Download Science ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Steven Holzner.
Physics For Dummies
by Steven Holzner
Thanks to this book, you don’t have to be Einstein to understand physics. As you read about Newton’s Laws, Kepler’s Laws, Hooke’s Law, Ohm’s Law, and others, you’ll appreciate the For Dummies law: The easier we make it, the faster people understand it and the more they enjoy it! Whether you’re taking a class, helping kids with homework, or trying to find out how the world works, this book helps you understand basic physics. It covers:
- Measurements, units, and significant figures
- Forces such as displacement, speed, and acceleration
- Vectors and physics notation
- Motion, energy, and waves (sound, light, wave-particle)
- Solids, liquids, and gases
- Atomic and nuclear structures
Steven Holzner, Ph.D. earned his B.S. at MIT and his Ph.D. at Cornell, where he taught Physics 101 and 102 for over 10 years. He livens things up with cool physics facts, real-world examples, and simple experiments that will heighten your enthusiasm for physics and science. The book ends with some out-of-this world physics that will set your mind in motion:
- The possibility of wormholes in space
- The Big Bang
- How the gravitational pull of black holes is too strong for even light to escape
May the Force be with you!
Physics I For Dummies
by Steven Holzner
The fun and easy way to get up to speed on the basic concepts of physics
For high school and undergraduate students alike, physics classes are recommended or required courses for a wide variety of majors, and continue to be a challenging and often confusing course.
Physics I For Dummies tracks specifically to an introductory course and, keeping with the traditionally easy-to-follow Dummies style, teaches you the basic principles and formulas in a clear and concise manner, proving that you don’t have to be Einstein to understand physics!
- Explains the basic principles in a simple, clear, and entertaining fashion
- New edition includes updated examples and explanations, as well as the newest discoveries in the field
- Contains the newest teaching techniques
If just thinking about the laws of physics makes your head spin, this hands-on, friendly guide gets you out of the black hole and sheds light on this often-intimidating subject.
Physics Essentials For Dummies
by Steven Holzner
Physics Essentials For Dummies (9781119590286) was previously published as Physics Essentials For Dummies(9780470618417). While this version features a new Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the prior release and should not be considered a new or updated product.
For students who just need to know the vital concepts of physics, whether as a refresher, for exam prep, or as a reference, Physics Essentials For Dummies is a must-have guide. Free of ramp-up and ancillary material, Physics Essentials For Dummies contains content focused on key topics only. It provides discrete explanations of critical concepts taught in an introductory physics course, from force and motion to momentum and kinetics. This guide is also a perfect reference for parents who need to review critical physics concepts as they help high school students with homework assignments, as well as for adult learners headed back to the classroom who just need a refresher of the core concepts.
The Essentials For DummiesSeries
Dummies is proud to present our new series, The Essentials For Dummies. Now students who are prepping for exams, preparing to study new material, or who just need a refresher can have a concise, easy-to-understand review guide that covers an entire course by concentrating solely on the most important concepts. From algebra and chemistry to grammar and Spanish, our expert authors focus on the skills students most need to succeed in a subject.
Web Design For Dummies®
by Lisa Lopuck
Web design requires many programs to make a Website attractive and fun, including:
- Using Web editors like Dreamweaver
- Image editing tools like Photoshop elements
- Drawing utensils like Illustrator
- Background markup and scripting languages like HTML and CSS
This fun guide covers all of the topics that every aspiring Web designer should know. This book offers advice on:
- Designing for your audience
- Building a solid framework for easy navigation
- Creating appealing graphics that work with the site
- Choosing the proper type and colors
- Tweaking the HTML to make everything work correctly
- Parlaying your skills into paid work
With expert guidance from Lisa Lopuck, a pioneer in interactive media design and the Senior Producer at Disney, you will be creating superb Web pages that will charm and impress all of your visitors!
Physics Workbook For Dummies
by Steven Holzner
Physics Workbook for Dummies gets the ball rolling with a brief overview of the nuts and bolts (i.e., converting measures, counting significant figures, applying math skills to physics problems, etc.) before getting into the nitty gritty. If you’re already a pro on the fundamentals, you can skip this section and jump right into the practice problems. There, you’ll get the lowdown on how to take your problem-solving skills to a whole new plane—without ever feeling like you’ve been left spiraling down a black hole.
With easy-to-follow instructions and practical tips, Physics Workbook for Dummies shows you how to you unleash your inner Einstein to solve hundreds of problems in all facets of physics, such as:
- Acceleration, distance, and time
- Circular motion
- Momentum and kinetic energy
- Rotational kinematics and rotational dynamics
- Potential and kinetic energy
- Electricity and magnetism
Complete answer explanations are included for all problems so you can see where you went wrong (or right). Plus, you’ll get the inside scoop on the ten most common mistakes people make when solving physics problems—and how to avoid them.
When push comes to shove, this friendly guide is just what you need to set your physics problem-solving skills in motion!
String Theory For Dummies
by Andrew Zimmerman Jones
A clear, plain-English guide to this complex scientific theory
String theory is the hottest topic in physics right now, with books on the subject (pro and con) flying out of the stores. String Theory For Dummies offers an accessible introduction to this highly mathematical “theory of everything,” which posits ten or more dimensions in an attempt to explain the basic nature of matter and energy. Written for both students and people interested in science, this guide explains concepts, discusses the string theory’s hypotheses and predictions, and presents the math in an approachable manner. It features in-depth examples and an easy-to-understand style so that readers can understand this controversial, cutting-edge theory.
Biomechanics For Dummies
by Steve McCaw
At once a basic and applied science, biomechanics focuses on the mechanical cause-effect relationships that determine the motions of living organisms. Biomechanics for Dummies examines the relationship between biological and mechanical worlds. It clarifies a vital topic for students of biomechanics who work in a variety of fields, including biological sciences, exercise and sports science, health sciences, ergonomics and human factors, and engineering and applied science. Following the path of a traditional introductory course, Biomechanics for Dummies covers the terminology and fundamentals of biomechanics, bone, joint, and muscle composition and function, motion analysis and control, kinematics and kinetics, fluid mechanics, stress and strain, applications of biomechanics, and black and white medical illustrations.
- Offers insights and expertise in biomechanics to provide an easy-to-follow, jargon-free guide to the subject
- Provides students who major in kinesiology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, occupational therapy, physical therapy, physical education, nutritional science, and many other subjects with a basic knowledge of biomechanics
Students and self-motivated learners interested in biological, applied, exercise, sports, and health sciences should not be without this accessible guide to the fundamentals.
MATLAB For Dummies
by Jim Sizemore, John Paul Mueller
If you work in a STEM field, chances are you’ll be using MATLAB on a daily basis. MATLAB is a popular and powerful computational tool and this book provides everything you need to start manipulating and plotting your data. MATLAB has rapidly become the premier data tool, and MATLAB For Dummies is a comprehensive guide to the fundamentals. MATLAB For Dummies guides you through this complex computational language from installation to visualization to automation.
- Learn MATLAB’s language fundamentals including syntax, operators, and data types
- Understand how to use the most important window in MATLAB – the Command Window
- Get the basics of linear algebra to get up and running with vectors, matrices, and hyperspace
- Automate your work with programming scripts and functions
- Plot graphs in 2D and 3D to visualize your data
- Includes a handy guide for MATLAB’s functions and plotting routines
MATLAB is an essential part of the analysis arsenal and MATLAB For Dummies provides clear, thorough guidance to get the most out of your data.
Organic Chemistry I For Dummies
by Arthur Winter
Organic Chemistry I For Dummies, 2nd Edition (9781118828076) is now being published as Organic Chemistry I For Dummies, 2nd Edition (9781119293378). While this version features an older Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the new release and should not be considered a different product.
The easy way to take the confusion out of organic chemistry
Organic chemistry has a long-standing reputation as a difficult course. Organic Chemistry I For Dummies takes a simple approach to the topic, allowing you to grasp concepts at your own pace.
This fun, easy-to-understand guide explains the basic principles of organic chemistry in simple terms, providing insight into the language of organic chemists, the major classes of compounds, and top trouble spots. You’ll also get the nuts and bolts of tackling organic chemistry problems, from knowing where to start to spotting sneaky tricks that professors like to incorporate.
- Refreshed example equations
- New explanations and practical examples that reflect today’s teaching methods
- Fully worked-out organic chemistry problems
Baffled by benzines? Confused by carboxylic acids? Here’s the help you need—in plain English!
Adobe Creative Suite All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
by Jennifer Smith, Jen deHaan
Well, relax. Adobe Creative Suite All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies® has you—and all those programs—covered. Five minibooks walk you through setting up and using the tools, while the sixth shows you how they all work together. And this single volume will remain a handy reference long after you gain proficiency with the entire suite:
- InDesign for page layout
- Illustrator for creating art and graphics
- Photoshop, the world’s favorite image editing program
- Acrobat, to share files across different operating systems and develop interactive forms
- GoLive for building innovative Web pages
Even if you plan to use only one or two of these elements now, Adobe Creative Suite All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies® is an outstanding resource. Find out what you need to know today, and when you’re ready to tackle the next tool, just turn to that minibook and away you go. These are only a few of the skills you’ll discover:
- Create a professional-looking page with InDesign, import Photoshop and Illustrator graphics to enliven it, and preserve it in a PDF file
- Design a logo for your business with Illustrator and give it 3D effects
- Save Illustrator files in a variety of Web-compatible formats, including GIF, HTML, and even Macromedia® Flash SWF
- Correct photo color and edit your images in Photoshop
- Plan an entire Web site for maximum impact, then save hours of work by using GoLive’s templates, components, and libraries
- Use Acrobat to create PDFs that include MP3 audio, video or SWF files
Whether your goal is to design newsletters, a full-size book, an e-commerce Web site, or just about anything else, Adobe’s Creative Suite plus Adobe Creative Suite All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies® will help you get the job done.