Free Download Computers ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Stef Maruch, Aahz Maruch.
Python For Dummies
by Stef Maruch, Aahz Maruch
Python For Dummies is the quick-and-easy guide to getting the most out of this robust program. This hands-on book will show you everything you need to know about building programs, debugging code, and simplifying development, as well as defining what actions it can perform. You’ll wrap yourself around all of its advanced features and become an expert Python user in no time. This guide gives you the tools you need to:
- Master basic elements and syntax
- Document, design, and debug programs
- Work with strings like a pro
- Direct a program with control structures
- Integrate integers, complex numbers, and modules
- Build lists, stacks, and queues
- Create an organized dictionary
- Handle functions, data, and namespace
- Construct applications with modules and packages
- Call, create, extend, and override classes
- Access the Internet to enhance your library
- Understand the new features of Python 2.5
Packed with critical idioms and great resources to maximize your productivity, Python For Dummies is the ultimate one-stop information guide. In a matter of minutes you’ll be familiar with Python’s building blocks, strings, dictionaries, and sets; and be on your way to writing the program that you’ve dreamed about!
Python for Data Science For Dummies
by John Paul Mueller, Luca Massaron
Unleash the power of Python for your data analysis projects with For Dummies!
Python is the preferred programming language for data scientists and combines the best features of Matlab, Mathematica, and R into libraries specific to data analysis and visualization. Python for Data Science For Dummies shows you how to take advantage of Python programming to acquire, organize, process, and analyze large amounts of information and use basic statistics concepts to identify trends and patterns. You’ll get familiar with the Python development environment, manipulate data, design compelling visualizations, and solve scientific computing challenges as you work your way through this user-friendly guide.
- Covers the fundamentals of Python data analysis programming and statistics to help you build a solid foundation in data science concepts like probability, random distributions, hypothesis testing, and regression models
- Explains objects, functions, modules, and libraries and their role in data analysis
- Walks you through some of the most widely-used libraries, including NumPy, SciPy, BeautifulSoup, Pandas, and MatPlobLib
Whether you’re new to data analysis or just new to Python, Python for Data Science For Dummies is your practical guide to getting a grip on data overload and doing interesting things with the oodles of information you uncover.
Beginning Programming with Python For Dummies
by John Paul Mueller
The easy way to learn programming fundamentals with Python
Python is a remarkably powerful and dynamic programming language that’s used in a wide variety of application domains. Some of its key distinguishing features include a very clear, readable syntax, strong introspection capabilities, intuitive object orientation, and natural expression of procedural code. Plus, Python features full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages, exception-based error handling, and modules easily written in C, C++, Java, R, or .NET languages, such as C#. In addition, Python supports a number of coding styles that include: functional, imperative, object-oriented, and procedural.
Due to its ease of use and flexibility, Python is constantly growing in popularity—and now you can wear your programming hat with pride and join the ranks of the pros with the help of this guide. Inside, expert author John Paul Mueller gives a complete step-by-step overview of all there is to know about Python. From performing common and advanced tasks, to collecting data, to interacting with package—this book covers it all!
- Use Python to create and run your first application
- Find out how to troubleshoot and fix errors
- Learn to work with Anaconda and use Magic Functions
- Benefit from completely updated and revised information since the last edition
If you’ve never used Python or are new to programming in general, Beginning Programming with Python For Dummies is a helpful resource that will set you up for success.
Python For Kids For Dummies
by Brendan Scott
Calling all wanna-be coders! Experts point to Python as one of the best languages to start with when you’re learning coding, and Python For Kids For Dummies makes it easier than ever. Packed with approachable, bite-sized projects that won’t make you lose your cool, this fun and friendly guide teaches the basics of coding with Python in a language you can understand. In no time, you’ll be installing Python tools, creating guessing games, building a geek speak translator, making a trivia game, constructing a Minecraft chat client, and so much more.
Whether you don’t have the opportunity to take coding classes at school or in camp—or just simply prefer to learn on your own—Python For Kids For Dummies makes getting acquainted with this popular coding language fast and easy. It walks you step-by-step through basic coding projects and provides lots of hands-on tasks that give you a sweet sense of accomplishment when you complete them. What’s not to love about that?
- Navigate the basics of coding with the Python language
- Create your own applications and games
- Find help from other Python users
- Expand your technology skills with Python
If you’re a pre-to-early-teen looking to add coding skills to your creativity toolbox, Python For Kids For Dummies is your sure-fire weapon for getting up and running with one of the hottest programming languages around.
Facebook Application Development For Dummies
by Jesse Stay
Want to build the next runaway Facebook app like Farmville or Mafia Wars? Interested in leveraging Facebook app development as part of a marketing strategy? Whether you want to build your own Facebook app from scratch, extend an existing Facebook app, or create a game, this book gets you up and running in no time. Master the Facebook toolkit, get acquainted with the Facebook Markup and Query languages, navigate the Facebook API—even learn how to make money with your new app!
- Shows you how to build the next great Facebook application with just basic HTML and scripting skills
- Delves into what makes a good app and what makes a lucrative app
- Explores how to create Facebook apps for marketing and viral reach, creating apps that can make money, and Facebook game development
- Reviews the Facebook toolkit and gets you started with the My First Facebook application
- Covers Facebook Markup and Query languages, navigating the Facebook API, and how to create a compelling interface
Create the next killer Facebook app with this approachable, fun guide!
Predictive Analytics For Dummies
by Dr. Anasse Bari, Dr. Mohamed Chaouchi, Dr. Tommy Jung
Combine business sense, statistics, and computers in a new and intuitive way, thanks to Big Data
Predictive analytics is a branch of data mining that helps predict probabilities and trends. Predictive Analytics For Dummies explores the power of predictive analytics and how you can use it to make valuable predictions for your business, or in fields such as advertising, fraud detection, politics, and others. This practical book does not bog you down with loads of mathematical or scientific theory, but instead helps you quickly see how to use the right algorithms and tools to collect and analyze data and apply it to make predictions.
Topics include using structured and unstructured data, building models, creating a predictive analysis roadmap, setting realistic goals, budgeting, and much more.
- Shows readers how to use Big Data and data mining to discover patterns and make predictions for tech-savvy businesses
- Helps readers see how to shepherd predictive analytics projects through their companies
- Explains just enough of the science and math, but also focuses on practical issues such as protecting project budgets, making good presentations, and more
- Covers nuts-and-bolts topics including predictive analytics basics, using structured and unstructured data, data mining, and algorithms and techniques for analyzing data
- Also covers clustering, association, and statistical models; creating a predictive analytics roadmap; and applying predictions to the web, marketing, finance, health care, and elsewhere
Propose, produce, and protect predictive analytics projects through your company with Predictive Analytics For Dummies.
Python All-in-One For Dummies
by John Shovic, Alan Simpson
Your one-stop resource on all things Python
Thanks to its flexibility, Python has grown to become one of the most popular programming languages in the world. Developers use Python in app development, web development, data science, machine learning, and even in coding education classes.
There’s almost no type of project that Python can’t make better. From creating apps to building complex websites to sorting big data, Python provides a way to get the work done. Python All-in-One For Dummiesoffers a starting point for those new to coding by explaining the basics of Python and demonstrating how it’s used in a variety of applications.
- Covers the basics of the language
- Explains its syntax through application in high-profile industries
- Shows how Python can be applied to projects in enterprise
- Delves into major undertakings including artificial intelligence, physical computing, machine learning, robotics and data analysis
This book is perfect for anyone new to coding as well as experienced coders interested in adding Python to their toolbox.
Python® Programming for Dummies®
by John Mueller, Luca Massaron
Functional Programming For Dummies
by John Paul Mueller
Your guide to the functional programming paradigm
Functional programming mainly sees use in math computations, including those used in Artificial Intelligence and gaming. This programming paradigm makes algorithms used for math calculations easier to understand and provides a concise method of coding algorithms by people who aren’t developers. Current books on the market have a significant learning curve because they’re written for developers, by developers—until now.
Functional Programming for Dummiesexplores the differences between the pure (as represented by the Haskell language) and impure (as represented by the Python language) approaches to functional programming for readers just like you. The pure approach is best suited to researchers who have no desire to create production code but do need to test algorithms fully and demonstrate their usefulness to peers. The impure approach is best suited to production environments because it’s possible to mix coding paradigms in a single application to produce a result more quickly. Functional Programming For Dummies uses this two-pronged approach to give you an all-in-one approach to a coding methodology that can otherwise be hard to grasp.
- Learn pure and impure when it comes to coding
- Dive into the processes that most functional programmers use to derive, analyze and prove the worth of algorithms
- Benefit from examples that are provided in both Python and Haskell
- Glean the expertise of an expert author who has written some of the market-leading programming books to date
If you’re ready to massage data to understand how things work in new ways, you’ve come to the right place!
Freshwater Aquariums For Dummies
by Maddy Hargrove, Mic Hargrove
Design a dazzling underwater environment with this bestselling guide!
Setting up your first freshwater aquarium can be a daunting task. This friendly guide answers all your questions, from setting up your tank and selecting fish to the water, chemicals, plants, and much more. There’s also expanded guidance on combining different species of fish, maintaining a tank, cleaning gravel, and dealing with common problems such as algae.
Discover how to
* Choose the right aquarium
* Select the best fish
* Get good deals on equipment
* Maintain a clean, healthy environment
* Handle tank pitfalls
* Breed your fish