Download Computers ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Peter Weverka.
PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
by Peter Weverka
PowerPoint dominates the presentation landscape. With the changes in PowerPoint 2010, including the availability of an online version, PowerPoint users need this comprehensive reference to make the most of the program.
PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies features in-depth coverage of the elements and the process involved in creating knockout presentations. Seven minibooks cover all the new 2010 features, providing a great education for beginners and showing PowerPoint veterans lots of new tricks.
- PowerPoint is the leading presentation software used in business and education; new features in PowerPoint 2010 include an online version and expanded audiovisual capabilities
- Seven self-contained minibooks cover getting started; building a presentation; tables, charts, and diagrams; graphics and shapes; adding audio, video, and animation; giving the presentation; and PowerPoint for power users
- Explains how to use the interface and tools and shows how to represent data visually for greater impact
- Provides important tips on adding the human element when making a presentation
- Gives advanced users advice on creating templates, collaboration, automation, and more
PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies gets novices up to speed and helps experienced users take their skills to the next level.
Flash CS4 For Dummies
by Ellen Finkelstein, Gurdy Leete
This full color edition gives you the opportunity to get acquainted with Flash CS4, discover all the possibilities, and become familiar with the new tools. You’ll be able to create dynamic content, adapt the program’s features to suit your development needs, publish your Flash files to the Web, and showcase your creativity and newly acquired skills. You’ll discover how to create graphics, text, and layers, make animations, add sound and video, and optimize your files for download. Find out how to:
- Draw and edit images, create effects, and use layers
- Building layers, manipulate objects, and add buttons
- Animate figures and add interactive features
- Understand the basics of colors, frame rates, and graphics
- Incorporate video and sound files
- Publish your files to the Web
Complete with lists of ten frequently asked questions about Flash, ten best resources for Flash, and samples of work from ten fabulous Flash designers, Adobe Flash CS4For Dummies is your one-stop guide designing dynamic and interactive content.
Web Design For Dummies®
by Lisa Lopuck
Web design requires many programs to make a Website attractive and fun, including:
- Using Web editors like Dreamweaver
- Image editing tools like Photoshop elements
- Drawing utensils like Illustrator
- Background markup and scripting languages like HTML and CSS
This fun guide covers all of the topics that every aspiring Web designer should know. This book offers advice on:
- Designing for your audience
- Building a solid framework for easy navigation
- Creating appealing graphics that work with the site
- Choosing the proper type and colors
- Tweaking the HTML to make everything work correctly
- Parlaying your skills into paid work
With expert guidance from Lisa Lopuck, a pioneer in interactive media design and the Senior Producer at Disney, you will be creating superb Web pages that will charm and impress all of your visitors!
InDesign CS5 For Dummies
by Galen Gruman
As the industry standard in professional layout and design, InDesign delivers powerful publishing solutions for magazine, newspaper, and other publishing fields. This introductory book is an easy-to-understand reference for anyone migrating from another software application or those with little-to-no desktop publishing experience. You’ll explore InDesign basics and examine the enhancements to InDesign CS5, while you also discover how pages work, build templates, create frames and shapes, manage styles, and much more.
- InDesign is proving to be an increasingly popular layout and design application; InDesign CS5 includes new functionality and enhanced tools
- Teaches all the basics for first-time users, including how to open and save your work, arrange objects, work with color, edit text, manage styles, finesse character details, add special type, import and size graphics, set paths, work with tabs, create indices, and more
- Demonstrates how to calibrate colors, export PDF files, fine-tune paragraph details, create frames and shapes, manipulate objects, and work with automated text
InDesign CS5 For Dummies offers a straightforward but fun approach to discovering how to get the most from your desktop publishing experience when using InDesign.
Office 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
by Peter Weverka
- Revised and updated to cover changes to all of Office’s applications and productivity tools
- Offers beyond-the-basics coverage of Office word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail, databases, and desktop publishing
- Covers Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, productivity tools such as Microsoft OneNote, and SharePoint
- Thoroughly updated to cover the new Office interface as well as new features in each application
Office 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
by Peter Weverka
Microsoft Office, the world’s leading productivity suite, has been updated with new tools. Veteran Office users as well as newcomers will need the comprehensive information in this bestselling All-in-One guide.
With a self-contained minibook devoted to each Office application plus minibooks on how Office works together and how you can expand its usefulness, Office 2010 All-in-One For Dummies gets you up to speed and answers the questions you’ll have down the road.
- Microsoft Office is the office productivity suite used around the globe; nearly every business worker encounters it daily
- The 2010 revision will affect all applications in the suite
- Eight minibooks cover Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher, common Office tools, and ways to expand Office productivity
- Also covers the new online versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as changes to the interface and new tools and techniques
Office 2010 All-in-One For Dummies makes it easy to learn to use Office and gets you up and running on all the changes and enhancements in Office 2010.
Droid 4 For Dummies
by Dan Gookin
As handy, productive, and trim as your new Droid 4 smartphone, this easy-in, easy-out Droid 4 guide is just what you need to get the very most out of Google’s latest home-run smartphone. Bestselling For Dummies author Dan Gookin keeps you ahead of the game by thoroughly and clearly covering all the bases. Master basic phone operations, texting, portable web browsing, social networking, video chatting, and tons more, all delivered in Dan Gookin’s fun, funny, fact-filled, and entertaining style.
- Helps you get the most out of your Droid 4 smartphone, which runs on the ultrafast 4G LTE network
- Provides an amazing range of useful how-tos, tricks, and techniques
- Explains setup, basic operations, text and typing, the address book, portable web browsing, and social networking
- Also covers video chatting, shooting and sharing photos and HD video, wireless networking, downloading the latest apps and games, and customizing your Droid 4 with cool content and amazing accessories
Now that you’ve got the new Droid 4, make it do your bidding with Droid 4 For Dummies!
DotNetNuke For Dummies
by Lorraine Young, Philip Beadle, Scott Willhite, Chris Paterra
DotNetNuke For Dummies helps you get down to business and shows you how to create a user-friendly Web site. You’ll find out how you can build and manage a flexible, versatile site with all the advantages an open-source application offers, use convenient modules, build a community, and save some money at the same time. This plain-English guide lets you discover how to:
- Install, run, and troubleshoot DotNetNuke
- Change and customize portal settings
- Add and manage pages on your site
- Make your site look professional
- Deliver contents with Text/HTML
- Add news feeds, online surveys, and banners
- Interact with visitors through blogging, feedback comments, and forums
- Create an e-business
- Customize the look of your site with exciting components
This book features cool new modules that will meet every Web site’s need, both commercial and personal. With DotNetNuke For Dummies, you’ll get up to speed with this wonderful online tool and create your own corner of the World Wide Web!
Chromebook For Dummies
by Mark LaFay
Are you the proud new owner of a Google Chromebook and a little—or a lot—intimidated by the technology? You’ve come to the right place! Chromebook For Dummies walks you through setting up the device, transitioning from traditional computers and working in the cloud, customizing Chromebook to suit your needs, navigating the apps and their uses, and applying advanced settings and features. Fear not: with the step-by-step guidance and helpful information inside, there’s no reason to break a sweat.
Chromebooks are affordable, fast, and sleek—and with Google driving the initiative, they’re impossible to ignore. So it’s no wonder they’re gaining popularity and enticing people from all walks of life to make the switch from a traditional PC or laptop. If you’re one of those people and want to make the most of your experience, this book is a practical user’s guide to all things Chromebook.
- Covers all Chromebooks on the market
- Provides coverage of all Chromebook features in an easy-to-follow manner
- Serves as the go-to reference for successfully using a Chromebook
- Includes step-by-step coverage of everything you’ll encounter with your Chromebook
If you’re a new or inexperienced user who wants to maximize the performance of your Google Chromebook, you’ll turn to this friendly guide time and again.
Office 2010 For Dummies
by Wallace Wang
Spend less time figuring out Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access and more time working on actual projects with this new edition of Office 2010 For Dummies. Filled with straightforward, friendly instruction, this book gets you thoroughly up to speed, and it actually makes doing Office work fun!
First learn all the basics, then how to add more bells and whistles, including how to spice up your Word documents, edit Excel spreadsheets and create formulas, add sound to your PowerPoint presentation, and much more.
- Helps you harness the power of Microsoft Office 2010 and all of its new functionality; the book covers Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
- Explains and instructs in the straightforward, friendly, For Dummies style that makes instruction more accessible and skill-building easier
- Covers typing and formatting text in Word and spicing up your documents
- Shows you how to navigate and edit an Excel spreadsheet, create formulas, and chart and analyze Excel data
- Demonstrates how to create a PowerPoint presentation and add color, sound, and pictures
- Explores Outlook, including configuring e-mail, storing contacts, organizing tasks, scheduling your time, and setting appointments
- Delves into designing Access databases, including editing, modifying, searching, sorting, and querying; also covers viewing and printing reports, and more
Be ready to take full advantage of Microsoft Office 2010 with this fun and easy guide.