Free Download Pets, Crafts & Hobbies ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Jack Volhard, Wendy Volhard.
Dog Training For Dummies
by Jack Volhard, Wendy Volhard
Dog Training for Dummies, 2nd Edition, shows you how to select the right training method for your puppy or adult dog, based on his unique personality, to reach your desired goals. Whether you want to teach Spike to sit, or want to help Rover master retrieving, this book gives training for you and your dog—to ensure a mutually respectful relationship with your four-legged family member.
Discover how to:
- Understand your dog’s mind
- Recognize why positive reinforcement training is key
- Master basic training
- Survive the puppy period
- Deal with doggie don’ts
- Seek expert outside help
- And much more
With step-by-step instruction in basic commands, guidance on how to eliminate unwanted behavior, and tips for making training fun for you and your pooch, Dog Training for Dummies is packed with all the latest techniques and resources you need to make your pal a Top Dog for life.
Understanding Your Dog For Dummies
by Stanley Coren, Sarah Hodgson
Whether your pooch is a mixed breed or purebred, she has a distinct identity that makes her unique. The first step in understanding your dog is to respect the honorable task she was originally bred for and to identify how these inbred impulses influence her personality and behavior. In essence, you need to speak her language if you expect her to learn to understand yours.
Understanding Your Dog for Dummies gives you everything you need to learn to understand your pooch’s unique dialect of “Doglish”—and shows you how to take on the role as pack leader to give your dog the cues, guidance, and consistency she needs to shape and develop good behaviors. Inside you’ll discover how to:
- Read your dog’s body language
- Communicate with your dog
- Interpret your dog’s breed-specific traits
- Correct dog-behavior-gone-bad
- Counter anxiety-based behavior
- Understand and resolve aggressive behavior
- And so much more!
Think of this book as Doglish 101—a prerequisite for every human member of your dog’s family. Now, let the training begin!
Pit Bulls For Dummies
by D. Caroline Coile
If you think Pit Bulls should be purged from the face of the earth, Pit Bulls For Dummies will enlighten you. Perhaps you’re curious about this breed and want to know what Pit Bulls are really like; if so, this book is for you. Who else needs this handy reference?
- Smart people who realize that all breeds have good and bad points
- New (and not so new) owners who need help with training
- Owners looking for just the right veterinarian
- Potential owners looking to adopt from a breed-rescue group
- Pit Bull owners who need help identifying Pit Bull health problems
Too many dog care books are filled with unrealistic scare tactics that would cause anyone to just give up, while others are filled with hand-me-down dog lore that has no basis in reality. You won’t find any of that in Pit Bulls For Dummies. Here’s a sampling of the handy information you’ll find in this essential guide:
- Understanding the Pit Bull’s origins and characteristics
- Caring for a puppy or older Pit Bull
- Keeping your dog healthy with diet and exercise
- Dealing with bad behavior: Biting, barking, jumping, and more
- Training your Pit Bull in the basics such as sit, stay, heel, and come
- Understanding Pit Bull body language
- Helping your dog become a social animal
Owning a Pit Bull isn’t easy, but that’s not because of the dogs. A special commitment to the breed and a special dog owner are needed. Pit Bulls are pretty special dogs, and they have to prove it every day.
Housetraining For Dummies
by Susan McCullough
The latest information and tips on making housetraining easier for your pet and yourself
Did you know that what you feed your dog can effect help or hinder the housetraining process? That’s just one of the valuable tips you’ll find in Housetraining For Dummies 2nd Edition, the authoritative housetraining reference for new and veteran pet owners alike.
This new edition features plenty of new and revised material on everything from the latest housetraining equipment to the latest information on diet and nutrition and the crucial role it plays in housetraining. You’ll also find useful tips and techniques for creating environmentally safe cleaners from natural products found in the home and alternatives you can use if you have a sensitive pet.
- Features the latest findings on how pet nutrition can influence housetraining success
- Offers proven housetraining strategies
- Introduces new methods for housetraining multiple pets at once
- Reviews new housetraining equipment and products
- Shows you how to make environmentally safe stain and odor removers from products already in your home
- Susan McCullough is a columnist for Dog Fancy magazine and the author of several books including Beagles For Dummies and the award-winning Senior Dogs For Dummies
Housetraining can be a difficult and stressful process for both you and your puppy, adult, or senior dog. Housetraining For Dummies 2nd Edition is the resource you need to make it faster and easier for both of you.
Dog Grooming For Dummies
by Margaret H. Bonham
Brush, bathe, and clip your dog like a pro!
Whether your dog is destined for a career in the show ring or a spot on the living room couch, good grooming is important. This friendly guide shows you how to develop a grooming routine that will keep your dog clean – and strengthen the bond between you. It includes detailed, step-by-step grooming instructions for all types of coats.
Discover how to
- Train your dog for grooming
- Care for nails, teeth, and ears
- Use clippers and scissors
- Groom specific types of coats
- Prepare a dog for the show ring
Triathlon Training For Dummies
by Deirdre Pitney, Donna Dourney
This authoritative guide helps you evaluate your cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, endurance, and flexibility, and to set manageable realistic training goals. You’ll learn how to establish a workout schedule, choose a target finish time get the right, affordable equipment you’ll need for each leg of the race, and maximize your fitness and form for swimming, biking, and running. You’ll also get plenty of help in putting it all together as you focus your training, add dual workouts, become a quick-change artist, and save time during transitions. Discover how to:
- Choose an event to train for based on your fitness level
- Get into your best possible shape
- Select the right equipment and sportswear
- Train for an Olympic, Sprint, or Ironman triathlon
- Fuel your body and prevent injuries
- Prepare for training sessions
- Maintain energy and recover quickly
- Set training schedules for every triathlon event
- Treat common training and racing injuries
- Live like an athlete
Triathlon Training For Dummies comes complete with resources for finding triathlons near you, lists of items to bring along on race day, and tips on registration formalities and racing etiquette.
Canine Good Citizen Test In A Day For Dummies
by Jack Volhard, Wendy Volhard
The AKC’s Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Program is one of the most rapidly growing programs in the American Kennel Club. With useful tips and quick fixes that will put a stop to all sorts of bad habits, Canine Good Citizen Test In A Day For Dummies helps owners build solid relationships with their dog based on positive reinforcement, trust, and obedience.
This handy little guide gives you a better understanding of the test itself, the essential skills tested, and the benefits of this unique training program. It covers the test’s requirements and various elements, and is packed with expert tips and advice for mastering all ten sections of the test.
- A detailed description of the entire test’s requirements and elements
- Tips and tricks for mastering each the of 10 sections of the test
- The do’s and don’ts of taking the test
- Online component takes you beyond the book with bonus content and features
Canine Good Citizen Test In A Day For Dummies gives you everything you need to help your dog master the skills and proficiencies necessary to pass the AKC’s Good Canine Test.
Dogs All-in-One For Dummies
by Consumer Dummies
Dogs All-in-One For Dummies offers all dog lovers the latest information you need to choose, raise, and care for your furry best friend from puppyhood to its twilight years. From finding the right dog for your lifestyle and teaching your dog good manners to housetraining, grooming, and knowing when your pet is sick or needs medical attention, this fact-packed guide will serve as your essential dog bible.
- Features new information on dog showing, agility, going Green, and traveling with your pooch
- Includes information from Dogs For Dummies, 2nd Edition; Puppies For Dummies, 2nd Edition; Adopting a Pet For Dummies; Choosing a Dog For Dummies; Dog Grooming For Dummies; Dog Health & Nutrition For Dummies; Dog Training For Dummies, 2nd Edition; Dog Tricks & Agility For Dummies 2nd Edition; Housetraining For Dummies, 2nd Edition; Breeding Dogs For Dummies; Mixed Breeds For Dummies; and Understanding Your Dog For Dummies
Thorough and timely, Dogs All-in-One For Dummies covers everything from head to tail!
Hamsters For Dummies
by Sarah Montague
Hamsters are the most popular rodents kept as pets. Hamsters For Dummies helps those owners who have little or no experience caring for this small mammal. This book covers selecting a healthy hamster, health care and nutrition, and housing and supplies. Readers will also find information on training and playing with hamsters.
Adopting a Pet For Dummies
by Eve Adamson
Your fun and easy guide to the challenges and rewards of adopting a pet
Thinking about adopting or rescuing an animal? This friendly guide gives you a no-nonsense introduction to the process and helps you select the right companion for you and your family. You’ll see how to handle everything from feeding, health care, and housetraining to obedience, behavior issues, and special needs for older and abused animals.
Discover how to
* Work with shelters and rescue groups
* Navigate the procedures and paperwork
* Find a supportive veterinarian
* Adopt a dog, cat, bird, critter, or exotic pet
* Help your pet adjust to its new home