Free Download Computers ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Derek Torres, Stuart Mudie, Julie Albaret.
BusinessObjects XI Release 2 For Dummies
by Derek Torres, Stuart Mudie, Julie Albaret
In no time, you’ll be finding your way around Universes to see how everything is shaping up, viewing and creating reports, building powerful queries on your organizations database, and measuring your company’s performance using BusinessObjects XI Release 2. This completely jargon-free handbook will put you in complete control of the ways and means of a truly exciting and powerful suite of business intelligence tools. Discover how to:
- Make business decisions with help from BusinessObjects
- Use BusinessObjects XI wizards
- Perform a server installation
- Create and define a Universe
- Set up desktop reporting
- Customize and use InfoView
- Measure performance with Dashboard and Analytics
- Take advantage of data marts and understand how they fit into your BusinessObjects system
Created by a team with more than 15 years combined experience working with BusinessObjects tools, BusinessObjects XI Release 2 For Dummies comes complete with several short lists of useful information, including tips on how to prepare for a successful BusinessObjects integration and helpful resources beyond the pages of this book. You’ll also find an overview of Crystal Reports, BusinessObjects’ companion reporting tool.
SAP NetWeaver For Dummies
by Dan Woods, Jeffrey Word
Starting to transform your business with SAP NetWeaver is that daunting. NetWeaver is both an application platform and an integration platform. It integrates your current IT systems to enable portals, collaboration, data management, and development environments. To grasp the complexities and possibilities of SAP ASAP, dig in with SAP NetWeaver For Dummies and explore:
- MySAP Business Suite
- SAP Enterprise Planning Resource (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Human Capital Management (HCM), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), and more
- Mobile Infrastructure that performs like a universal translator for mobile interfaces, including laptops, wireless phones, and PDAs
- Master Data Management, including using the content consolidation technique to “clean up” data, master data harmonization to distribute it, and central master data management to maintain a data repository
- Web Application Service and NetWeaver Developer Studio—tools that let you integrate and create your own customized applications
Written by Dan Woods, former CTO of The Street.com and CapitalThinking, and Jeffrey Word, the Director of Technology Strategy for SAP, this guide features real-life stories from businesses and examples of typical uses to help you cut through the complexities and get up and running. It includes a CD-ROM with:
- Detailed white papers and product overviews
- Stores from customers using SAP NetWeaver today
- Demos that show SAP NetWeaver in action
- A directory of resources for additional information
Like that interstate system, SAP NetWeaver doesn’t have to be integrated all at once. You choose the applications that have the most potential to benefit your company’s operations and bottom line. SAP NetWeaver For Dummies even gives you recommendations for rolling it out and suggests practical ways to get started and get quick returns on your SAP investment. Then you’re going full-speed ahead on the road to success!
Cracking Codes and Cryptograms For Dummies
by Denise Sutherland, Mark Koltko-Rivera
Did you love Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol? Are you fascinated by secret codes and deciphering lost history? Cracking Codes and Cryptograms For Dummies shows you how to think like a symbologist to uncover mysteries and history by solving cryptograms and cracking codes that relate to Freemasonry, the Knights Templar, the Illuminati, and other secret societies and conspiracy theories.
You’ll get easy-to-follow instructions for solving everything from the simplest puzzles to fiendishly difficult ciphers using secret codes and lost symbols.
- Over 350 handcrafted cryptograms and ciphers of varying types
- Tips and tricks for cracking even the toughest code
- Sutherland is a syndicated puzzle author; Koltko-Rivera is an expert on the major symbols and ceremonies of Freemasonry
With the helpful information in this friendly guide, you’ll be unveiling mysteries and shedding light on history in no time!
BUSINESS OBJECTS XI RELEASE 2 FOR DUMMIES
by Derek Torres, Stuart Mudie, Julie Albaret
Special Features: · HOT TOPIC: Hundreds of thousands of end users work with various Business Objects products every day, just as thousands of business intelligence software professionals and consultants install and maintain this software, write complex reports and queries, and otherwise assist their respective user constituencies· BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MARKET: Business Intelligence tools remain an attractive market for software vendors and are one of the top investment priorities for end-user organizations. With 2004 revenue of 925.6 million dollars, Business Objects looks set to drive towards the $1 billion mark in 2005, due largely to its acquisition of Crystal Decisions and the release of BusinessObjects XI· COMPLETE COVERAGE: BusinessObjects is actually a family of products rather than a single product. BusinessObjects XI R2 For Dummies covers all the individual applications giving the reader a context of exactly what tools do what functions and with what particular look and feel user interface style.· EXPERT AUTHORS: Both Derek Torres and Stuart Mudie have worked at the Paris headquarters of Business Objects where they produced documentation and training materials on the BusinessObjects software. Both authors communicate with their readers and promote their books through their own blogs. Derek promotes his books on his blogs at www.derektorres.net and on his Amazon Blog. Stuart Mudie promotes his books on www.blethers.com
About The Book: BusinessObjects XI Release 2 for Dummies is intended to serve as a companion piece to the software. It provides a brief overview of each application so that readers understand when or why they might need the application. The book provides hands-on explanations and exercises so that readers can quickly and easily learn what they want to know: learning how to learn the software in plain English.
Adobe AIR For Dummies
by Richard Wagner
AIR allows Web developers to create rich Internet applications using Web technologies. They run on desktops and across multiple operating systems, and they’re more than mere wimpy widgets. Adobe AIR For Dummies gives you the scoop on AIR, working with local file systems and databases, setting up security, and all the stuff you need to know to create cool AIR apps. You’ll learn to:
- Integrate AIR applications with Flash
- Use AIR to access services like eBay and AOL videos on the desktop
- Understand the AIR security model and how application sandboxes protect your code and data
- Create apps for network connectivity, monitor remote network services, and work with audio files
- Debug your apps with the AIR Debug Launcher, the alert command, or the AIR HTML Introspector
- Set the environment path in Vista, Windows XP, or Mac OS X
- Use HTML and CSS as building blocks and handle events in HTML DOM
- Add drag-and-drop capability in Flex, Flash, and HTML apps
If you’re excited about the possibilities of building applications that run on the desktop and interface with external Web apps, Adobe AIR For Dummies is just what you need to get started!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Harmonica For Dummies
by Winslow Yerxa
Everybody loves the sound of a harmonica, and the thought of learning to play one is even more appealing. The instrument’s portability, versatility, and affordability make it a great choice for those interested in learning how to produce the unmistakable, signature sound found in many styles of American music. With Harmonica For Dummies, you can learn to master the harmonica faster than you ever thought possible, even if you have little to no playing experience. This easy-to-use resource is filled with tips, tools, and instructions that will have you playing in no time.
In Harmonica For Dummies, you’ll find an accessible format designed to help you access new techniques, songs, and styles of playing. Accompanying digital content and interactive tools will help you learn the nuances of playing harmonica and give you the know-how to use this versatile instrument to its fullest potential.
- Provides you with a high-quality, comprehensive instructional manual
- Instructs you with detailed instructions and tips to help you learn to play quickly
- Written in a clear, easy-to-understand format complete with accompanying audio/video content
- Helps you improve your playing and embrace the many musical styles that have made the harmonica an iconic instrument
The harmonica is a very accessible instrument, but only those with the right instruction and direction will be able to experience the joy of using it for accompaniment and solos. Let Harmonica For Dummies guide you through the learning process and make you a harmonica expert in a flash!
Fiddle For Dummies
by Michael John Sanchez
Tackling a new instrument can be intimidating, but with this easy-to-use guide, you’ll have no trouble at all! From selecting, tuning, and caring for your fiddle to mastering various music styles, Fiddle For Dummies walks you step-by-step through everything you need to start playing the fiddle like a pro. You’ll discover how to hold a fiddle, master fundamental techniques, and take your skills to the next level. This title also features companion audio tracks and instructional video clips hosted online at Dummies.com to help further enhance your skills.
The fiddle is a popular instrument across many continents, and is a favorite for many because it is small and portable. Playing the fiddle can expose you to a range of musical styles from all over the world, such as Irish, Scottish, Celtic/Cape Breton, country, folk, bluegrass, and more. Plus, if you’re already a violin player, you’ll impress yourself and fellow musicians as you unlock your instrument to open up a whole new world of sounds.
- Learn fiddle techniques and fundamentals
- Select, tune, and care for your fiddle
- Join the folk instrument movement and master the fiddle
- Play fiddle music from all over the world
Whether you’re a complete beginner or a violin player looking to branch out and try something new, Fiddle For Dummies will have you fit as a fiddle in no time.
Crystal Reports 2008 For Dummies
by Allen G. Taylor
Crystal Reports 2008 For Dummies is a quick and easy guide to get you going with the latest version of this bestselling report-writing software. In fact, it’s so popular that previous editions have made it a bestseller too. Crystal Reports 2008 For Dummies gives you just what you should know to produce the reports you’ll need most often, including how to:
- Pull specific information from your database, sort and group it, and find the details you need
- Use dynamic or cascading prompts
- Troubleshoot and print reports and save time with templates
- View reports on your LAN
- Write formulas to retrieve specific information
- Create and update OLAP reports
- Format reports, control page breaks, and even add graphics or Flash files
- Enhance your reports with charts and maps
- Use Crystal Reports in the enterprise
There’s also a companion Web site with sample reports from the book and links to sites with more related information. With Crystal Reports 2008 For Dummies by your side, you’ll soon be able to create reports from simple to spectacular, whenever the need arises.
Calligraphy For Dummies
by Jim Bennett
Calligraphy For Dummies lets anyone discover the art and fun of lettering. With this hands-on guide, you’ll be able to develop your craft and test it out in no time. Starting with the italic alphabet, you’ll discover different types of strokes, how to angle your pen, and how to join letters. This easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide shows you:
- All the tools you need to practice the craft
- Where to get the proper ink and paper
- How to master several alphabets
- Different variations to change the look of letters
- How to mix and match your alphabets
- How to create a poster, sign, or certificate
- Ways to design and letter a quotation
- Common mistakes that can easily be avoided
Calligraphy For Dummies also provides tips on how to put your calligraphy skills to good use, with ideas for making money, adding flair to wedding invitations, and more! It also includes ten fun alphabets and practice pages to hone in on your talent, as well as examples of poorly formed letters to keep you on track. With a little practice, you’ll be creating stunning letters and experiencing the joys of writing calligraphy!
Hobby Farming For Dummies
by Theresa A. Husarik
You’ll get a real idea of what it really means to jump from your current lifestyle to a life farming in the countryside. You’ll get the information you need to decide if the farming lifestyle is right for you and your personality. You’ll learn everything you need to know about property and how to access a power supply. You’ll get practical advice on which animals would work best for your farm and you’ll learn how to acquire them and what you need to know about caring for them properly. You’ll get help with all of the major decisions like whether you’re better off with subsistence farming or a more ambitious project. Find out how to:
- Make from change to a farm lifestyle
- Get along with your neighbors
- Find and buy rural properties
- Select and maintain equipment
- Raise and care for animals
- Use and preserve food items
- Avoid common farming pitfalls
- Choose plans for your farm
Complete with lists of the ten unique opportunities for fun and the top ten misconceptions about farm living, Hobby Farming For Dummies will help you discover how you can live the simple life.