Free Download Computers ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Joel Elad.
Web Stores Do-It-Yourself For Dummies®
by Joel Elad
This make-it-happen guide for online entrepreneurs walks you through the process of opening an account, designing your store for easy shopping, creating a catalog that shoppers can’t resist, processing orders and payments efficiently, and much more. You’ll find the best ways to choose merchandise, establish store information, create a skype phone number, develop store policies, and reach the customers you want. Discover how to:
- Pick products that will really sell
- Find and evaluate storefront providers
- Establish payment options
- Accept credit card payments safely
- Lay out your design from the ground up
- Set up a catalog of goods
- Arrange for shipping
- Incorporate the best practices of super-selling sites
- Keep your store up to date
- Put your Web store at the hub of your sales
- Fine-tune before you open
- Take advantage of search engines and pay-per-click campaigns
Complete with lists of the top ten things every Web store needs, tips for designing your store, and traps to avoid while building and running your store, Web Stores Do-It-Yourself For Dummies makes opening your Web store fast, fun, and simple!
DotNetNuke For Dummies
by Lorraine Young, Philip Beadle, Scott Willhite, Chris Paterra
DotNetNuke For Dummies helps you get down to business and shows you how to create a user-friendly Web site. You’ll find out how you can build and manage a flexible, versatile site with all the advantages an open-source application offers, use convenient modules, build a community, and save some money at the same time. This plain-English guide lets you discover how to:
- Install, run, and troubleshoot DotNetNuke
- Change and customize portal settings
- Add and manage pages on your site
- Make your site look professional
- Deliver contents with Text/HTML
- Add news feeds, online surveys, and banners
- Interact with visitors through blogging, feedback comments, and forums
- Create an e-business
- Customize the look of your site with exciting components
This book features cool new modules that will meet every Web site’s need, both commercial and personal. With DotNetNuke For Dummies, you’ll get up to speed with this wonderful online tool and create your own corner of the World Wide Web!
Starting a Yahoo! Business For Dummies
by Rob Snell
Build your store from scratch, or make the one you have more profitable
His online business has been paying his mortgage for years. Now Rob Snell is sharing his Yahoo! Store secrets for planning, building, and managing an online store that delivers the goods! Here’s how to profit from keywords, handle credit-card payments, find out what’s hot in other stores, maximize your marketing efforts, and much more.
Discover how to
- Use the Yahoo! Store Editor and Manager
- Plan effective store navigation
- Use better images to sell more products
- Build successful advertising strategies
- Generate more traffic from search engines
SharePoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
by Emer McKenna, Kevin Laahs, Veli-Matti Vanamo
Simplify SharePoint with this comprehensive, understandable guide
SharePoint is a Microsoft technology that enables project collaboration through a single portal. It can be complex, but not when approached the Dummies way!
This guide offers eight self-contained minibooks that examine each aspect of SharePoint 2010. Whether you’re an experienced administrator or developer or you’re just getting your feet wet, you’ll find it’s easy to locate what you need and learn to install, configure, and manage a SharePoint portal. You can dig as deeply into SharePoint as you want or need to.
- SharePoint 2010 is the newest version of collaboration technology that allows you to aggregate SharePoint sites, information, and applications into a single portal
- Administrators, page producers, and developers will be able to get SharePoint installed, configured, and running with the advice in this guide
- Eight minibooks address the Microsoft Office SharePoint system, SharePoint services, collaboration, SharePoint Server, enterprise content management, managing users, architecting SharePoint, and SharePoint deployment
- Covers planning, installation, configuration, performance, troubleshooting, data structure, and more
If you work with SharePoint, you’ll find Microsoft SharePoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies provides what you need to get starting and keep going with SharePoint 2010.
eBay For Seniors For Dummies
by Marsha Collier
eBay is a great place to help seniors find bargains or supplement their income by selling items. This book offers the basics on buying or selling on eBay with confidence in a format that’s ideal for the senior audience, including a larger print format than traditional For Dummies books.
Author Marsha Collier is the undisputed authority on eBay. Her advice has helped millions of eBay users navigate the popular shopping and selling site. This book explains how to
Get your computer ready to use eBay
Go to the eBay site, sign up, and browse
Spot good deals, buy items, and pay safely
Set up your own sale
Take pictures of your merchandise and get them online
Receive payment and ship items
Understand eBay’s fees and rules
eBay can be fun and profitable. This book makes it easy to get started!
iPad For Seniors For Dummies
by Nancy C. Muir
Buying and getting started with an iPad or iPad Mini can be intimidating for people of any age, but it doesn’t have to be. This new edition of iPad For Seniors For Dummies provides straightforward, easy-to-understand coverage of the latest tips and tricks to getting the most out of your iPad. You’ll get clear instructions for setting up setting up your iPad, mastering the multi-touch interface, and synching your data. Next, you’ll dig a big deeper and discover how to work in the iCloud, set up iTunes on your iPad, browse the Internet, send and receive e-mails, text with iMessage, download apps from the App Store, make video calls with FaceTime, work with Siri, import pictures, get organized with Reminders, find your way with Maps, and so much more.
Written in plain English and complemented with full-color photographs that bring the information to life, iPad For Seniors For Dummies helps even the most techno-phobic readers understand and master the iPad’s myriad capabilities. Whether you’re looking to curl up with a good iBook, stay connected with your kids and grandkids on social media, capture photos and videos—or anything in between—everything you need is at your fingertips.
- Covers iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 2, and all models of iPad mini
- Updated throughout for the latest features of the iPad and iPad Mini
- Contains the latest information on Apple’s new iPad hardware and new iOS software
- Designed with large-print figures and drawings to make it more accessible for seniors
- iPad sales are hot with no sign of slowing down
If you’re a senior looking to get started with your first iPad, this friendly guide makes it easier.
Wine For Dummies
by Ed McCarthy, Mary Ewing-Mulligan
- How to handle snooty wine clerks, navigate restaurant wine lists, decipher cryptic wine labels, and dislodge stubborn corks
- How to sniff and taste wine
- How to store and pour wine and pair it with food
- Four white wine styles: fresh, unoaked; earthy; aromatic; rich, oaky
- Four red wine styles: soft, fruity, and relatively light-bodied; mild-mannered, medium-bodied; spicy; powerful, full-bodied, and tannic
- What’s happening in the “Old World” of wine, including France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, and Greece
- What’s how (and what’s not) in the New World of Wine, including Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, and South Africa
- U.S. wines from California, Oregon, Washington, and New York
- Bubbling beauties and medieval sweets: champagne, sparkling wines, sherry, port, and other exotic dessert wines
Authors Ed McCarthy, CWE, who is a regular contributor to Wine Enthusiast and The Wine Journal and Mary Ewing-Mulligan, MW, who owns the International Wine Center in New York, have co-authored six wine books in the For Dummies series. In an easy-to-understand, unpretentious style that’s as refreshing as a glass of Chardonnay on a summer day, they provide practical information to help you enjoy wine, including:
- Real Deal symbols that alert you to good wines that are low in price compared to other wines of similar type, style, or quality
- A Vintage Wine Chart with specifics on numerous wines
- Info on ordering wine from out of state, collecting wine, and more
Wine For Dummies, Fourth Edition is not just a great resource and reference, it’s a good read. It’s full-bodied, yet light…rich, yet crisp…robust, yet refreshing….
Starting an eBay Business For Dummies
by Marsha Collier
Want to turn your eBay use into a steady revenue stream? Come to where everyone starts, with a copy of the latest edition of Starting an eBay Business For Dummies. EBay superstar author Marsha Collier packs the fourth edition of her mega-selling book with everything you need to know, from how to tap the explosive power of social media for promoting your business to the very latest on eBay?s fees and payment structure, how to maintain your own customer service center, ways to build an audience, and much more.
- Shows you how to lay the foundation for a business by setting up a store and reviews legal requirements and restrictions
- Helps you price and source your merchandise
- Explores how to attract an audience using social media through your own site
- Gives you a quick MBA in budgeting, money transactions, customer service, shipping, and more
- Offers insight on other sellers who have been successful on eBay and what you can learn from them
Kick-start your eBay business and get profitable with this must-have guide from eBay superstar Marsha Collier.
iPod & iTunes For Dummies
by Tony Bove
The popularity of iPods is not slowing down—so you need to keep up! Now in its eighth edition, iPod & iTunes For Dummies is the ideal companion for getting started with the iPod and Apple’s iTunes service. Bestselling veteran author Tony Bove helps you get comfortable with using the iPod as more than just a digital music player. You’ll learn to shop at the iTunes store, surf the Web, rent movies, buy songs, send and receive e-mail, get directions, check finances, organize and share photos, watch videos, and much more. Plus, the new and expanded content touches on the latest iPod models, including the iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod touch, and the newest version of iTunes.
- Serves as the latest edition in the bestselling lineage of a helpful, easy-to-understand guide to the iPod and iTunes
- Offers straightforward coverage of using your iPod as the ultimate digital music player and shows you how buy and download songs from iTunes, create playlists, share content from your iTunes library, burn CDs from iTunes, play music through your home or car stereo, and more
- Details how to import music, videos, audiobooks, and podcasts; find cool content in the App Store; choose the right accessories; sync your iPod with your Mac or PC; and more
- Reviews updating your iPod, troubleshooting, and maintaining the battery life
iPod and iTunes For Dummies, 8th Edition guides you through all the latest updates and enhancements so that you can start enjoying your iPod today!
Marketing For Dummies
by Alexander Hiam
Marketing strategies are evolving faster than ever before, and mastering the latest and greatest strategies are essential to getting results. This updated edition of the classic marketing bestseller includes new and revised material, with full coverage of the latest marketing trends and how to effectively apply them to your business. Whether it’s boosting your baseline marketing skills, figuring out social media, developing a comprehensive Internet marketing strategy, or getting expert tips on effective local marketing techniques, Marketing for Dummies, 4th Edition has everything you need in one easy-to-use and accessible guide.
Effective marketing is about knowing your customers and giving them what they want, when they want it. The latest marketing research tells us that every customer interaction is an opportunity to grow your business and your bottom line, which is why you need a results-oriented marketing plan. With this updated, practical, and savvy guide to marketing strategies that work, you can apply the skills you already have more efficiently than ever before Marketing For Dummies, 4th Edition gives you the structure and practical advice you need to get the most out of every marketing initiative and, ultimately, grow your business.
- Maximize the lifetime value of your customers
- Connect web marketing strategies to real world traffic and sales
- Implement local sourcing to boost local and regional marketing initiatives
- Focus your online marketing strategy to target only qualified buyers
Before you waste any more time with ineffective and potentially costly marketing missteps, let Marketing For Dummies, 4th Edition establish viable marketing strategies that will help your business succeed.