Download Computers ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Robert Kao, Dante Sarigumba.
BlackBerry Pearl 3G For Dummies.
by Robert Kao, Dante Sarigumba
Forfeiting the usual technical jargon, veteran authors Robert Kao and Dante Sarigumba present you with a straightforward-but-fun guide to unlocking the potential of this powerful mobile device. Covering a wide range of pragmatic and how-to topics, this practical guide shows you how to get the most from the features and basic applications of the BlackBerry Pearl 3G. The author duo understands that you may not be all that familiar with this new device—but that you’re eager to get savvy—as they escort you through tips, tricks, and techniques for entering and maintaining your contacts, managing appointments and meetings, creating a to-do list, getting online, using e-mail, multitasking with the built-in phone, and more.
- Introduces the new and powerful mobile device: the BlackBerry Pearl 3G
- Walks you through the basics of the BlackBerry Pearl 3G in a fun and friendly way, foregoing the technical jargon
- Shows you how to create a to-do list, manage appointments, get online and surf the Web, manage e-mail, sync with your desktop, enter contacts, and more
- Helps you download useful apps from BlackBerry App World and take full advantage of the multimedia features
You’ll benefit from the pearls of wisdom that are shared throughout BlackBerry Pearl 3G For Dummies!
Business Writing For Dummies
by Natalie Canavor
How many pieces of paper land on your desk each day, or emails in your inbox? Your readers – the people you communicate with at work – are no different.
So how can you make your communication stand out from the pile and get the job done? Whether you’re crafting a short and sweet email or bidding for a crucial project, Business Writing For Dummies is the only guide you need. Inside you’ll find:
- The basic principles of how to write well
- How to avoid the common pitfalls that immediately turn a reader off
- Crucial tips for self-editing and revision techniques to heighten your impact
- Lots of practical advice and examples covering a range of different types of communication, including emails, letters, major business documents such as reports and proposals, promotional materials, web copy and blogs – even tweets
- The global touch – understand the key differences in written communication around the world, and how to tailor your writing for international audiences
Selling For Dummies
by Tom Hopkins, Ben Kench
Dating For Dummies
by Joy Browne
In this new edition, Dr. Joy offers updated guidance on how to find a date, covering “speed dating,” Internet dating services, and singles nights at grocery stores and other unexpected places. She delivers fresh pointers on a whole host of topics, including:
- Building your confidence and polishing your social self
- Determining if you’re really ready to date
- How to meet and approach Mr. or Ms. Intriguing
- Where to go, what to do, what to wear, and what to avoid on the first date
- Taboo subjects, such as your ex, sex, politics, and religion
- Cell phone and e-mail etiquette
- Moving from dating to a successful relationship and the four stages of attachment
- Breaking up (just in case Mr. or Ms. Right wasn’t) and avoiding pity parties and pitfalls
- The dos and don’ts of Internet dating
Dr. Joy Browne’s nationally syndicated daily radio show is the longest running program of its kind. Dr. Joy has won numerous awards for her work including the American Psychological Associations President’s Award and the Talkers Magazine award for Best Female Talk Show Host (two years in a row). She was #10 on the list of the 25 Greatest Radio Talk Show Hosts of All Time, and has been named one of the 100 Most Influential Talk Show Hosts nine times. Dr. Joy can frequently be seen on television as a guest on shows such as CBS’ The Early Show, Oprah Winfrey and Larry King Live. Dr. Joy has authored: It’s A Jungle Out There Jane, Dating for Dummies, The Nine Fantasies That Will Ruin Your Life, and Getting Unstuck.
Dating For Dummies, 2nd Edition includes advice for special dating situations such as long-distance relationships, office romances, single parents, senior citizens, and more. It gives you worksheets to help you objectively analyze your date expectations and evaluate a relationship. Packed with real-world wisdom, confidence boosters, and a dash of humor, this is the guide to help you get out of exile, get into dating, and perhaps even get into a meaningful relationship.
Customer Experience For Dummies
by Roy Barnes, Bob Kelleher
A positive customer experience is absolutely essential to keeping your business relevant. Today’s business owners need to know how to connect and engage with their customers through a variety of different channels, including online reviews and word of mouth. Customer Experience For Dummies helps you listen to your customers and offers friendly, practical, and easy-to-implement solutions for incorporating customer engagement into your business plans and keep the crowds singing your praises.
The book will show you simple and attainable ways to increase customer experience and generate sales growth, competitive advantage, and profitability. You’ll get the know-how to successfully optimize social media to create more loyal customers, provide feedback that keeps them coming back for more, become a trustworthy and transparent entity that receives positive reviews, and so much more.
- Gives you the tools you need to target customers more precisely
- Helps you implement new social and mobile strategies
- Shows you how to generate and maintain customer loyalty in order to achieve success through multiple channels
- Explains how a fully-engaged customer can help you outperform the competition
- Learn how to respond effectively to customer feedback
Your brand’s reputation and success is your lifeblood, and Customer Experience For Dummies shows you how to stay relevant, add value, and win and retain customers.
English Grammar For Dummies
by Lesley J. Ward, Geraldine Woods
Discover how to: avoid common grammatical errors; get to grips with apostrophes; structure sentences correctly; use verbs and find the right tense; and decide when to use slang or formal English.
Biochemistry For Dummies
by John T. Moore, Richard H. Langley
This friendly, unintimidating guide presents an overview of the material covered in a typical college-level biochemistry course and makes biochemistry basics easy to understand. It explains all the topics and practical applications in plain English. From cell ultrastructure and carbohydrates to amino acids, proteins, and supramolecular structure, you’ll identify biochemical structures and reactions, send your grades soaring, and start looking forward to your next class, instead of dreading it. Discover how to:
- Master biochemistry basics
- Work through biochemistry problems
- Prepare for standardized tests
- Grasp amino acid and protein structures
- Nail down enzyme terminology
- Get a grip on the Michaelis-Menton equation
- Load up on carbo knowledge
- Crack the nucleic acid code
- Learn to love lipids — but not too much
- Master the ABCs of vitamins
- Apply biochem in everyday life
- Explore a career in the field
From water chemistry to protein synthesis Biochemistry For Dummies gives you the vital information, clear explanations, and important insights you need to increase your understanding and improve your performance on any biochemistry test.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming Workbook For Dummies
by Romilla Ready, Kate Burton
This workbook is packed with hands-on exercises and practical techniques to help you make the most of NLP’s toolkit for new thinking and personal change. These can have an impact on many aspects of your life: from helping you change your negative beliefs, to building rapport and influencing others, to taking charge of the direction your life is taking. Take your understanding of NLP to the next level, and reap the benefits.
Neuro-linguistic Programming Workbook For Dummies includes:
Getting Your Mindset Right with NLP
Setting Sound Goals
Recognising Your Unconscious Values
Recognising How You Distort Thinking
Developing Personal Rapport
Managing Your Emotions and Experiences
Changing Habits and Modeling Success
Recognizing What Works
Adapting Language with Metamodeling and the Milton Model
English Grammar For Dummies
by Geraldine Woods
Why does grammar make everyone so nervous? Probably because English teachers, for decades – no, for centuries – have been making a big deal out of grammar in classrooms, diagramming sentences and drilling the parts of speech, clauses, and verbals into students until they beg for mercy. Happily, you don’t have to learn all those technical terms of English grammar – and you certainly don’t have to diagram sentences – in order to speak and write correct English.
So rest assured – English Grammar For Dummies will probably never make your English teacher’s top-ten list of must-read books, because you won’t have to diagram a single sentence. What you will discover are fun and easy strategies that can help you when you’re faced with such grammatical dilemmas as the choice between “I” and “me,” “had gone” and “went,” and “who” and “whom.” With English Grammar For Dummies, you won’t have to memorize a long list of meaningless rules (well, maybe a couple in the punctuation chapter!), because when you understand the reason for a particular word choice, you’ll pick the correct word automatically.
English Grammar For Dummies covers many other topics as well, such as the following:
- Verbs, adjectives, and adverbs – oh my!
- Preposition propositions and pronoun pronouncements
- Punctuation: The lowdown on periods, commas, colons, and all those other squiggly marks
- Possession: It’s nine-tenths of grammatical law
- Avoiding those double negative vibes
- How to spice up really boring sentences (like this one)
- Top Ten lists on improving your proofreading skills and ways to learn better grammar
Just think how improving your speaking and writing skills will help you in everyday situations, such as writing a paper for school, giving a presentation to your company’s big wigs, or communicating effectively with your family. You will not only gain the confidence in knowing you’re speaking or writing well, but you’ll also make a good impression on those around you!
Online Reputation Management For Dummies
by Lori Randall Stradtman
In today’s social world, managing your online reputation is more critical than ever, whether it’s your company brand or yourself as a brand, and one thing is certain: everyone needs a plan. This essential book shows you how to set up a system that works every day, helps forward your brand’s online goals, and is able to deal with negative chatter. Covering everyday listening and messaging as well as reputation management for special events or crises, this book walks you through step-by-step instructions and tips that will help you build and maintain a positive online presence.
- Shows you how to create a solid, productive online reputation management system
- Helps you achieve your brand’s goals and be ready to deal with negative chatter or crises
- Explains how to set up an online reputation management and response team
- Covers how to identify and incorporate both everyday and crisis SEO keywords
- Explores reputation creation through listening, messages, images, video, and other media
- Helps you handle crises with social media, bloggers, and other influencers, and respond immediately
Online Reputation Management For Dummies gives you the tools you need to maintain the online reputation you want.