Free Download Science, Technology & Engineering ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Alecia M. Spooner.
Environmental Science For Dummies
by Alecia M. Spooner
Environmental science is a fascinating subject, but some students have a hard time grasping the interrelationships of the natural world and the role that humans play within the environment. Presented in a straightforward format, Environmental Science For Dummies gives you plain-English, easy-to-understand explanations of the concepts and material you’ll encounter in your introductory-level course.
Here, you get discussions of the earth’s natural resources and the problems that arise when resources like air, water, and soil are contaminated by manmade pollutants. Sustainability is also examined, including the latest advancements in recycling and energy production technology. Environmental Science For Dummies is the most accessible book on the market for anyone who needs to get a handle on the topic, whether you’re looking to supplement classroom learning or simply interested in learning more about our environment and the problems we face.
- Presents straightforward information on complex concepts
- Tracks to a typical introductory level Environmental Science course
- Serves as an excellent supplement to classroom learning
If you’re enrolled in an introductory Environmental Science course or studying for the AP Environmental Science exam, this hands-on, friendly guide has you covered.
Data Science For Dummies
by Lillian Pierson
Discover how data science can help you gain in-depth insight into your business – the easy way!
Jobs in data science abound, but few people have the data science skills needed to fill these increasingly important roles. Data Science For Dummies is the perfect starting point for IT professionals and students who want a quick primer covering all areas of the expansive data science space. With a focus on business cases, the book explores topics in big data, data science, and data engineering, and how these three areas are combined to produce tremendous value. If you want to pick-up the skills you need to begin a new career or initiate a new project, reading this book will help you understand what technologies, programming languages, and mathematical methods on which to focus. While this book serves as a wildly fantastic guide through the broad aspects of the topic, including the sometimes intimidating field of big data and data science, it is not an instructional manual for hands-on implementation. Here’s what to expect in Data Science for Dummies:
- Provides a background in big data and data engineering before moving on to data science and how it’s applied to generate value.
- Includes coverage of big data frameworks and applications like Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, MPP platforms, and NoSQL.
- Explains machine learning and many of its algorithms, as well as artificial intelligence and the evolution of the Internet of Things.
- Details data visualization techniques that can be used to showcase, summarize, and communicate the data insights you generate.
It’s a big, big data world out there – let Data Science For Dummies help you get started harnessing its power so you can gain a competitive edge for your organization.
GED Science For Dummies
by Murray Shukyn, Achim K. Krull
Does the thought of taking the GED Science Test make you sweat? Fear not! With the help of GED Science Test For Dummies, you’ll get up to speed on the new structure and computer-based format of the GED and gain the confidence and know-how to pass the Science Test like a pro. Packed with helpful guidance and instruction, this hands-on test-prep guide covers the concepts covered onthe GED Science Test and gives you ample practice opportunities to assess your understanding of Life Science, Physical Science, and Earth and Space Science.
Designed to test your understanding of the fundamentals of science reasoning and the ability to apply those fundamentals in realistic situations, the GED Science Test can be tough for the uninitiated. Luckily, this fun and accessible guide breaks down each section of the exam into easily digestible parts, making everything you’ll encounter on exam day feel like a breeze! Inside, you’ll find methods to sharpen your science vocabulary and data analysis skills, tips on how to approach GED Science Test question types and formats, practice questions and study exercises, and a full-length practice test to help you pinpoint where you need more study help.
- Presents reviews of the GED Science test question types and basic computer skills
- Offers practice questions to assess your knowledge of each subject area
- Includes one full-length GED Science practice test
- Provides scoring guidelines and detailed answer explanations
Even if science is something that’s always made you squeamish, GED Science Test For Dummies makes it easy to pass this crucial exam and obtain your hard-earned graduate equivalency diploma.
Python for Data Science For Dummies
by John Paul Mueller, Luca Massaron
The fast and easy way to learn Python programming and statistics
Python is a general-purpose programming language created in the late 1980s—and named after Monty Python—that’s used by thousands of people to do things from testing microchips at Intel, to powering Instagram, to building video games with the PyGame library.
Python For Data Science For Dummies is written for people who are new to data analysis, and discusses the basics of Python data analysis programming and statistics. The book also discusses Google Colab, which makes it possible to write Python code in the cloud.
- Get started with data science and Python
- Visualize information
- Wrangle data
- Learn from data
The book provides the statistical background needed to get started in data science programming, including probability, random distributions, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, and building regression models for prediction.
Data Science Strategy For Dummies
by Ulrika Jägare
All the answers to your data science questions
Over half of all businesses are using data science to generate insights and value from big data. How are they doing it? Data Science Strategy For Dummiesanswers all your questions about how to build a data science capability from scratch, starting with the “what” and the “why” of data science and covering what it takes to lead and nurture a top-notch team of data scientists.
With this book, you’ll learn how to incorporate data science as a strategic function into any business, large or small. Find solutions to your real-life challenges as you uncover the stories and value hidden within data.
- Learn exactly what data science is and why it’s important
- Adopt a data-driven mindset as the foundation to success
- Understand the processes and common roadblocks behind data science
- Keep your data science program focused on generating business value
- Nurture a top-quality data science team
In non-technical language, Data Science Strategy For Dummiesoutlines new perspectives and strategies to effectively lead analytics and data science functions to create real value.
Science Fair Projects For Dummies
by Maxine Levaren
Stuck on what to do for your science project? This easy-to-follow guide is chock-full of more than 50 fun ideas and experiments in everything from astronomy to zoology. Your ultimate guide to creating crowd-pleasing displays, it shows you everything you need to know to:
- Choose the best project idea for you
- Make sure your project idea is safe, affordable, and doable
- Research, take notes, and organize your facts
- Write a clear informative research paper
- Design and execute your projects
- Ace the presentation and wow the judges
Science fair guru Maxine Levaren gives walks you step-by-step through every phase of choosing, designing, assembling and presenting a blue ribbon science fair project. She gives you the inside scoop on what the judges are really looking for and coaches you on all the dos and don’ts of science fairs. And she arms you with in-depth coverage of more than 50 winning projects, including:
- Projects involving experiments in virtually every scientific disciplines
- Computer projects that develop programs to solve a particular problem or analyze system performance
- Engineering projects that design and build new devices or test existing devices to compare and analyze performance
- Research projects involving data collection and mathematical analysis of results
Your complete guide to doing memorable science projects and having fun in the process, Science Fair Projects For Dummies is a science fair survival guide for budding scientists at every grade level.
GED Test For Dummies
by Murray Shukyn, Dale E. Shuttleworth, Achim K. Krull
If you’re preparing for this all-important exam, GED Test For Dummies with Online Practice gets you up and running on everything you can expect on test day, from overviews of the test sections to invaluable reviews and test-taking strategies for all the subjects covered—and everything in between.
In the book, you’ll find hands-on, digestible information for navigating your way through the Language Arts/Reading and Writing Tests, Social Studies Test, Mathematics Test, and Science Test. Whether you’re looking to perfect your grammar and punctuation skills, get familiar with the types of fiction and nonfiction passages you’ll encounter, take the fear out of math and science, put the social in your studies, or answer multiple-choice questions with confidence, this unintimidating guide makes it easy to score higher and pass this vital exam.
The accompanying online experience helps you further your skills by providing practice questions with answers and full explanations
- This new edition has been fully updated to reflect the latest version of the GED
- Includes 2 full-length practice tests with detailed answer explanations and walkthroughs.
- Offers clear overviews of all the topics covered on the GED
- Includes special considerations if English is your second language
It’s all at your fingertips! Prepare for the test, improve your chances of success, and increase your earning power and job prospects with the help of GED Test For Dummies with Online Practice
The GED For Dummies®
by Murray Shukyn, Dale E. Shuttleworth
Get the skills and know-how you need to pass the GED test
Earning a GED can provide you with an advantage over other job and education candidates and the confidence to take the next step. The GED For Dummies, 2nd Edition gives you fresh and relevant example questions from the GED and even more hands-on training in each of the 5 subject areas to help you maximize your success and earn a passing score.
- Features 2 full practice tests in each of the 5 subject areas with detailed walk-throughs and explanations for every solution
- Offers advice on test preparation, from registering and studying effectively to managing your time during the exam
Improve your job and education prospects now by studying for the GED with this easy-to-follow, proven guide!
String Theory For Dummies
by Andrew Zimmerman Jones
A clear, plain-English guide to this complex scientific theory
String theory is the hottest topic in physics right now, with books on the subject (pro and con) flying out of the stores. String Theory For Dummies offers an accessible introduction to this highly mathematical “theory of everything,” which posits ten or more dimensions in an attempt to explain the basic nature of matter and energy. Written for both students and people interested in science, this guide explains concepts, discusses the string theory’s hypotheses and predictions, and presents the math in an approachable manner. It features in-depth examples and an easy-to-understand style so that readers can understand this controversial, cutting-edge theory.
Biology Workbook For Dummies
by Rene Fester Kratz
Are you a student baffled by biology? You’re not alone. With the help of Biology Workbook For Dummies you’ll quickly and painlessly get a grip on complex biology concepts and unlock the mysteries of this fascinating and ever-evolving field of study.
Whether used as a complement to Biology For Dummies or on its own, Biology Workbook For Dummies aids you in grasping the fundamental aspects of Biology. In plain English, it helps you understand the concepts you’ll come across in your biology class, such as physiology, ecology, evolution, genetics, cell biology, and more. Throughout the book, you get plenty of practice exercises to reinforce learning and help you on your goal of scoring higher in biology.
- Grasp the fundamental concepts of biology
- Step-by-step answer sets clearly identify where you went wrong (or right) with a problem
- Hundreds of study questions and exercises give you the skills and confidence to ace your biology course
If you’re intimidated by biology, utilize the friendly, hands-on information and activities in Biology Workbook For Dummies to build your skills in and out of the science lab.