Download Computers ebook, John Wiley & Sons, John Kaufeld.
AOL For Dummies
by John Kaufeld
- A traditional bestseller, AOL For Dummies is the only regularly updated reference book on the market for beginning AOL users
- Covers the essentials of signing up for AOL, getting around the AOL channels, using AOL’s e-mail and instant messaging, and exploring the Web browser
- Helps first-time users take advantage of AOL’s broadband content and the newest features of AOL 9.0 Optimized, such as improved safety features, e-mail systems, and on-demand programming
- Highlights the changes that users of previous versions will encounter with AOL 9.0
- Includes coverage of new high-speed services
iPad For Seniors For Dummies.
by Jesse Feiler
Why should the kids have all the fun? If you’re ready to catch up on the latest technology, getting an iPad is a great first step. They’re immensely popular tablets, and you’re about to discover why! Using a larger font for both the text and its full-color figures, iPad For Seniors For Dummies makes it faster and easier to keep connected in your golden years.
With this book to guide you, you’ll soon be using your iPad to instantly stay in touch with loved ones, share family photos, surf the web, keep up with social media, stay on schedule with your Calendar, keep electronic grocery lists handy, and so much more.
- Navigate the screen and the built-in apps
- Use email, messaging, and FaceTime to stay in touch with family and friends
- Capture your memories with the camera
- Read newspapers and books, watch TV and movies, and keep sharp with fun games
So, now it’s time to ‘wow’ your friends—and even your grandkids—by showing them you’re hip to the latest technology trends.
Online Dating For Dummies
by Judith Silverstein, Michael Lasky
From their own experiences, 20 million people can tell you otherwise. Online Dating For Dummies will get you off the fence and on the Internet dating path – with the skill of a seasoned pro. Like your best friend, this fun reference will give you the straight scoop on
- Gearing up with the right computer hardware
- Overcoming preconceived notions of who is online
- Talking the online lingo
- Enjoying conversation in chat rooms
- Considering date site options
- Establishing your screen identity
- Facing the consequences of not posting a photo
Internet dating is growing at double-digit rates every year, while other forms of finding a connection are flat or falling off. Internet dating, although far from perfect, is becoming the most effective and efficient method of getting introduced to a large number of available singles. Online Dating For Dummies shows you how to get your feet wet and how to dive in, making informed choices and exercising good judgment as you
- Sign up for a trial run on a dating site
- Try to describe yourself for your personal profile
- Initiate your first e-mail contact
- Make your first in-person meeting memorable
- Identify frauds and players
- Figure out what not to do if you really want to meet someone
Jumping into online dating with no preparation at all is possible – but not practical. If you follow the techniques in this friendly guide, your odds of meeting great potential matches will greatly improve, and you’ll have far more fun in the process.
Emotional Intelligence For Dummies
by Steven J. Stein
- Manage your emotions – identify your feelings, determine what beliefs cause negative emotions, and stop self-destructive behaviors
- Discover the power of empathy – read other people’s emotions through facial cues and body language and show them you understand their feelings
- Thrive at work – find a job that’s right for you, overcome hassles and fears, and develop your leadership skills
- Build and sustain meaningful relationships – discover how to take your partner’s emotional temperature and manage emotions to grow closer
- Raise an emotionally intelligent child – keep your cool with your child, coax shy children out of their shells, and get your child to be less aggressive and defiant
Crossword Puzzle Challenges For Dummies
by Patrick Berry
Open the book for a brand-new collection of brain-twisting puzzles
Looking for a crossword challenge? All you have to do is open the book, sharpen your pencil (or, hot shot, uncap your pen), and get ready to match wits with Patrick Berry, one of today’s top puzzle constructors. You get 70 all-new crosswords that are guaranteed to test your puzzle-solving skills – plus a special bonus section that shows you how to create (and sell) your own challenging crosswords.
The Dummies Way
* Explanations in plain English
* “Get in, get out” information
* Icons and other navigational aids
* Tear-out cheat sheet
* Top ten lists
* A dash of humor and fun
Discover how to:
* The secrets of crossword construction
* How to craft a memorable puzzle theme, from quotes to reversals and rebuses
* The tricks to designing and filling a grid
* An insider’s guide to writing great clues
* Ten top markets for crossword puzzles
ASVAB AFQT For Dummies
by Angie Papple Johnston, Rod Powers
Score higher on the ASVAB AFQT
Having a stable and well-paying career in the military can change your life for the better—and this book makes it easier than ever to pass the ASVAB AFQT so you can serve your country and set your future up for success.
Inside, you’ll find all the guidance and instruction you need to practice your way through the Math Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Word Knowledge, and Arithmetic Reasoning sections of the exam so nothing comes as a surprise on test day. Plus, you get a one-year subscription to the online companion, where you can take additional full-length practice tests and focus your study where you need it the most.
- Updated guidelines and tools to analyze test scores and understand how to master these critical sections of the exam
- Advice and tips for becoming more confident with vocabulary, word knowledge, and reading comprehension skills
- A review of math basics, including algebra and geometry instruction
- Four full-length practice exams with complete explanations and answers to track your progress
Your future in the military awaits! Get there faster and more confidently with ASVAB AFQT For Dummies!
Crossword Puzzles For Dummies
by Michelle Arnot
Spanish Word Games For Dummies
by Adam Cohen, Leslie Frates
Do you want to learn how to speak Spanish? One major aspect of learning a new language is learning the vocabulary, but for many people, this involves memorization, which can be a difficult task. Now, Spanish Word Games For Dummies offers you a fun and painless alternative: games and puzzles designed to help you practice and remember your Spanish vocabulary.
This fun, practical guide features more than 100 word games and puzzles, including crosswords, word searches, cryptograms, and more-that range in difficulty from easy to challenging. As you play, you’ll develop your Spanish vocabulary while you improve your language skills.
- Spanish Word Games For Dummies provides you with challenging puzzles to build your Spanish vocabulary and enhance your skill set
- Includes crosswords, word searches, cryptograms, and other word games
- Works as a supplement to Spanish language courses and programs
- It’s portable enough to easily take to classes or on the road
Whether you’re a proficient speaker looking to brush up on your vocabulary or a first-time Spanish speaker, this clever guide is the ideal way to have fun while you increase your skills!
The New York Times Crossword Puzzle Dictionary
by Tom Pulliam, Clare Grundman
by Michelle Arnot
• Insider secrets, techniques, and tips
• Obscure four-letter words for scoring big points
• Advanced strategies of competitive puzzlers
• Inside stories of eccentric players and all-time champions of the grids
• Trivia, lore, and the lingo of crosswording