Download Computers ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Michael Alexander.
Excel 2007 Dashboards and Reports For Dummies.
by Michael Alexander
This revolutionary guide shows you how to turn Excel into your own personal Business Intelligence tool. You’ll learn the fundamentals of using Excel 2007 to go beyond simple tables to creating dashboard-studded reports that wow management. Get ready to catch dashboard fever as you find out how to use basic analysis techniques, build advanced dashboard components, implement advanced reporting techniques, and import external date into your Excel reports. Discover how to:
- Unleash the power of Excel as a business intelligence tool
- Create dashboards that communicate and get noticed
- Think about your data in a new way
- Present data more effectively and increase the value of your reports
- Create dynamic labels that support visualization
- Represent time and seasonal trending
- Group and bucket data
- Display and measure values versus goals
- Implement macro-charged reporting
Using Excel 2007 as a BI tool is the most cost-efficient way for organizations of any size create powerful and insightful reports and distribute throughout the enterprise. And Excel 2007 Dashboards and Reports for Dummies is the fastest you for you to catch dashboard fever!
Nikon D3000 For Dummies
by Julie Adair King
The Nikon D3000 is Nikon’s new entry-level camera. With the D3000, you get all the features of Nikon’s older cameras along with an updated battery, larger monitor, and improved focus features. In addition, the D3000 also offers simpler menus to help first-time DSLR users.
Assuming no prior dSLR knowledge, veteran author Julie Adair King offers you a tour of the camera body, a hands-on how-to on all the features of the D3000, and a step-by-step walkthrough of how to get the photos you want.
- Explains shooting in auto mode, reviews the new video option, and covers working with file size and quality
- Walks you through shifting out of automatic mode and using the D3000’s lighting, exposure, focus, and color features
- Demonstrates getting photos from your camera to your PC, developing an effective file system, and sharing photos via print, online, or other ways
Packed with useful tips, this helpful guide encourages you to take control of your camera.
Canon EOS Rebel XS / 1000D For Dummies
by Julie Adair King
This book offers explanations of all the controls and menus, suggestions to make using lenses a breeze, and picture-taking advice to give you the confidence to start shooting fantastic photos. You’ll learn to manage aperture, shutter speed, and ISO, and work with the Auto Lighting Optimizer to enhance your creativity. You’ll also discover how to:
- Handle and manipulate lenses
- Get creative with exposure, lighting, and color balance
- Download, organize, print, and share your photos
- See how to use the Live View mode, adjust settings, and get great shots in automatic or manual mode
- Use Autofocus with Live View, set white balance, and choose a color space
- Work with Canon’s downloading tools, prepare images for print, and create Web-friendly files
- Get great photos in automatic modes
- Follow ten speedy editing tricks
- Avoid motion blur and noise
- Check focus by magnifying the view
- Capture action, scenic vistas, and close-ups
- Print from rhe ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser
You’ve invested in the Canon EOS Rebel XS, so it makes sense to learn the best techniques for using this camera. Canon EOS Rebel XS/1000D For Dummies gives you the knowledge to become a pro.
Mac OS X Leopard For Dummies
by Bob LeVitus
While the Mac has built its reputation in part on being user-friendly, OS X Leopard has lots of features that do lots of things—and that’s where Mac OS X Leopard For Dummies puts you a step ahead. If you’re meeting your first Mac, start at the beginning and you’ll feel like a pro in no time. If you’re familiar with earlier incarnations of OS X, you can jump right to the chapters on organizing your files and getting a sneak peek with Quick Look, backing up with the cool new Time Machine, using Spaces to manage Finder and application windows, and getting down with all the cool Mac multimedia features.
Mac OS X Leopard For Dummies shows you how to:
- Customize your Dock and desktop
- Search smarter with Spotlight
- Sync your contacts and calendars
- Watch movies, play music, and download digital photos or video
- Start video chats on the fly
- Surf the Web with Safari—safely
- Get organized with Spaces
- Run Microsoft Windows on an Intel-based Mac
- Protect your kids with Parental Controls
- Set up a network and share files
Written by Bob LeVitus, a.k.a. “Dr. Mac”, Mac OS X Leopard For Dummies is quite likely the fastest and easiest way to tame a Leopard!
Japanese For Dummies
by Eriko Sato
Japanese is the gateway to the rich culture of the exciting and complex island nation of Japan. Some people get intimidated by the prospect of speaking Japanese—worried that it’s just too complex and different—but these fears are unfounded. While you can devote a lifetime to the study of this or any language, picking up the basics of Japanese doesn’t require any more than an interest and a willingness to try something new.
Japanese For Dummies has everything you need to start speaking the language. Author and Professor of Japanese Eriko Sato introduces the essentials of grammar and pronunciation, giving you a working sense of the language, before showing you Japanese in action. You’ll also discover social customs, formalities, and manners, from how and when to bow to how to unwrap a present.
- Includes vocabulary summaries, a mini-dictionary, and an audio CD full of conversations and pronunciations
- Assumes no prior knowledge of Japanese on your part—providing the perfect guide for a quick-but-thorough, lighthearted-but-not-lightweight introduction to the language
- CD lets you hear Japanese as it’s really spoken and reinforces lessons from the book
Whether you simply want to introduce yourself to the Japanese language, say a few words to a neighbor or coworker, or you’re planning a major trip or study abroad in Japan, Japanese For Dummies will enable you to get the basics fast and work towards your own goal at your own pace.
CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of the e-book file, but are available for download after purchase.