Free Download Family & Relationships, Health & Fitness ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Arthur Lavin, MD, Susan Glaser, MA.
Baby and Toddler Sleep Solutions For Dummies®
by Arthur Lavin, MD, Susan Glaser, MA
Find your way to your family’s best sleep solutions!
Do you wonder whether you’ll ever sleep through the night again? Relax! This reassuring guide provides the essential information you need to help your kids to go to sleep — and stay asleep — all night long, whatever their age or stage of development. So cheer up — a good night’s sleep is just pages away!
* Foster healthy sleep patterns for life
Tailor your approach to your child’s personality
Establish bedtime rules in a nurturing way
Handle snoring, night terrors, bedwetting, and other distressing issues
Baby Signing For Dummies
by Jennifer Watson
Baby Signing For Dummies gives you the skills to connect in a meaningful way with your hearing baby or toddler. Packed with more than 150 illustrated signs, this friendly, easy-to-follow guide shows you how to use simple hand gestures and baby-specific signing techniques to start interacting with your baby. Every sign is accompanied by step-by-step directions and an illustration—from meeting and greeting, people, and mealtime signs to clothes, animals, outdoor signs, and, of course, bath time and bedtime. You’ll discover how to:
- Introduce signs to your baby
- Incorporate signing into daily life
- Make everyday events easier with signs
- Overcome stumbling blocks
- Decrease fussing and crying through signing
- Help your baby sign combinations of words
- Keep your baby safe with signing
- Get the whole family involved
- Find outside help (Web sites, videos, and signing schools and courses)
Complete with illustrations of the entire ASL alphabet, signing dos and don’ts, and ten songs to sign along with, Baby Signing For Dummies is the key to enhancing communication with your child and increasing his/her intelligence in a simple, fun, and rewarding way!
Your Baby’s First Year For Dummies
by James Gaylord, Michelle Hagen
Each year, more than 4 million babies are born in the United States-and the first year of a baby’s life is a joyous, challenging, and sometimes overwhelming time. Your Baby’s First Year For Dummies serves as a complete guide for baby’s first twelve months-from what to do when arriving home from the hospital to handling feeding, bathing, and sleeping routines to providing the right stimuli for optimal progress. Packed with tips on every aspect of baby’s physical, emotional, and social development, this friendly guide gives parents advice on such important topics as breastfeeding vs. bottle-feeding, teething, baby toy safety, food preparation, food allergies, traveling, and much more.
Baby Massage For Dummies
by Joanne Bagshaw, Ilene Fox
Soothe your baby and promote well-being the all-natural way
Curious about baby massage? Featuring illustrations and step-by-step instructions, this friendly guide makes it easy to use techniques that can reduce your baby’s stress; ease the discomfort of colic, constipation, and teething; and create a strong attachment between the two of you. You’ll also find suggestions for making massage part of your everyday routine.
Discover how to:
* Ease common ailments
* Enhance your bond with your baby
* Stimulate growth and development
* Comfort a fussy baby
* Massage babies with special needs
Baby and Toddler Meals For Dummies
by Dawn Simmons, Curt Simmons, Sallie Warren
Understand your child’s nutritional needs and prepare fast, tasty meals
Babies and toddlers need good nutrition to grow and thrive, and this essential, timesaving guide makes it easy to feed your child right. It explains exactly what foods you should introduce at what ages — and shows you how to prepare fresh, home-cooked baby and toddler meals that beat anything you can get from a jar or box.
Discover how to
* Save money and expand your baby-food budget
* Dish up healthy, well-balanced meals
* Introduce new foods at the right time
* Serve foods with high kid-appeal
* Have fun cooking with your child
Dad’s Guide to Baby’s First Year For Dummies
by Sharon Perkins, Stefan Korn, Scott Lancaster, Eric Mooij
Your new baby is nothing short of a miracle—and it’s no wonder you want to keep your bundle of joy safe and sound through every stage of their first year. Dad’s Guide to Baby’s First Year For Dummies takes the guesswork out of being your baby’s primary caregiver, giving you sound instruction and helpful advice on looking after your baby, the essential gear you’ll need to baby-proof your home, practical solutions to common parenting challenges, and so much more.
Whether it’s due to a fledgling economy or a simple sign of modern times, more and more men are staying at home with the kids while their breadwinning wives or partners deal with rush hour traffic. Whatever the reason you’ve decided to take on the role of Mr. Mom, Dad’s Guide to Baby’s First Year For Dummies offers all the friendly guidance and trusted tips you need to be a fantastic full-time parent.
- Look after your baby and teach children great skills
- Help your partner through pregnancy, birth, and beyond
- Follow the habits of highly successful dads
- Be a hands-on, stay-at-home dad
If you’re a proud papa-to-be, Dad’s Guide to Baby’s First Year For Dummies ensures all your bases are covered, so you can spend less time fretting about fatherhood and more time cherishing your wee one.
Baby and Toddler Meals For Dummies, Mini Edition
by Dawn Simmons, Curt Simmons
Babies and toddlers need good nutrition to grow and thrive, and this handy, timesaving guide makes it easy to feed your child right. It explains what foods you should introduce and shows you how to prepare fresh, home-cooked baby and toddler meals that beat anything you can get from a jar.
Open the book and find:
Over two dozen recipes — from breakfast to dinner
What eating habits to expect from your child, at every stage
How to dish up healthy, well-balanced meals
The best foods with high kid-appeal
Hobby Farming For Dummies
by Theresa A. Husarik
You’ll get a real idea of what it really means to jump from your current lifestyle to a life farming in the countryside. You’ll get the information you need to decide if the farming lifestyle is right for you and your personality. You’ll learn everything you need to know about property and how to access a power supply. You’ll get practical advice on which animals would work best for your farm and you’ll learn how to acquire them and what you need to know about caring for them properly. You’ll get help with all of the major decisions like whether you’re better off with subsistence farming or a more ambitious project. Find out how to:
- Make from change to a farm lifestyle
- Get along with your neighbors
- Find and buy rural properties
- Select and maintain equipment
- Raise and care for animals
- Use and preserve food items
- Avoid common farming pitfalls
- Choose plans for your farm
Complete with lists of the ten unique opportunities for fun and the top ten misconceptions about farm living, Hobby Farming For Dummies will help you discover how you can live the simple life.
Parenting For Dummies
by Helen Brown
Covering information for newborns to pre-teens, Parenting For Dummies gives you the essentials of parenting basics. From dealing with a crying baby and potty training, to building self-esteem and dealing with sibling rivalry, it offers a gold mine of up-to-date advice.
Pregnancy For Dummies
by Jane Palmer, Joanne Stone, Keith Eddleman, Mary Duenwald
This updated and expanded third edition of Pregnancy ForDummies offers mothers-to-be practical advice and expert guidance on every stage of their pregnancy — and beyond!
Understand what’s happening with your baby and your body, and be guided through what to expect from labour, birth and becoming a new parent.
- Follow your baby’s development — understand the changes you and your baby go through during all three trimesters
- Research your birth options — make informed choices that best suit your needs
- Care for your baby before birth — eat well and keep active during pregnancy
- Prepare for the birth of your baby — know what happens before, during and after labour
- Look after your newborn — find advice on breastfeeding and bringing your baby home
- Keep up with current issues —identify issues facing mothers today, such as returning to work or having children later in life
- Get expert advice on special situations — meet the challenges of multiple births, problems during pregnancy or miscarriage
Open the book and find:
- Ways to increase your chances of getting pregnant
- Clear illustrations of how the body changes during pregnancy
- Advice for managing pre-existing conditions during pregnancy
- Discussion about complementary and alternative therapies
- Simple explanations of your birth options
- Information about parental leave entitlements
- Websites to access further support