introduction, body, conclusion, footnotes, and bibliography
- Note-taking methods while doing research
- Avoiding plagiarism and other research paper pitfalls
- Defining your thesis statement and choosing a structure for your paper
- Supporting your argument and drawing an insightful conclusion
- Revising and polishing your prose
- Top Ten lists on the best ways to begin your research online and in print
Research Papers For Dummies also includes an appendix that’s full of research paper ideas if you’re stuck.
If you’re tasked with writing a research paper, chances are you already have a lot of demands on your time. You don’t need another huge pile of papers to read. This book can actually save you time in the long run, because it gives you the easiest, fastest, and most successful methods for completing your paper.
Research Methods in Psychology For Dummies
by Martin Dempster, Donncha Hanna
Looking for an easily accessible overview of research methods in psychology? This is the book for you! Whether you need to get ahead in class, you’re pressed for time, or you just want a take on a topic that’s not covered in your textbook, Research Methods in Psychology For Dummies has you covered.
Written in plain English and packed with easy-to-follow instruction, this friendly guide takes the intimidation out of the subject and tackles the fundamentals of psychology research in a way that makes it approachable and comprehensible, no matter your background. Inside, you’ll find expert coverage of qualitative and quantitative research methods, including surveys, case studies, laboratory observations, tests and experiments—and much more.
- Serves as an excellent supplement to course textbooks
- Provides a clear introduction to the scientific method
- Presents the methodologies and techniques used in psychology research
- Written by the authors of Psychology Statistics For Dummies
If you’re a first or second year psychology student and want to supplement your doorstop-sized psychology textbook—and boost your chances of scoring higher at exam time—this hands-on guide breaks down the subject into easily digestible bits and propels you towards success.
Marketing Research Kit For Dummies
by Michael Hyman, Jeremy Sierra
Sure, access to data is faster and easier to obtain than ever before, but how do you cut through the clutter of information to find what’s most useful and organize it to suit your purposes? Marketing Research Kit For Dummies supplies a brimming box of tools that help you mine mountains of data, find the sources you need, and focus your marketing plan.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a small business owner, or a marketer in a large organization, this powerful resource and companion CD provide you with hands-on tools you need to identify, obtain, record, and analyze secondary, data-electronic and print-for developing or revising a marketing plan, launching a new product or service, or implementing long-term strategic planning. It also offers clear, in-depth instructions and customizable forms for conducting your own primary research.
- Includes complete instructions for writing a research plan, conducting depth interviews, and focus groups
- Fully explains the process of sampling, analyzing data, and reporting results
- Features tips on developing questionnaires for face-to-face, Internet, and postal surveys
- Helps you keep an eye on your competition and analyze their results
When money is tight and everything is on the line, you need to make sure you’ve done your homework. You need Marketing Research Kit For Dummies.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Building Research Tools with Google For Dummies
by Harold Davis
Building Research Tools With Google For Dummies can help you do just that. In plain English, it shows you easy ways to:
- Ask Google exactly what you want to know
- Determine whether what you need can actually be found through Google, and where to look if the answer is “no”
- Improve your research results
- Present your findings in a way that makes sense
- Write your own specialized search applications—if you want to
To get the most from Google, you need to understand Google. Building Research Tools With Google For Dummies explains how Google works and how you can build more effective queries (hint: it’s a lot more than just using the “Advanced Search” techniques!) It even shows you how to think like a researcher and how to package the results of your research so it means something to your audience. You’ll be able to:
- Understand Google research techniques and use the custom search-related syntax
- Recognize Google’s strengths—and limitations
- Target your search by using Google operators
- Use Google to research photos, or even an entire industry
- Improve the effectiveness of your results by understanding Google’s comparative methodology
- Build custom tools using WDSL and Web Services
You don’t have to become a programmer to use Google, but if you know a little about software development and want to explore new, more focused search techniques, Building Research Tools With Google For Dummies has a section just for you. It introduces you to the Google API, shows you how to download a developer key, and leads you through building a C# .Net Google application. On the companion Web site, you’ll find the source code and software discussed in the book as well as links to lots of other resources for researchers. Before you know it, you’ll be Googling your way to research success!
Study Skills For Dummies
by Doreen du Boulay
With Study Skills For Dummies, you’ll be given the know-how and confidence to achieve consistent results every time – and a lack of preparation will become a thing of the past.
Discover how to excel at:
- Note-taking, speed-reading and essay-writing
- Improving your memory, critical thinking and analysis
- Using the internet to supplement study
- Exam skills and developing the best learning strategy to fit your specific needs and abilities
Consumer Behavior For Dummies
by Laura Lake
- Understand how consumers make purchase decisions
- Develop more effective marketing campaigns
- Speak directly to your customers’ needs
- Gain customer loyalty in a competitive marketplace
Get into the minds of consumers and increase your revenue!
Want to better understand why consumers think and act the way they do? This practical guide gives you the tools to identify the influences that affect their purchasing behavior. It also shows you how to apply that knowledge as you develop a marketing strategy that speaks directly to their needs. You’ll see how to capture their attention, motivate them to purchase your products and services, earn their loyalty, and much more.
- Why do they buy? — understand the decision-making process consumers go through when considering a purchase
- Apply behavior to marketing — learn the 4Ps of marketing and how consumer behavior plays a role in each
- Gain a deeper understanding of the individual consumer — gauge a consumer’s motivation, emotions, perception, and attitude and use them to predict and change buying intentions
- Explore external influences on customers — from cultures to family life cycles to household structures and social groups, see how purchasing patterns are affected
- Craft your marketing strategy — use consumer knowledge to delve into market research, identify key segments, and launch into untapped markets
- Implement your plan — create powerful positioning strategies and reach customers where they’re at with a message that motivates them
Open the book and find:
- Actionable, real-world insight and advice
- Tips to help you lead consumers from attention to action
- Research techniques and marketing tips
- How self-concepts and lifestyle change consumer behavior
- Methods for cultivating repeat business and loyalty
- Ways to protect against consumer misbehavior
- Advice on encouraging new product adoption
- Ten ways to enhance customer satisfaction
Word 2007 For Dummies
by Dan Gookin
- Dan Gookin’s For Dummies guides to Word have consistently led the pack, selling more than 1.7 million copies in previous editions
- The author’s irreverent sense of humor and crystal-clear prose make getting up to speed on Word a snap
- Thoroughly updated to cover Word’s new interface, new file format options, and new collaboration and connectivity features
- An essential resource for everyone who wants to hit the ground running with Word 2007 and make the most of all the new features
PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
by Peter Weverka
PowerPoint dominates the presentation landscape. With the changes in PowerPoint 2010, including the availability of an online version, PowerPoint users need this comprehensive reference to make the most of the program.
PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies features in-depth coverage of the elements and the process involved in creating knockout presentations. Seven minibooks cover all the new 2010 features, providing a great education for beginners and showing PowerPoint veterans lots of new tricks.
- PowerPoint is the leading presentation software used in business and education; new features in PowerPoint 2010 include an online version and expanded audiovisual capabilities
- Seven self-contained minibooks cover getting started; building a presentation; tables, charts, and diagrams; graphics and shapes; adding audio, video, and animation; giving the presentation; and PowerPoint for power users
- Explains how to use the interface and tools and shows how to represent data visually for greater impact
- Provides important tips on adding the human element when making a presentation
- Gives advanced users advice on creating templates, collaboration, automation, and more
PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies gets novices up to speed and helps experienced users take their skills to the next level.
Fundamental Analysis For Dummies
by Matthew Krantz
How to determine the true strength and stability of any business
What’s the key to multibillionaire Warren Buffett’s five-decade run as the most successful investor in history? Fundamental analysis. Now, Fundamental Analysis For Dummies puts this tried and true method for gauging any company’s true underlying value into sensible and handy step-by-step instructions..
In this easy-to-understand, practical, and savvy guide you’ll discover why this powerful tool is particularly important to investors in times of economic downturn and how it helps you assess a business’s overall financial performance by using historical and present data to forecast its future monetary value. You’ll also learn how to use fundamental analysis to spot bargains in the market, minimize your risk, and improve your overall investment skills.
- Shows how to predict the future value of a business based on its current and historical financial data
- Helps you guage a company’s performance against its competitors
- Covers evaluation of internal management
- Reveals how to determine if in a company’s credit standing is any jeopardy
- Applies fundamental analysis to other investment vehicles, including currency, bonds, and commodities
- Matt Krantz is a writer and reporter for USA TODAY and USATODAY.COM where he covers investments and financial markets
Read Fundamental Analysis For Dummies and find the bargains that could make you the next Warren Buffett!
Office 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
by Peter Weverka
Microsoft Office, the world’s leading productivity suite, has been updated with new tools. Veteran Office users as well as newcomers will need the comprehensive information in this bestselling All-in-One guide.
With a self-contained minibook devoted to each Office application plus minibooks on how Office works together and how you can expand its usefulness, Office 2010 All-in-One For Dummies gets you up to speed and answers the questions you’ll have down the road.
- Microsoft Office is the office productivity suite used around the globe; nearly every business worker encounters it daily
- The 2010 revision will affect all applications in the suite
- Eight minibooks cover Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher, common Office tools, and ways to expand Office productivity
- Also covers the new online versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as changes to the interface and new tools and techniques
Office 2010 All-in-One For Dummies makes it easy to learn to use Office and gets you up and running on all the changes and enhancements in Office 2010.