Free Download Foreign Language Study ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Gavin Dudeney, Nicky Hockly.
Learning English as a Foreign Language For Dummies
by Gavin Dudeney, Nicky Hockly
Learning English as a Foreign Language For Dummies includes:
Part I: Getting Started
Chapter 1: You Already Know a Little English
Chapter 2: Basic English Grammar
Chapter 3: Greetings and Introductions
Part II: English in Action
Chapter 4: Shopping and Numbers
Chapter 5: Eating Out
Chapter 6: Out on the Town
Chapter 7: Hobbies and Free Time
Chapter 8: Talking on the Phone
Chapter 9: At the Office and Around the House
Chapter 10: Written English – Newspapers and Signs
Part III: English on the Go
Chapter 11: Money
Chapter 12: Checking into a Hotel
Chapter 13: Asking Directions and Getting Around
Chapter 14: Handling Emergencies
Part IV: The Part of Tens
Chapter 15: Ten Ways to Speak English Quickly
Chapter 16: Ten Favourite English Expressions
Chapter 17: Ten Holidays to Remember
Chapter 18: Ten Phrases That Make You Sound Fluent in English
Part V: Appendices
Appendix A: Phrasal verbs explained
Appendix B: Common Verbs [Agree, Can / be able, Come, Do, Go, Have, Make , Need, Put, Think] English Irregular Verbs
Appendix C: On the CD
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Teaching English as a Foreign Language For Dummies
by Michelle Maxom
- Put an EFL course programme together from scratch
- Let your students loose in skills classes – from reading to listening
- Deliver grammar lessons in a logical and intuitive way
- Cope with different age groups and capabilities
Your one-stop guide to a career that will take you places
If you thought that teaching a language that’s second nature to you would be easy, think again! Explaining grammar, or teaching correct pronunciation while simultaneously developing your own skills as a teacher can be a huge challenge. Whether you’re on a training course or have already started teaching, this book will help launch your career and give you the confidence and expertise you need to be a brilliant teacher.
- Make an educated decision – decide between the various courses, qualifications and job locations available to you
- Start from scratch – plan well-structured lessons and develop successful and effective teaching techniques
- Focus on skills – from reading and writing, to listening and speaking, get your students sounding and feeling fluent
- Get your head around grammar – teach students to put sentences together, recognise tenses and use adjectives and adverbs
- All shapes and sizes – tailor your lessons to younger learners, one-to-ones, exam classes and Business English learners
Open the book and find:
- TEFL, TESOL, EFL – what all the acronyms mean
- The best course books and materials to supplement your teaching
- Advice on running your class and handling difficulties
- Lesson plans that you can use in the classroom
- Activities and exercises to keep your students on their toes
- Constructive ways to correct and assess your students’ performance
- Ways to inject some fun into your classes
- Insider information on the best jobs around the world
‘An invaluable manual for anyone thinking of embarking on a TEFL journey. Michelle Maxom’s step-by-step guide provides practical tips to get you started and offers key advice to help unleash the creative English language teacher within.’
– Claire Woollam, Director of Studies & a Teacher Trainer at Language Link London
Polish For Dummies
by Daria Gabryanczyk
Polish can be a difficult language to master. It is pronounced phonetically and has several unique characters in its alphabet, but with Polish For Dummies in hand, you’ll find yourself speaking like a local in no time. Packed with practical lessons, handy cultural facts, and essential references (including a Polish-English mini-dictionary and lists of common verbs), this guide is specially designed to get you speaking Polish with confidence. With advice on speaking Polish within the construction, teaching, and public sector industries, this book is a truly practical tool for anyone wanting to speak the language either professionally or socially.
- Includes sections dedicated to Polish in action, Polish on the go, and Polish in the workplace
- A companion audio CD contains Polish conversations spoken by native Polish speakers in a variety of everyday contexts, perfect for learning Polish on the go
- A Polish-English dictionary is included to provide quick access to the most common words
With easy-to-follow instruction and exercises that give you the language to communicate during day-to-day experiences, readers of Polish For Dummies will learn the words and verbal constructions they need to communicate with friends and colleagues at home, find directions on holiday, and more.
Note – CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of the e-book file, but are available for download after purchase.
TEFL Lesson Plans For Dummies
by Michelle M. Maxom
TEFL Lesson Plans For Dummies is a ready-made course manual for TEFL teachers. With fully fleshed-out lessons, activities, tools, games, and resources, this book contains what is essentially an instant TEFL course. Use the ready-made materials directly in the classroom, or follow along with the detailed planning models and frameworks to grow your skills while designing your own lesson plans more effectively. The book includes access to online materials you can print for use in class, and the lessons can be used with or without the aid of technology in the classroom. You’ll find expert advice on teaching all age levels and class sizes, including ideas for taking the lessons out into the world.
Many EFL/ESL teachers have little or no experience, and may have only been in the profession for a limited time. TEFL Lesson Plans For Dummies saves the day with materials, ideas, and activities that can be implemented quickly and easily, making lessons more productive and fun. From quick exercises to larger-scale plans, this book contains hundreds of ways to help your students become more proficient English speakers.
- Implement expertly-designed planning models with step-by-step advice
- Teach lessons designed for students of all ages and classes of all sizes
- Integrate technology when it’s available, or do without it when it’s not
- Move your lessons outside of the classroom for deeper immersion
Whether you’re taking a TEFL training course, about to head out on your first job, or a veteran of the field, this book provides you with the tools you will need to get things moving in class. If you’re looking to cut down on planning time without sacrificing student engagement, TEFL Lesson Plans For Dummies is the classroom-ready resource you need.
Arabic For Dummies
by Amine Bouchentouf
Why should you learn Arabic? Well, besides the fact that over 200 million people in more than 22 nations use it to communicate, there are tons of reasons to get up to speed this 1,400 year old language, including:
- Nearly all of the Middle-East speaks Arabic or one of its dialects
- Basic Arabic skills are extremely useful for anyone traveling to, doing business in, or serving in the Middle East
- It is the language in which the Koran is written
- There is a rich, centuries-old literary tradition in Arabic
Arabic For Dummies presents the language in the classic, laid-back For Dummies style. Taking a relaxed approach to this difficult language, it’s packed with practice dialogues and communication tips that will have you talking the talk in no time. You’ll get the scoop on:
- The Arabic alphabet, pronunciation, basic grammar, and the rules of transliteration
- The history of the language and information on classical Arabic and its dialects
- How to make small talk and make yourself understood when dining, shopping, or traveling around town
- How to communicate on the phone and in business conversations
- Handy words and phrases for dealing with money, directions, hotels, transportation, and emergencies
- Arabic culture and etiquette, including ten things you should never do in Arabic countries
The book also includes an Arabic-English dictionary, verb tables, and an audio CD with dialogues from the book to help you perfect your pronunciation. Written by a native Arabic speaker who helped start a year-round Arabic department at Middlebury College, Arabic For Dummies is just what you need to start making yourself understood in Arabic.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Intermediate Italian For Dummies
by Daniela Gobetti
You’ll quickly understand the basics of Italian grammar and pick up on the nuances of this romantic language. You’ll learn how to conjugate verbs, navigate tenses, and feel comfortable with gendered words. Say and spell words correctly, and no one will be able to tell that you’re not a native Italian. You’ll discover the basics of ordering words, answering questions, and forming complete sentences. You’ll be able to master parts of speech and apply articles as needed. Find out how to:
- Navigate grammar, language nuances, and verb tenses
- Conjugate verbs and understand the basics of gender
- Say and spell words correctly
- Order words correctly
- Answer questions and form complete sentences
- Use articles where necessary
- Understand the various parts of speech
- Write and speak Italian like a native
Complete with lists of ten facts to remember about Italian grammar and ten subtle terminology distinctions, Intermediate Italian For Dummies is your one-stop guide to taking your Italian skills to the next level and improving upon what you already know about this widely spoken language.
Dutch For Dummies
by Margreet Kwakernaak
This simple guidebook and audio CD covers Dutch grammar, pronunciation and everyday phrases, making this vibrant language more accessible to English speakers – whether you’re just visiting or planning to stay on a long-term basis. Dutch For Dummies is the essential guide for everyone from students and holidaymakers, to those wanting to speak Dutch for business purposes.
From numbers and vocabulary to greetings, popular expressions and proper etiquette, this clear, easy-to-follow guide will have you speaking Dutch like a native in no time.
Dutch For Dummies includes:
- Audio CD to assist learning
- Introductory grammar and vocabulary
- Meeting and getting to know people
- Dining out, shopping, leisure time and the workplace
- Dealing with emergencies
- Tips on how to pick up Dutch quickly
Note: CD files are available to download when buying the eBook version
iPad in Education For Dummies
by Sam Gliksman
The iPad is a natural fit for education in the 21st century, and this straightforward, full-color guide shows you just how to deploy it effectively in your educational institution. From understanding how iPads can be used for different learning styles to managing iPad content and classroom use, finding the apps to complement your curriculum, creating interactive lessons, and beyond, author Sam Gliksman, a sought-after consultant on integrating technology in schools, answers all your questions.
- Helps teachers and administrators see how to use iPads effectively in different grades, classroom settings, and curriculum levels
- Explains iPad’s built-in media features and the importance of multimedia in modern education
- Explores iPad best practices, tools, and apps for a successful iPad program in your school
- Shows how the iPad can be used as a valuable tool for research, collaboration, communication, creativity, and discovery
- Provides tips and guidance on keeping information updated, managing content, and taking advantage of the iPad as a learning tool
iPad in Education For Dummies is your guide to using the world’s most popular tablet to inspire and educate your students in a whole new way.
French Grammar For Dummies
by Veronique Mazet
French Grammar For Dummies is a logical extension and complement to the successful language learning book, French For Dummies. In plain English, it teaches you the grammatical rules of the French language, including parts of speech, sentence construction, pronouns, adjectives, punctuation, stress and verb tenses, and moods. Throughout the book, you get plenty of practice opportunities to help you on your goal of mastering basic French grammar and usage.
- Grasp the grammatical rules of French including parts of speech, sentence construction, and verb tenses
- Enhance your descriptive speech with adverbs, adjectives, and prepositions
- Benefit from plenty of practice opportunities throughout the book
- Use the French language confidently and correctly
Whether you’re a student studying French or a professional looking to get ahead of the pack by learning a second language, French Grammar For Dummies is your hands-on guide to quickly and painlessly master the written aspect of this popular language.
Latin For Dummies
by Clifford A. Hull, Steven R. Perkins, Tracy Barr
Latin For Dummies takes you back for a quick jauntthrough the parlance of ancient Rome, as well as discussing theprogress of Latin into church language, and its status today as the”dead” language that lives on in English, Spanish,Italian, and most other Western tongues. Written for those withzero prior knowledge of Latin, this snappy guide puts the basics atyour fingertips and steers clear of the arcane, schoolmarmstereotype of endless declensions and Herculean translations.Easy-to-understand sections describe:
* Latin you already know
* Latin in action
* Latin in law
* Latin in medicine
* Latin for impressing your friends
* And much more
No dusty tome or other such artifact, Latin For Dummiesmakes learning fun and brings the language to life by presentingconversations in various Roman settings, as well as providing funfacts and stories about classical life. And if you feel you mayactually have a negative aptitude for the language, don’tworry; pronunciations and translations follow every expression, anda helpful mini-dictionary graces the book’s last pages.You’ll also find out about:
* The quotable Roman
* Latin graffiti
* Latin authors who’s who
* Gladiator Latin
* Latin in love, marriage, and family
* From the mouth of Julius Caesar
* Romans on drink
* Helpful Latin-related Web sites
* Fun and games exercises
Designed to introduce and familiarize you with the languagerather than make you the next Cicero, Latin For Dummiesgives you all the tools you need to work at your own pace to learnas much or as little as you like. So noli timere (no-leetih-may-reh) – “have nofear” – and carpe diem (“pick upLatin For Dummies today”)!