Download ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Lars M. Blöhdorn, Denise Hodgson-Möckel.
Telefonieren auf Englisch für Dummies
by Lars M. Blöhdorn, Denise Hodgson-Möckel
C# 2008 For Dummies
by Stephen R. Davis, Chuck Sphar
For the best basic C# how-to, it’s hard to beat C# 2008 For Dummies. This plain-English guide to programming with C# can have you creating your first console application before you finish Part I. In fact, the basic template you create at that point will be the foundation of many other apps as you move through the book. Along the way you’ll get the scoop on organizing your data, object-oriented programming (also known as OOP), and a great LINQ-related feature called delegates and events. You’ll find out how to
- Create a console application template
- Perform logical comparisons
- Work with loops and if statements
- Understand collection syntax
- Use interfaces and object-oriented concepts
- Apply delegates and events, and much more
You’ll even gain some rare insight into how to understand error messages you may get when programming in C#. All the code you need can be found on the companion Web site, along with great bonus information that helps you do more with C# 2008. So — what are you waiting for? Grab C# 2008 For Dummies and let’s get started!
Sudoku For Dummies
by Andrew Heron, Edmund James
More than just a listing of puzzles, Sudoku For Dummies, Volume 2 features a chapter explaining how to solve puzzles and the strategies involved. Additionally, readers receive all puzzle solutions in the back of the book. Finally, Sudoku For Dummies, Volume 2 includes a brief history of Sudoku (or Su Doku) for those interested. Descriptions of the newer types of puzzles are listed below.
Circular Sudoku (10 included: 3 Easy, 3 Tricky, 2 Tough, and 2 Diabolical)
The rules are similar to the normal 9×9 Sudoku but with some important differences. The puzzle is circular for a start, with 8 concentric rings. Each ring must contain the numbers 1-8 and each segment running into the centre of the circle and through to the opposite side of the circle must contain the numbers 1 – 8 and or course there can be no duplicate numbers.
16 x 16 Sudoku (10 included: 3 Easy, 3 Tricky, 2 Tough, and 2 Diabolical)
The grid is larger at 16 x 16 and solvers must fit the letters A-F into the grid alongside the numbers 0-9. 16 x 16 Sudoku are more difficult, take more time and are more infuriating than the normal puzzles – but just as addictive!
Emotional Intelligence For Dummies
by Steven J. Stein
- Manage your emotions – identify your feelings, determine what beliefs cause negative emotions, and stop self-destructive behaviors
- Discover the power of empathy – read other people’s emotions through facial cues and body language and show them you understand their feelings
- Thrive at work – find a job that’s right for you, overcome hassles and fears, and develop your leadership skills
- Build and sustain meaningful relationships – discover how to take your partner’s emotional temperature and manage emotions to grow closer
- Raise an emotionally intelligent child – keep your cool with your child, coax shy children out of their shells, and get your child to be less aggressive and defiant
GPS For Dummies
by Joel McNamara
If you have a GPS unit or plan to buy one, GPS For Dummies, 2nd Edition helps you compare GPS technologies, units, and uses. You’ll find out how to create and use digital maps and learn about waypoints, tracks, coordinate systems, and other key point to using GPS technology.
Get more from your GPS device by learning to use Web-hosted mapping services and even how to turn your cell phone or PDA into a GPS receiver. You’ll also discover:
- Up-to-date information on the capabilities of popular handheld and automotive Global Positioning Systems
- How to read a map and how to get more from the free maps available online
- The capabilities and limitations of GPS technology, and how satellites and radio systems make GPS work
- How to interface your GPS receiver with your computer and what digital mapping software can offer
- Why a cell phone with GPS capability isn’t the same as a GPS unit
- What can affect your GPS reading and how accurate it will be
- How to use Street Atlas USA, TopoFusion, Google Earth, and other tools
- Fun things to do with GPS, such as exploring topographical maps, aerial imagery, and the sport of geocaching
Most GPS receivers do much more than their owners realize. With GPS For Dummies, 2nd Edition in hand, you’ll venture forth with confidence!
Facebook Marketing For Dummies
by Paul Dunay, Richard Krueger
Facebook boasts an extremely devoted user base, with more than 65 billion page visits per month. With Facebook, an organization can market and promote their brand, products, or services via the network’s built-in components of profile pages, polls, community building, advertising, word-of-mouth marketing, and business applications. This insightful resource focuses on the strategies, tactics, and techniques necessary to lead your organization into the world of Facebook marketing.
Packed with vital real-world case studies, the book serves as a must-have guide for the most reliable, responsible, and ethical business and marketing practices with Facebook.
- A helpful reference that discusses essential strategies, tactics, and techniques for excelling in the world of Facebook marketing
- Examines setting up a business profile page, hosting an event on Facebook, and tracking your return-on-investment
- Shares strategies for successful Facebook advertising campaigns
- Demonstrates how to create widgets and Facebook applications
Face it: this essential book contains everything you need to know for your foray into Facebook marketing.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Beginning Programming For Dummies
by Wallace Wang
Beginning Programming for Dummies shows you how computer programming works without all the technical details or hard programming language. It explores the common parts of every computer programming language and how to write for multiple platforms like Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux. This easily accessible guide provides you with the tools you need to:
- Create programs and divide them into subprograms
- Develop variables and use constants
- Manipulate strings and convert them into numbers
- Use an array as storage space
- Reuse and rewrite code
- Isolate data
- Create a user interface
- Write programs for the Internet
In addition to these essential building blocks, this guide features a companion CD-ROM containing Liberty BASIC compiler and code in several languages. It also provides valuable programming resources and lets you in on cool careers for programmers. With Beginning Programming of Dummies, you can take charge of your computer and begin programming today!
String Theory For Dummies
by Andrew Zimmerman Jones
A clear, plain-English guide to this complex scientific theory
String theory is the hottest topic in physics right now, with books on the subject (pro and con) flying out of the stores. String Theory For Dummies offers an accessible introduction to this highly mathematical “theory of everything,” which posits ten or more dimensions in an attempt to explain the basic nature of matter and energy. Written for both students and people interested in science, this guide explains concepts, discusses the string theory’s hypotheses and predictions, and presents the math in an approachable manner. It features in-depth examples and an easy-to-understand style so that readers can understand this controversial, cutting-edge theory.
Nikon D3000 For Dummies
by Julie Adair King
The Nikon D3000 is Nikon’s new entry-level camera. With the D3000, you get all the features of Nikon’s older cameras along with an updated battery, larger monitor, and improved focus features. In addition, the D3000 also offers simpler menus to help first-time DSLR users.
Assuming no prior dSLR knowledge, veteran author Julie Adair King offers you a tour of the camera body, a hands-on how-to on all the features of the D3000, and a step-by-step walkthrough of how to get the photos you want.
- Explains shooting in auto mode, reviews the new video option, and covers working with file size and quality
- Walks you through shifting out of automatic mode and using the D3000’s lighting, exposure, focus, and color features
- Demonstrates getting photos from your camera to your PC, developing an effective file system, and sharing photos via print, online, or other ways
Packed with useful tips, this helpful guide encourages you to take control of your camera.
Hawaii For Dummies
by Cheryl Farr Leas
- Full coverage of all the action on all the islands
- The best luxury resorts and the best bargain hotels
- Complete rundown of each island’s best beaches
- The best luaus, outdoor adventures, and mouth-watering dining
Like every For Dummies travel guide, Hawaii For Dummies, Third Edition includes:
- Down-to-earth trip-planning advice
- What you shouldn’t miss—and what you can skip
- The best hotels and restaurants for every budget
- Handy Post-it Flags to mark your favorite pages