Download Health & Fitness ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Mathew Miller, Sharon Perkins.
Dad’s Guide To Pregnancy For Dummies
by Mathew Miller, Sharon Perkins
In today’s world, men are more involved in their wives’ pregnancies than ever before. This 2nd Edition of Dad’s Guide to Pregnancy For Dummies gives new fathers a hands-on guide that covers all of the logistical, physical, and emotional aspects of pregnancy. It is a wealth of information on topics, such as setting up the nursery, childbirth 101, and how to take care of your newborn. The book includes ideas for knowing the right time to break the news and the pregnancy timeline. Once the baby arrives, this handbook gives you the low-down on what you can expect during the first six months, such as how to change diapers and feed the little one.
You’ll also explore much more in-depth topics such as the new technology behind ultrasounds, and the information that is gleaned from them, the lowdown on vaccination updates, information to take the fear out of cesarean sections, tips on prenatal depression, new developments on infertility treatments, and so much more!
- Helps to take the fear out of fatherhood with down-to-earth advice and information
- Reveals how smoking leads to development problems and the possible dangers of e-cigarettes
- Shows new dads a playbook for how they can help throughout the pregnancy and during the delivery
- Offers practical tips for chronicling baby’s life from ultrasound to year one
If you’re going to be a new dad, this is a survival guide of what to expect as your bundle of joy is on the way is the complete, easy-to-read resource for preparing with your partner.
Dad’s Guide to Baby’s First Year For Dummies
by Sharon Perkins, Stefan Korn, Scott Lancaster, Eric Mooij
Your new baby is nothing short of a miracle—and it’s no wonder you want to keep your bundle of joy safe and sound through every stage of their first year. Dad’s Guide to Baby’s First Year For Dummies takes the guesswork out of being your baby’s primary caregiver, giving you sound instruction and helpful advice on looking after your baby, the essential gear you’ll need to baby-proof your home, practical solutions to common parenting challenges, and so much more.
Whether it’s due to a fledgling economy or a simple sign of modern times, more and more men are staying at home with the kids while their breadwinning wives or partners deal with rush hour traffic. Whatever the reason you’ve decided to take on the role of Mr. Mom, Dad’s Guide to Baby’s First Year For Dummies offers all the friendly guidance and trusted tips you need to be a fantastic full-time parent.
- Look after your baby and teach children great skills
- Help your partner through pregnancy, birth, and beyond
- Follow the habits of highly successful dads
- Be a hands-on, stay-at-home dad
If you’re a proud papa-to-be, Dad’s Guide to Baby’s First Year For Dummies ensures all your bases are covered, so you can spend less time fretting about fatherhood and more time cherishing your wee one.
Baby and Toddler Meals For Dummies
by Dawn Simmons, Curt Simmons, Sallie Warren
Understand your child’s nutritional needs and prepare fast, tasty meals
Babies and toddlers need good nutrition to grow and thrive, and this essential, timesaving guide makes it easy to feed your child right. It explains exactly what foods you should introduce at what ages — and shows you how to prepare fresh, home-cooked baby and toddler meals that beat anything you can get from a jar or box.
Discover how to
* Save money and expand your baby-food budget
* Dish up healthy, well-balanced meals
* Introduce new foods at the right time
* Serve foods with high kid-appeal
* Have fun cooking with your child
IVF and Beyond For Dummies
by Karin Hammarberg
Created especially for the Australian customer!
A guide to the medical, emotional, legal and financial aspects of IVF and life after treatment
Are you trying for a baby but suspect you may have an infertility problem and need IVF to conceive? IVF & Beyond For Dummies gives you clear advice on the causes of infertility, getting ready for IVF, the steps involved in treatment and managing the ups and downs of this difficult time. This comprehensive guide also prepares you for life post-IVF.
- Find out why you can’t fall pregnant — learn about the causes of infertility and what it takes to get a diagnosis
- Improve your chances of IVF success — change your lifestyle to boost your fertility
- Understand IVF step-by-step — get detailed, easy-to-follow explanations of what happens in a treatment cycle
- Navigate the system — educate yourself about the legal and financial realities of IVF
- Take charge — be empowered to make informed decisions about your IVF treatment
- Manage treatment stress — discover strategies for surviving the emotional turmoil of IVF
- Help a friend — get advice on how to support a loved one who’s undergoing IVF
- Enjoy life after IVF — find out what’s special about being pregnant, giving birth and parenting after IVF
Living Vegan For Dummies
by Alexandra Jamieson
The fun and easy way® to live a vegan lifestyle
Are you thinking about becoming a vegan? Already a practicing vegan? More than 3 million Americans currently live a vegan lifestyle, and that number is growing. Living Vegan For Dummies is your one-stop resource for understanding vegan practices, sharing them with your friends and loved ones, and maintaining a vegan way of life.
This friendly, practical guide explains the types of products that vegans abstain from eating and consuming, and provides healthy and animal-free options. You’ll see how to create a balanced, nutritious vegan diet; read food and product labels to determine animal-derived product content; and stock a vegan pantry. You’ll also get 40 great-tasting recipes to expand your cooking repertoire.
- Features expert guidance in living a vegan lifestyle and explaining it to friends and family
- Includes proper dietary guidelines so you can get the nutrition you need
- Gives you several action plans for making the switch to veganism
- Provides parents with everything they need to understand and support their children’s choices
With the tips and advice in Living Vegan For Dummies, you can truly live and enjoy a vegan way of life!
Pregnancy For Dummies
by Jane Palmer, Joanne Stone, Keith Eddleman, Mary Duenwald
This updated and expanded third edition of Pregnancy ForDummies offers mothers-to-be practical advice and expert guidance on every stage of their pregnancy — and beyond!
Understand what’s happening with your baby and your body, and be guided through what to expect from labour, birth and becoming a new parent.
- Follow your baby’s development — understand the changes you and your baby go through during all three trimesters
- Research your birth options — make informed choices that best suit your needs
- Care for your baby before birth — eat well and keep active during pregnancy
- Prepare for the birth of your baby — know what happens before, during and after labour
- Look after your newborn — find advice on breastfeeding and bringing your baby home
- Keep up with current issues —identify issues facing mothers today, such as returning to work or having children later in life
- Get expert advice on special situations — meet the challenges of multiple births, problems during pregnancy or miscarriage
Open the book and find:
- Ways to increase your chances of getting pregnant
- Clear illustrations of how the body changes during pregnancy
- Advice for managing pre-existing conditions during pregnancy
- Discussion about complementary and alternative therapies
- Simple explanations of your birth options
- Information about parental leave entitlements
- Websites to access further support
Dad’s Guide to Pregnancy For Dummies
by Roger Henderson, Matthew M. F. Miller, Sharon Perkins
Dad’s Guide to Pregnancy For Dummies is packed with practical, straightforward information for fathers-to-be, covering all of the logistical, physical, and emotional aspects of pregnancy from a dad’s unique point of view.
When it comes to pregnancy, dads’ roles have changed so much in the past few decades that expectant fathers don’t always know where to turn to for guidance and advice on this milestone event. Now they do!
Dad’s Guide to Pregnancy For Dummies covers:
- What to expect at doctor’s visits
- Tips for being a supportive partner during pregnancy and preparing for fatherhood
- Advice on birth plans, labour and delivery, and the first days and weeks of a baby’s life
Packed with helpful information on the typical struggles and feelings expectant fathers face, Dad’s Guide to Pregnancy For Dummies gives first-time fathers and veteran dads alike a wealth of useful information.
by Sally K. Tracy, Carol Thorogood, Jan Pincombe, Sally Pairman
Midwifery Preparation for Practice 2e is the only text which reflects the historical and socio – political environment in which midwives in Australia and New Zealand practice. In addition, it is the only text which incorporates the philosophy and standards endorsed by New Zealand and Australian Colleges of Midwives while also focusing on the partnership between midwives with women and the woman- centred model of midwifery care.
The second edition has built on the existing philosophy and structure of Midwifery: Preparation for Practice,though with a greater emphasis on the development of critical thinking and researching skills. Key chapters have been re-written to reflect recent changes in government legislation while current research and pertinent examples are included throughout the text.
This new edition is supported by a comprehensive suite of resources for both Instructors and Students using the Evolve website as a platform. These ancillaries will re-enforce the critical thinking elements for students with interactive case studies and scenario based learning exercises as well as the multiple choice questions.
- Presents unique philosophy and woman-centered approach in line with the standards set by the ACNM and NZCM
- Key contributors from Australia and New Zealand
- Key terms, Chapter Overview, Learning Outcomes and Review Questions included in every chapter.
- Reflective exercises, Critical thinking exercises and Clinical Scenarios to encourage active student learning
- 2 new Indigenous chapters highlight key health aspects relevant for Midwives working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and Maori women
- New chapter on Perineal care and repair
- Increased coverage of anatomy and physiology
- Instructor and Student resources on Evolve with a focus on critical thinking – Weblinks, interactive case studies, PowerPoints, additional exercises with questions and answers
Pediatric Primary Care – E-Book
by Catherine E. Burns, Ardys M. Dunn, Margaret A. Brady, Nancy Barber Starr, Catherine G. Blosser, Dawn Lee Garzon Maaks
Covering the full spectrum of health conditions seen in the primary care of children, Pediatric Primary Care, 5th Edition emphasizes both prevention and management from the unique perspective of the Nurse Practitioner. Written by an expert editor/contributor team, it provides in-depth, evidence-based guidance for assessing and managing health problems in children from infancy through adolescence. Other key topics include developmental theory, the health status of children today, issues of daily living, and cultural considerations.
Four-part organizationincludes an introductory unit, plus units on child development, the health management of children, and diseases and disorders common to childhood.
UNIQUE! Functional health patterns framework in Unit Three provides a lens for discussing health promotion through the various components of healthy living.
- UNIQUE! ICD framework in Unit Four addresses the classification used to code diseases in both hospital and outpatient settings.
- UNIQUE! Practice management chapter provides need-to-know information on managing a private healthcare practice, including issues of productivity, compliance with applicable laws, quality-of-care indicators, and successful business practices.
- UNIQUE! Environmental health chapter offers evidence-based content on the effects of environmental toxicants, such as tobacco smoke, heavy metals, and air pollutants.
- An 8-page color insert presents over 40 photos that visually demonstrate key assessment findings for ear, skin, and other conditions.
- NEW! Pediatric Pain Management chapter addresses the increased recognition of pain as the “fifth vital sign” with expanded coverage of acute and chronic pain management in children.
- Extensively revised and updated genetics chapter presents a new paradigm for addressing genetic considerations in clinical practice, including an introduction to epigenetics.
- Increased emphasis on health disparities explores the growing health disparities among children in the U.S and worldwide and provides strategies to help patients and parents gain accessibility to health care resources.
- NEW! Content on implementing a “medical home” explores the trend toward family-centered coordinated health care and fosters appropriate treatment for children with chronic disease.
- NEW! Updated coverage takes a more global approach, exploring the health status of children outside the U.S.
- Expanded imaging content offers valuable guidance on using various imaging modalities, including how to prepare the child for diagnostics.
Breastfeeding the Newborn
by Marie Biancuzzo
- Easy-to-read content supports breastfeeding promotion during pregnancy and offers practical tips for breastfeeding management during the first month of life.
- Actual clinical scenarios are included to stimulate critical thinking and breastfeeding management strategies.
- Interviewing techniques and physical assessment guidelines are provided to enhance breastfeeding initiation and continuation.
- Strategies to support breastfeeding for multiple or preterm births are offered.
- Research Highlights discuss key studies related to the clinical area.
- A new chapter on Strategies for Breastfeeding the Preterm Newborn presents important issues and concerns related to this critical time in the newborn’s life.
- Expanded information on Disease Implications and Risks-Benefits of Pharmacologic and Herbal Therapies stresses the importance of understanding therapeutic care alternatives and their implications for successful breastfeeding.