Download Art ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Jesse Bryant Wilder.
Art History For Dummies
by Jesse Bryant Wilder
Whether you’re an art enthusiast who’d like to know more about the history behind your favorite works and artists, or somebody who couldn’t tell a Titian and a De Kooning—but would like to—Art History For Dummies is for you. It takes you on a tour of thirty millennia of artistic expression, covering the artistic movements, major artists, and indispensable masterworks, and the world events and cultural trends that helped spawn them. With the help of stunning black-and-white photos throughout, and a sixteen-page gallery of color images, it covers:
- The rise and fall of classical art in Greece and Rome
- The differences between Renaissance art and Mannerism
- How the industrial revolution spawned Romanticism
- How and why Post-Impression branched off from Impressionism
- Constructivism, Dadaism, Surrealism and other 20th century isms
- What’s up with today’s eclectic art scene
Art History For Dummies is an unbeatable reference for anyone who wants to understand art in its historical context.
GED Test For Dummies, Quick Prep
by Murray Shukyn, Dale E. Shuttleworth, Achim K. Krull
Solid test prep is the key to passing the GED
Want to take the GED test but don’t know ifyou’re ready? This is the perfect resource for you! Get thebasics to gauge how far you’ve progressed in your testpreparation and review practice questions to hone your skillsfurther. This great hands-on study guide will also help youbecome familiar with the ins and outs of the testformat to make sure there are no surprises on the day of your GEDtest!
This complete guide provides test-prep instruction andinformation on the question types that apply to the 2014 GED test,and provides a quick check-up to test your preparedness. Practiceis the best way to avoid surprises on test day, and GED Test forDummies, Quick Prep Edition offers you multiple avenues toconfirm your readiness. The book features a number of importantstudy tools, including:
- A quick introduction to the test, plus navigation tips thathelp you stay focused
- A full-length practice test with answers that lets you knowexactly what to expect
- Quick confirmation of strengths and weaknesses, so you canbetter use your study time
After passing the GED exam, you’re more likely to continueyour education, and more likely to become financially secure.You’re already doing something great by preparing for thetest, and the GED Test for Dummies, Quick Prep Edition canhelp ensure the positive outcome you deserve.
Art For Dummies®
by Thomas Hoving
In Art For Dummies, Thomas Hoving provides a how-to guide to the art world. First, he guides you through an introduction to art appreciation, pointing out the details that you’ve always noticed but have never been able to explain. Next, Hoving takes you on a ride through art history. (Have you ever regretted not taking those art history classes in school With Art For Dummies, you’ll feel all caught up and ready to spar with the local intellectuals.) Hoving even includes a guide to the world?s top art cities and centers, a listing that can help you prepare for your next artistic voyage. With this guide, you can discover where to go in order to see the greatest works of art, and you can also find out about hidden treasures in nearby art museums.
You also get a great start for seeking out art with Hoving’s lists of the greatest works of Western civilization, the most interesting artists, and the contemporary artists to watch. Don’t wait another day to introduce yourself to the art world!
Classical Music For Dummies
by David Pogue, Scott Speck
Classical Music For Dummies is a friendly, funny, easy-to-understand guide to composers, instruments, orchestras, concerts, recordings, and more. Classical music is widely considered one of the pinnacles of human achievement, and this informative guide will shows you just how beautiful and rewarding it can be. You’ll learn how Bach is different from Beethoven, how Mozart is different still, and why not all “classical” music is actually Classical if it’s really Baroque or Romantic. You’ll be introduced to the composers and their work, and discover the groundbreaking pieces that shake the world every time they’re played. Begin building your classical music library with the essential recordings that define orchestral, choral, and operatic beauty as you get acquainted with the orchestras and musicians that bring the composers to life.
Whether you want to play classical music or just learn more about it, Classical Music For Dummies will teach you everything you need to know to get the most out of this increasingly popular genre.
- Distinguish flute from piccolo, violin from viola, and trumpet from trombone
- Learn the difference between overtures, requiems, arias, and masses
- Explore the composers that shaped music as we know it
- Discover the recordings your music library cannot be without
Classical music has begun sneaking into the mainstream — if your interest has been piqued, there’s never been a better time to develop an appreciation for this incredibly rich, complex, and varied body of work. Classical Music For Dummies lays the groundwork, and demonstrates just how amazing classical music can be.
Ferrets For Dummies
by Kim Schilling
Ferrets For Dummies lets you take a long, well-informed look before leaping into the fabulous furry world of “ferts.” This fun, entertaining book fills you in on everything you need to know to successfully adopt, nurture, live with, and love a ferret. You’ll discover how to:
- Choose t he right ferret for you
- Ferret-proof your house
- Understand your ferret’s special needs
- Train your ferret to be well-behaved
- Feed your ferret properly
- Select safe and creative toys
- Manage ferret odors
- Integrate your ferret into your life
- Breed ferrets
Ideal for first-time and veteran ferret owners alike, Ferrets For Dummies is a gold mine of advice, guidance, and tested-in-the-trenches tips on:
- Deciding if a ferret is right for you and vice versa
- Finding your ferret and introducing him or her into your home
- The care and feeding of ferrets
- Health issues, concerns ,and treatments
- Ferret psychology and sociology
- Breeding ferrets for fun and profit
- Recipes your ferret will love
Your ferret is a smart little guy, and you’ll need to stay two steps ahead of him. This fun and informative book shows you how to handle your furry tornado’s playful energy and boundless curiosity, so you can live happily ever after together.
Digital Art Photography For Dummies
by Matthew Bamberg
You’ll not only discover great new ideas, you’ll see the effects in full color. This book will help you
- Get fabulous, well-exposed photos, no matter what your shooting conditions may be
- Tweak, edit, and enhance your images to create something a lot better than what you started with, or maybe something entirely new
- Produce gallery-worthy art prints that people are willing to pay for
- Find out if it’s time to upgrade your computer to handle graphics work
Sound like fun? This plain-English guide makes it easy, too! You’ll find out just what makes a picture artistic, how to plan and set up a good photo shoot, what kinds of tools are available in Photoshop to help you enhance or even completely revamp an image, and how to be sure that what comes out of your printer meets all your expectations. Best of all, this book is jam-packed with full-color images that show you just what you can produce. You’ll find out how to
- Select the right digital equipment
- Shoot in color, black-and-white, and at night
- Choose subject matter that fits your style
- Understand and use your camera’s settings to get the best shots
- Photograph landscapes, people, action, and just about anything else
- Create special effects in Photoshop
- Improve the quality of your photos or turn them into true works of art
- Mat and frame your work for maximum effect
If you’re comfortable with your digital camera but want to find out more about creating cool effects in Photoshop, you can jump directly to Part III and discover tips and techniques that turn ordinary pictures into extraordinary art. Or maybe you’ve been trying to get better nighttime photos. Part II is all about setting up your equipment and getting the perfect shot. Like all For Dummies books, Digital Art Photography For Dummies is designed so you can go directly to the part that most interests you.
Whether you’ve been thinking of selling your work or you just want to create a knock-their-socks-off family gallery that your relatives can view online, this book shows you how to take your photography hobby to the next level. Even if you just want to look at the pictures for inspiration, you can’t go wrong!
Poetry For Dummies
by The Poetry Center, John Timpane
Poetry For Dummies is a great guide to reading andwriting poems, not only for beginners, but for anyone interested inverse. From Homer to Basho, Chaucer to Rumi, Shelley toGinsberg, it introduces you to poetry’s greatestpractitioners. It arms you with the tools you need to understandand appreciate poetry in all its forms, and to explore your owntalent as a poet. Discover how to:
- Understand poetic language and forms
- Interpret poems
- Get a handle on poetry through the ages
- Find poetry readings near you
- Write your own poems
- Shop your work around to publishers
Don’t know the difference between an iamb and a trochee?Worry not, this friendly guide demystifies the jargon, and itcovers a lot more ground besides, including:
- Understanding subject, tone, narrative; and poeticlanguage
- Mastering the three steps to interpretation
- Facing the challenges of older poetry
- Exploring 5,000 years of verse, from Mesopotamia to the globalvillage
- Writing open-form poetry
- Working with traditional forms of verse
- Writing exercises for aspiring poets
- Getting published
From Sappho to Clark Coolidge, and just about everyone inbetween, Poetry For Dummies puts you in touch with thegreats of modern and ancient poetry. Need guidance on composing aghazal, a tanka, a sestina, or a psalm? This is the book foryou.
Facebook For Dummies
by Carolyn Abram
Facebook is constantly changing and evolving, replacing old features and introducing new ones. This new edition of the bestselling guide quickly and easily gets you up and running on all the site has to offer. Packed with straightforward guidance that demystifies the nuts and bolts of this popular social media site, Facebook For Dummies covers everything from finding friends and planning events to uploading photos and videos—and so much more.
Facebook is here to stay. For its billions of worldwide users, it’s become a central meeting place for people from all corners of the earth to connect and share. If you’re the type to share snippets of your life through photos and writing or just find joy in reading and seeing what your family and friends are up to, there’s something for everyone on Facebook. Providing coverage of the latest changes to the site, this go-to guide cuts through the confusion and offers plain-English guidance on using Facebook to its fullest so you can deepen your connections, stay social, and just have fun!
- Get up to speed on Facebook’s standalone messaging app
- Grasp Facebook’s growing connection to e-commerce
- Find the scoop on cross-over posts and sharing through other sites
- Make sense of photo-sharing capabilities, such as 360-degree photo viewing
Whether you’re a newbie or an old hat looking to make sense of the latest features, this friendly guide reveals the many faces of Facebook in a language you can understand.
Resumes For Dummies
Ireland For Dummies
by Elizabeth Albertson
From Dublin and Belfast to the Cliffs of Moher and the Ring of Kerry, Ireland offers cosmopolitan flavor and natural beauty. So have a pint and make a friend; this lucky guide offers everything you need to make your Irish eyes smile:
- Four fun itineraries
- Quick and easy side trips from Dublin to Counties Kilkenny, Meath, Tipperary, and more
- Where to find the best shopping in Dublin and elsewhere
- Fun trips to ancient castles, beautiful gardens, coastal scenery, and more
Like every For Dummies travel guide, Ireland For Dummies, Third Edition includes:
- Down-to-earth trip-planning advice
- What you shouldn’t miss—and what you can skip
- The best hotels and restaurants for every budget
- Handy Post-it Flags to mark your favorite pages