Free Download Social Science, Self-Help ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Michael Grosvenor.
Water-Saving Tips For Dummies
by Michael Grosvenor
Do you want to make sure your water usage is sustainable? Water-Saving Tips For Dummies provides practical methods to reduce the amount of water used around your home — from the kitchen, bathroom and laundry, to the garden.
Discover how to:
- Find and install efficient water-saving devices
- Collect your rainwater
- Recycle your greywater
- Maintain a sustainable garden landscape
- Choose water-wise plants
Share Investing For Dummies
by James Dunn
Get sharemarket savvy and put together the perfect share portfolio
Do you want to invest in shares but don’t know where to start? Find out how in this comprehensive yet easy-to-understand bible on all things shares. This updated, post–global financial crisis edition provides new examples, charts and resources, plus information on investing using the internet and spotting winners to pack into your portfolio.
Know your bear market from your bull — cut through the sharemarket jargon and find clear explanations in plain English
Get up-to-date information on tax and superannuation — check out the latest changes in government policy on capital gains tax and super
Tackle trading with the ASX — learn how to use ASX Trade, the Australian Securities Exchange’s new trading platform
Make the most of your computer — find out about the latest software, buy stocks online and stay abreast of company news and movements
Go global safely — know how to protect your overseas investments when you venture into the global economy
Find out what happened in the global financial crisis — understand how it happened, how it affected the stock market and its longer-term implications
Open the book and find:
How to build a diversified portfolio
Information on brokers and what they can do for you
Ways to develop your own successful investment strategy
Charts to help you analyse share prices and track trends
What a float is and how to jump aboard
How to understand and analyse a company prospectus
Tips for trading local and international stocks online
Gardening For Dummies
by Shirley Stackhouse, Jennifer Stackhouse
Investing in ETFs For Dummies
by Russell Wild
Whether you are a seasoned investor or you’re just getting into the investment game, one thing is certain: you need to diversify! Investing In ETFs For Dummies is a practical, easy-to-use resource that introduces you to the world of exchange-traded funds—and provides you with the knowledge you need to incorporate ETFs into your investment strategy. Discover commodity ETFs, style ETFs, country ETFs, and inverse ETFs, all of which play an important role in this new trading environment. Supplement your knowledge with an understanding of the risks and rewards associated with ETF investments, and consider how ETF investments can complement your current portfolio.
Though not as well-known as some other investment options, ETFs are wonderful tools for filling in the gaps in your investment portfolio. These investment options have the power to give you access to markets or investment areas that, otherwise, may be restricted, too expensive, or exceedingly risky—and can open investment doors you may have not yet considered.
- Understand how to navigate the ETF marketplace with confidence
- Make informed investment decisions based upon fundamental knowledge about the ETF market
- Explore the latest ETF products, providers, and strategies to guide you in choosing the right ones for your needs
- Increase the diversity of your investment portfolio, and bring a new facet of potential to your investment strategy
Investing In ETFs For Dummies is a great resource if you’re looking to enhance your investment portfolio by participating in the ETF market!
Exchange-Traded Funds For Dummies®
by Russell Wild
Exchange-Traded Funds For Dummies shows you in plain English how to weigh your options and pick the exchange-traded fund that’s right for you. It tells you everything you need to know about building a lean, mean portfolio and optimizing your profits. This hands-on guide will give you the power to use ETFs to:
- Create the stock (equity) side of your portfolio
- Handle risk control, diversification, and modern portfolio theory
- Manage small, large, sector, and international investments
- Add bonds, REITs, and other ETFs
- Invest smartly in precious metals
- Work non-ETFs into your investment mix
- Revamp your portfolio to fit life changes
- Fund your retirement years
In addition, this book covers commonly asked questions about ETFs and mistakes that many investors, even the experienced ones, make. It provides forecasts of the future for ETFs and personal spending and also provides a complete list of ETFs and Web resources to assist your investment. With Exchange-Traded Funds For Dummies, you’ll soon discover what makes ETFs the hottest investment on the market!
Hypnotherapy For Dummies
by Mike Bryant, Peter Mabbutt
Buying Property For Dummies
by Karin Derkley
Find the perfect property for you
Finance your dream
Choose from an established home, brand-new property or a ‘fixer-upper’
Get your foot on the property ladder!
Open the book and find:
Strategies for getting your deposit together
Pros and cons of buying a period home
What’s involved with becoming an owner–builder
Pitfalls to consider when buying ‘off the plan’
How to secure a home loan if you’re self-employed
Tactics to beat the auctioneersat their own game
Unearth your dream home and negotiate the mortgage maze
Do you search property websites, wondering whether a particular property could be your dream home? Do you feel like you’re wasting money on rent but are confused by the world of real estate — and real estate agents? Relax! This practical guide covers all aspects of buying property, from buying a piece of history to building from scratch to signing on the dotted line.
Work out whether you’re ready to buy — find out whether you’re ready for the commitment of buying property, financially and psychologically
Focus in on the right property for you — determine your ‘must haves’ and ‘like to haves’, and whether you’ll need to make a trade-off between these and your preferred location
Decide what kind of property you want — discover if your best option is to buy off the plan, find an established property or build yourself
Deal with property professionals — cut through real estate agent spin and understand how buyers’ agents work
Find the right finance — choose the home loan that suits you and your finances
Negotiate a great deal — move smoothly through the buying and settlement process, whether buying at auction or through private treaty sale
Small Business For Dummies
by Veechi Curtis
Thinking about starting a new business? Searching for ways to run your small business better? This essential reference covers everything any Australian or New Zealand small business needs to know, including vital topics such as business planning and franchising, budgeting and GST, marketing and online sales.
- Find out what works for you — decide whether to start from scratch, buy an existing business or purchase a franchise
- Build a business plan — develop a blueprint for business success with a winning business plan
- Develop a marketing strategy — find your unique selling point, build your brand and set sales goals
- Understand the importance of customer service — deliver beyond expectations, listen to customers and transform complaints into sales
- Ramp up your management skills — understand your legal obligations as an employer, recruit the best employees and build a great team
- Succeed online — develop a website, secure high rankings on the search engines and build online sales
- Keep your business profitable — understand Profit & Loss reports, manage profit margins and set budgets
Kitchen Remodeling For Dummies
by Donald R. Prestly
Remodeling a kitchen is a big job, but it’s not so big that anyone – with the right guidance and understanding – couldn’t feel comfortable tackling at least some parts of the job. Kitchen Remodeling For Dummies is the reference tool to use if you
- Want to use the kitchen more efficiently
- Want to replace outdated, energy-gobbling appliances and gadgets
- Have attempted at least one or two home repair projects
- Are comfortable using both power and hand tools and probably own a few of each
- Want to know how a project should be done and then hire someone to do it.
The kitchen in today’s home has become a focal point for the family, as well as for entertaining. For those reasons, you want the room to be as functional as possible, without breaking your bankbook. With Kitchen Remodeling For Dummies in hand, you’ll get the lowdown on the following topics and more:
- The kitchen remodeling process (knowing this makes you a smarter consumer)
- Critical design issues
- Working with the pros: architect, designer, contractor
- Establishing a budget and sticking with it
- Evaluating your plumbing, electrical, and ventilation systems
- Selecting and installing cabinets and countertops
- Choosing sinks, faucets, and appliances
- Working on walls, windows, and floors
- Hot trends and easy upgrades
This handy guide shows you how to take your kitchen (no matter what shape it’s in now) and remodel it so that it not only fits your wants and needs but also becomes a room you can be proud to use and show off.
FrontPage 2000 For Dummies
by Asha Dornfest
Until recently, only the technically gifted and artistically inclined attempted to publish sites on the Web. Not anymore. FrontPage 2000 brings new ease to Web publishing. Without any knowledge of HTML (the language used to create Web pages), you can use FrontPage to build and manage a beautiful and sophisticated Web site, complete with exciting effects you see on those other sites. FrontPage 2000 For Dummies introduces you to the ins and outs of online design, while sharing expert insight into ways to
- Tweak your text
- Make things happen with hyperlinks
- Add pictures and graphics to your pages
- Create an image map
- Work with themes
- Launch your page into the big, wide Internet world
Whether you’re a beginner building your first family Web page or a professional designer looking to polish certain aspects of your site, FrontPage 2000 For Dummies will put you in the driver’s seat in a race through cyberspace. Expect to discover how to
- Create Web pages that incorporate text, graphics, hyperlinks, image maps, tables, and multimedia.
- Add creative fonts, lists, symbols, borders and shading, comments, and user forms to your Web pages.
- Take advantage of FrontPage 2000’s integration with Office 2000.
- Maintain and update your Web site using FrontPage 2000.
- Use all the features of FrontPage to keep your site looking and feeling brand-spanking fresh and new.
With so many people jumping on the Web publishing bandwagon, you can easily feel like you’ve been left in the dust. If you’re edging your way into the Internet Age (or being dragged in, kicking and screaming, by your employer or your kids), you’re in for a pleasant surprise: Creating your own Web site with FrontPage 2000 is easy and fun with FrontPage 2000 For Dummies.