Download Law ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Michael Arnheim.
U.S. Constitution For Dummies
by Michael Arnheim
Want to make sense of the U.S. Constitution? This plain-English guide walks you through this revered document, explaining how the articles and amendments came to be and how they have guided legislators, judges, and presidents and sparked ongoing debates. You’ll understand all the big issues — from separation of church and state to impeachment to civil rights — that continue to affect Americans’ daily lives.
- Get started with Constitution basics — explore the main concepts and their origins, the different approaches to interpretation, and how the document has changed over the past 200+ years
Know who has the power — see how the public, the President, Congress, and the Supreme Court share in the ruling of America
Balance the branches of government — discover what it means to be Commander in Chief, the functions of the House and Senate, and how Supreme Court justices are appointed
Break down the Bill of Rights — from freedom of religion to the prohibition of “cruel and unusual punishments,” understand what the first ten amendments mean
Make sense of the modifications — see how amendments have reformed presidential elections, abolished slavery, given voting rights to women, and more
Open the book and find:
- The text of the Constitution and its ammendments
Discussion of controversial issues including the death penalty, abortion, and gay marriage
Why the word “democracy” doesn’t appear in the Constitution
What the Electoral College is and how it elects a President
Details on recent Supreme Court decisions
The Founding Fathers’ intentions for balancing power in Washington
U.S. Constitution For Dummies
by Michael Arnheim
Your complete guide to understanding the U.S. Constitution.
Want to make sense of the U.S. Constitution? This new edition walks you through this revered document, explaining how the articles and amendments came to be and how they have guided legislators, judges, and presidents—and sparked ongoing debates along the way. You’ll get the lowdown on all the big issues—from separation of church and state to impeachment to civil rights—that continue to affect Americans’ daily lives. Plus, you’ll find out about U.S. Constitution concepts and their origins, the different approaches to interpretation, and how the document has changed over the past 200+ years.
Inside, you’ll find fresh examples of Supreme Court Rulings such as same sex marriage and Healthcare Acts such as Obamacare. Explore hot topics like what it takes to be elected Commander in Chief, the functions of the House and Senate, how Supreme Court justices are appointed, and so much more.
- Trace the evolution of the Constitution
- Recognize the power of the U.S. Supreme Court
- Get details on recent Supreme Court decisions
- Find new examples of the Bill of Rights
Constitutional issues are dominating the news—and now you can join the discussion with the help of U.S. Constitution For Dummies.
Constitutional Law For Dummies
by Smith, Patricia Fusco
Are you a student looking for trusted, plain-English guidance on the ins and outs of Constitutional law? Look no further!
Constitutional Law For Dummies provides a detailed study guide tracking to this commonly required law course. It breaks down complicated material and gives you a through outline of the parameters and applications of the U.S. Constitution in modern, easy-to-understand language.
- Critical information on the Constitution’s foundations, powers, and limitations
- A modern analysis of the Constitution’s amendments
- Detailed information on the Supreme Court and federalism
Explaining outdated governmental jargon in current, up-to-date terms, Constitutional Law For Dummies is just what you need for quick learning and complete understanding. Students studying government will also find this to be a useful supplement to a variety of courses.
American Politics For Dummies – UK
by Matthew Alan Hill
American Politics For Dummies is an engaging and accessible guide to the inner workings of the U.S. government, cutting through the political jargon, to give you the facts. The book begins with the basics, including government structure and processes, and later covers current events that make the news.
The world of American politics can be bewildering to anyone not born and bred in the U.S.A. This plain-English guide is perfect whether you are a student or simply fascinated by the world’s most powerful democracy. From the electoral process to ‘special relationships’, you discover all you need to know with American Politics For Dummies.
• The birth of America – find out about the emergence of the US,from the ideas upon which America was founded to the creation
of the US Constitution
• Go government – understand the powers of the President, how Congress operates, the function of the Supreme Court and how
US laws are created and passed
• Party on – discover the ins and outs of elections and political parties, from the electoral process and the two-party system to the voting behaviour amongst Americans
• One nation, many identities – get to understand the workings of a truly multicultural society
• All the world’s a stage – grasp the grand strategy of the US to understand why the nation acts as it does in international politics
2014 kicks off the latest round of U.S. Congressional election and marks the beginning the 2016 Presidential election cycle. There will be headlines, there will be debate and there will be news. If you’re looking to keep up and understand it all, American Politics For Dummies is a great place to start.
British Politics For Dummies
by Julian Knight, Michael Pattison
So, you want to be knowledgeable about British politics but don’t know where to start? You’ve come to the right place! British Politics For Dummies is your essential guide to understanding even the trickiest questions surrounding politics in the UK. In no time, you’ll have the confidence to discuss the ins and outs of past and present elections, political leaders, parties and ideologies.
Packed with understandable information on the origins, history and structure of the UK parliamentary system, British Politics For Dummies offers a fascinating glimpse into the rollercoaster world of politics. Explaining everything from key political ideologies and the spread of democracy to the current election process and the differences between political parties, this hands-on, friendly guide is an ideal companion to British politics and elections.
- Includes expanded coverage of coalition governments, devolution and independence efforts
- Provides updated information on UKIP and Britain’s place in Europe
- Serves as a helpful guide to elections and British political parties—electoral systems, voting behaviour and trends and the role of pressure groups and the media
- Offers a fascinating examination of British politics on the world stage
Whether you want to get to grips with British politics and government or build your knowledge beyond the basics, this updated edition of British Politics For Dummies is the place to start.
Philosophy For Dummies
by Martin Cohen
Supreme Court For Dummies
by Lisa Paddock
Get involved and track a case through the system
This fun and easy guide demystifies the federal court system by describing what kinds of cases the justices hear, outlining how cases reach the Supreme Court, clarifying legal terms, and explaining how the Court arrives at its decisions. You’ll discover how to get inside the Court yourself and investigate both the key issues and the players involved.
The Dummies Way
* Explanations in plain English
* “Get in, get out” information
* Icons and other navigational aids
* Tear-out cheat sheet
* Top ten lists
* A dash of humor and fun
Managing Your Money All-In-One For Dummies
by Consumer Dummies
This easy-to-understand guide shows you how to assess your financial situation, calculate debt, prepare a budget, trim spending, boost your income, and improve your credit score. You’ll find ways to run a money-smart household, reduce waste, and cut medical and transportation expenses as you tackle your debt head-on and develop good saving habits. You’ll even get help choosing the right mortgage and avoiding foreclosure, saving for college or retirement, and determining your home-, car-, and life insurance needs. Discover how to:
- Take charge of your finances
- Manage home and personal finances
- Lower your taxes and avoid tax audits
- Plan a budget and scale back on expenses
- Deal with debt and negotiate with creditors
- Save and invest safely for college or retirement
- Protect your money and assets from fraud and identity theft
- Ensure a comfortable retirement
- Plan your estate and safeguard a will or trust
Managing Your Money All-in-One For Dummies brings you seven great books for the price of one. Can you think of a better way to start managing your money wisely?
GED Test For Dummies.
by Murray Shukyn, Dale E. Shuttleworth, Achim K. Krull
If you’re preparing for this all-important exam, GED Test For Dummies with Online Practice gets you up and running on everything you can expect on test day, from overviews of the test sections to invaluable reviews and test-taking strategies for all the subjects covered—and everything in between.
In the book, you’ll find hands-on, digestible information for navigating your way through the Language Arts/Reading and Writing Tests, Social Studies Test, Mathematics Test, and Science Test. Whether you’re looking to perfect your grammar and punctuation skills, get familiar with the types of fiction and nonfiction passages you’ll encounter, take the fear out of math and science, put the social in your studies, or answer multiple-choice questions with confidence, this unintimidating guide makes it easy to score higher and pass this vital exam.
The accompanying online experience helps you further your skills by providing practice questions with answers and full explanations
- This new edition has been fully updated to reflect the latest version of the GED
- Includes 2 full-length practice tests with detailed answer explanations and walkthroughs.
- Offers clear overviews of all the topics covered on the GED
- Includes special considerations if English is your second language
It’s all at your fingertips! Prepare for the test, improve your chances of success, and increase your earning power and job prospects with the help of GED Test For Dummies with Online Practice
AP U.S. History For Dummies
by Greg Velm
You’ll find out how to put together a game plan, develop a study strategy, decode the Political – Economic – Social (PES) answer secret, and understand exactly what’s going to be on the stress. This easy-to-understand guide reviews all periods of U.S. history, from the country’s earliest inhabitants to the present day. Ease your mind on stress day and feel completely prepared by completing the two practice exams with answers and explanations. Find out how to:
- Prepare a study plan for the time leading up to the exam
- Decode your score and learn how to get the best score
- Put your knowledge to work
- Approach the different types of questions: multiple choice, document-based, and essay questions
- Navigate all exam topics, from the Native Americans to the present day
- Analyze and connect political, economic, and social themes
- Recognize trick words
Complete with lists of ten monster event topics AP wants you to know, ten unstoppable cultural trends, and ten key court decisions, AP U.S. History For Dummies will help you ace this test!