Free Download Computers ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Lisa Lopuck.
Web Design For Dummies
by Lisa Lopuck
Have a great idea for a web site but don’t know where or how to begin? Web Design For Dummies, 3rd Edition is an ideal starting point! Fully updated to cover the latest and the greatest in the world of web design, this fun-but-straightforward guide gets you caught up with everything you need to know to organize your ideas, create a template, start development, test to make sure everything is working properly, and launch your finished site. Packed with invaluable advice on incorporating social media aspects, linking content with social sites, and designing for mobile devices, this book will have you web designing like a pro in no time.
- Highlights the many significant changes in the world of web design since the previous edition, including the introduction of HTML5, new technologies for sharing media, mobile web design, and more
- Zeroes in on effectively using color, text, and navigation
- Reveals helpful advice for avoiding common pitfalls
- Details ways to connect with social sites like Twitter and Facebook
Web Design For Dummies, 3rd Edition goes beyond just making a basic web site and instead encourages you to create a site that is appealing, practical, and useful.
Mobile Web Design For Dummies
by Janine Warner, David LaFontaine
With the popularity of Internet access via cell phones and other mobile devices, Web designers now have to consider as many as eight operating systems, several browsers, and a slew of new devices as they plan a new site, a new interface, or a new sub-site. This easy-to-follow friendly book guides you through this brave new world with a clear look at the fundamentals and offers practical techniques and tricks you may not have considered.
- Explores all issues to consider in planning a mobile site
- Covers the tools needed for mobile design, in particular XHTML and CSS
- Shows you how to plan for multimedia, e-commerce, and marketing your site, including adding audio, video, and social networking
- Provides real-world examples and tips to help you avoid common pitfalls
If you’re contemplating Web design in a mobile world, start first with this practical guide.
WordPress Web Design For Dummies
by Lisa Sabin-Wilson
Once only a platform for bloggers, WordPress is gaining popularity as a tool for creating individualized Web sites. WordPress expert Lisa Sabin-Wilson makes it easy for anyone with a basic knowledge of the WordPress software to create a custom site using complimentary technologies including CSS, HTML, and PHP. This easy-to-follow, full-color guide helps you identify the tools and technologies you need to create the site you envision, build a user-friendly navigation system, select colors and layouts, work with existing WordPress themes, and even develop your own theme to personalize your site.
- WordPress offers a versatile tool for building customized Web sites; this full-color book walks you through the process, explains the complimentary technologies involved, and shows you how to select colors, fonts, and themes
- Case studies illustrate the process and the effects that can be achieved
- Shows how to incorporate WordPress templates, graphic design principles, HTML, CSS, and PHP to build a truly one-of-a-kind Web site
If you know how to use WordPress software to create a blog, WordPress Web Design For Dummies will enable you to quickly and easily construct a unique Web site for your business, organization, or personal use.
Web Design All-in-One For Dummies
by Sue Jenkins
Full-color illustrations and five self-contained minibooks show you how to be a graphic designer, creative organizer, visual communicator, markup language technologist, and cutting-edge trendsetter, all in one. This book helps you lay the groundwork, follow design rules, test your site, register a domain name, and much more.
- Getting Started covers planning, defining your target audience, choosing the right software, and more
- Building Web Sites gets down to nuts and bolts: putting text, images, hyperlinks, and multimedia files together, organizing content, and building navigation systems
- Web Standards & Testing teaches you how to test and validate so everyone can enjoy your site
- Publishing & Site Maintenance helps you get your site online and keep it current
Web Design All-in-One For Dummies also helps you learn how to choose a Web editor and graphics program, how to make your site accessible to the widest possible audience, and when it’s time to call in a pro like author Sue Jenkins. It’s just what you need to start and manage a great site.
CSS Web Design For Dummies
by Richard Mansfield
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a Web markup standard that allows Web designers to define the appearance and position of a Web page using special dynamic effects
- This book is the perfect beginner reference, showing those new to CSS how to design Web pages and implement numerous useful CSS effects available
- Seasoned For Dummies author Richard Mansfield explains how CSS can streamline and speed up Web development
- Explains how to take control of the many elements in a Web page, integrate CSS into new or existing sites, choose the best coding techniques, and execute advanced visual effects such as transitions
- U Features a special discussion on browser incompatibility issues involving CSS and how to solve potential problems
iPhone and iPad Web Design For Dummies
by Janine Warner, David LaFontaine, Lee Andron
Apple’s touchscreen devices have created worldwide techno-lust, conjuring a record-breaking market out of thin air.
iPads, iPhones, and iPods are so in demand that they outsell every other device in their categories. If your website is not designed to take advantage of the extraordinary new capabilities of these popular devices, then you will miss out on an increasingly important part of your audience.
With all the focus on the App Store (thanks to the ubiquitous “There’s an App for that…” ad campaign), you could be forgiven for overlooking the fact that the single most popular app on the iPhone and iPad is Safari. That’s right. The humble web browser that comes installed on every iOS device, ready to surf at the flick of a finger.
This is where iPhone & iPad Web Design For Dummies comes in. Based on real-world experience, this guide (written in a language that real human beings can read) shows you how to use HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery to produce interactive websites that will delight your users and keep them coming back for more.
You’ll discover how to plan the perfect mobile web experience, create interactivity and multimedia, test and optimize your creations, and publish and market your final design with iPhone & iPad Web Design For Dummies!
Getting a Web Development Job For Dummies
by Kathleen Taylor, Bud E. Smith
Getting a Web Development Job For Dummies provides a roadmap to one of the “hot jobs” in the booming world of tech. The web development field is large, and it encompasses many actual functions. This book helps you understand the web development career opportunities and determine the path you should take, based on your own personal needs and preferences, to launch your career. You’ll learn about various career options, the skills you’ll need to become an attractive candidate, how to go about learning the ropes, and proving your abilities to a potential employer or client. With so many possible goals and no one right way to get there, this book cuts through the confusion to put you on the path to a career you want.
The web development industry is expected to grow for the foreseeable future, and there is already a shortage of trained workers to fill the jobs. Whether you lean technical or aesthetic, you can find your place in the industry with right skills—both hard and soft—and with the right plan. Getting a Web Development Job For Dummies is your guide to formulating that plan and getting started right.
- Find formal or informal ways to build the tech skills you’ll need
- Discover where you fit, whether as a freelancer or within an organization
- Learn how to build a resume, develop a portfolio, and impress interviewers
- Get expert tips on finding resources, building a reputation, and more
If your pet peeves include malfunctioning forms, flashing banners, and sites that take way too long to load, the web development world needs you. But before you begin your journey, you need a destination and a route in mind. Getting a Web Development Job For Dummies is your roadmap, so you can set out today.
Web Design and Desktop Publishing for Dummies
by Roger C. Parker
PHP & MySQL Web Development All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
by Janet Valade, Bill Ballad
PHP & MySQL Web Development All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies is kind of one-stop shopping for the information you need to get up and running with these tools and put them to good use. It’s divided into six handy minibooks that cover setting up your environment, PHP programming, using MySQL, security, PHP extensions, and PHP Web applications. They make it easy to create a Web site where visitors can sign on, use shopping carts, complete forms, and do business with your business.
It’s easy to find what you need in this handy guide. You’ll discover how to:
- Find and acquire all the tools you need and set up your development environment
- Build PHP scripts to make your Web site work
- Create a MySQL database that visitors can access
- Summarize and sort data results
- Design and implement user access control
- Build a shopping cart application
- Create extensions that make your site more useful
With PHP & MySQL Web Development All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies by your side, you’ll be a Web site guru before you know it!