Download House & Home ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Gary Hedstrom, Peg Hedstrom, Judy Ondrla Tremore.
How to Fix Everything For Dummies
by Gary Hedstrom, Peg Hedstrom, Judy Ondrla Tremore
For anyone who’s ever been frustrated by repair shop rip-offs, this guide shows how to troubleshoot and fix a wide range of household appliances-lamps, vacuum cleaners, washers, dryers, dishwashers, garbage disposals, blenders, radios, televisions, and even computers. Packed with step-by-step illustrations and easy-to-follow instructions, it’s a must-have money-saver for the half of all homeowners who undertake do-it-yourself projects.
How to Plan Charity Events for Dummies
by Amber Whaley
How to Obtain a Phd (Penalty for Hardworking Dummies) in the United States: Inside Out
by Pearson Nurse
Law of Attraction for Dummies
by Anna Priore
Excel 2010 For Dummies
by Greg Harvey
As the world’s leading spreadsheet application, Excel has a huge user base. The release of Office 2010 brings major changes to Excel, so Excel For Dummies comes to the rescue once more!
In the friendly and non-threatening For Dummies style, this popular guide shows beginners how to get up and running with Excel and helps more experienced users get comfortable with new features.
- Excel is the number one spreadsheet application worldwide, and Excel For Dummies is the number one guide to using it
- With the major changes in Microsoft Office 2010, Excel has new features and a new interface design; users need help to get up to speed
- The book includes everything you need to know to perform basic Excel 2010 tasks
- Covers creating and editing worksheets and charts, formatting cells, entering formulas, inserting graphs, designing database forms, and adding database records
- Also covers printing, adding hyperlinks to worksheets, saving worksheets as Web pages, adding existing worksheet data to an existing Web page, and much more
Whether you’re new to Excel or just need to understand the 2010 version, Excel 2010 For Dummies provides what you need to know.
Mind Magic and Mentalism For Dummies
by James L. Clark
No rabbits. No wands. Just dozens of first-rate effects, illusions, and tricks guaranteed to amaze. Mind Magic & Mentalism For Dummies pulls back the curtain and introduces the secret world of mentalism for the first time.
With this book and the included DVD, budding practitioners have everything they need to master some of the most astounding illusions imaginable from exercising psychic powers and reading minds to harnessing mental energy to control fire and bend metal from across the stage.
- Each effect in the book is presented from three perspectives: what the audience sees, how the trick is performed, and how to present it in a way that thrills spectators, making it the comprehensive, essential guide to blowing your audience away.
- The DVD includes performances of many of the effects outlined in the book to help readers put the information into action
- Provides both introductory-level lessons on the art of performing and a host of great effects that will meet the needs of beginners
Mind Magic & Mentalism For Dummies is the essential introduction to this mysterious art that can seemingly provide readers with the powers of clairvoyance, mind control, divination, and precognition.
Note – CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of the e-book file, but are available for download after purchase.
Guitar For Dummies
by Mark Phillips, Jon Chappell
Guitar For Dummies 2nd Edition tells you everything a beginning or intermediate guitarist needs to know: from buying a guitar to tuning it, playing it, and caring for it, this book has it all—and you don’t even need to know how to read music. Full of photo-illustrated exercises and songs you can play to practice the techniques discussed in each section, this step-by-step guide will take you through the basics and beyond before you can say “Eric Clapton.” You’ll learn how to:
- Match yourself with the guitar and equipment that fits your needs and budget
- Select the right accessories: amps, picks, pedals, capos, cases, and other goodies
- Pick and strum to produce a clean, clear, buzz-free tone
- Know whether you’re really in tune
- Play melodies without reading music
- Perform basic guitar maintenance and repairs
- Build strength and dexterity while playing
- Play in different styles, including rock, blues, folk, jazz, and classical
- Make your guitar talk with bends and slides!
Fully revised and updated, with an all new interactive CD that allows readers to listen, learn, tune, and play along, Guitar For Dummies 2nd Edition is the perfect introductory guide for any novice acoustic or electric guitar player.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
AutoCAD 2008 3D Modeling Workbook For Dummies
by Lee Ambrosius
- AutoCAD 2007 features a new 3D rendering engine that greatly enhances the program’s 3D functionality-and makes this industry-standard drafting program even more difficult to master, even for veteran users
- This focused For Dummies workbook gives people the practice they need to get up to speed on the new 3D features, with dozens of problems and step-by-step solutions for modeling, shadowing, and lighting
- Topics covered by the problems include 2D geometric construction, 3D solid modeling, 3D surface modeling, rendering and imaging, dimensioning and drafting, and model interchange
- Used by architects, engineers, and draftspeople, AutoCAD is the #1 computer-aided design (CAD) software in the world, with an installed base of 6.7 million users
- The accompanying DVD provides videos that illustrate select problems and solutions presented in the workbook
Singing For Dummies
by Pamelia S. Phillips
Whether you’re a beginning vocalist or a seasoned songster, Singing for Dummies makes it easy for you to achieve your songbird dreams. Singing for Dummies gives you step-by-step instructions and lots of helpful tips, hints, vocal exercises, reminders, and warnings for both men and women, including advice on:
- The mechanics of singing
- Discovering your singing voice
- Developing technique
- Singing in performance
- Maintaining vocal health
- Performing like a pro
Singing for Dummies is written by Dr. Pamelia Phillips, Chair of Voice and Music at New York University’s Undergraduate Drama Department. Dr. Phillips shares all of her professional expertise to help you sing your way to the top. She gives you all the information you need to know about:
- Proper posture and breathing
- Perfecting your articulation
- Finding the right voice teacher for you
- How to train for singing
- Selecting your music materials
- Acting the song
- Overcoming stage fright
- Auditioning for musical theater
In addition to Dr. Phillips’ wisdom, Singing for Dummies comes with a CD packed full of useful instruction and songs, including:
- Demonstrations of proper technique
- Exercises to develop technique and strength
- Scales and pitch drills
- Practice songs for beginning, intermediate, and advanced singers
Singing for Dummies contains all the information, practices, techniques, and expert advice you need to hone your vocal skills with ease.
How Washington Actually Works For Dummies
by Greg Rushford
Washington, D.C.: Capital of the Free World; the most powerful city on Earth. No other country, company, or international organization can compare with the reach and wealth of the federal government. Policymaking — the art of deciding what programs to support, what laws to pass, or what regulations to write — is at the core of what Washington does and is what everyone, from the President on down, wants to influence.
How Washington Actually Works For Dummies isn’t a dry explanation of the American system of government but a playbook for how Washington really works: who has a seat at the table, how the policymaking process works, and how one survives. It takes you inside the political process in Washington, discusses changes in recent decades, and explains how the parts fit together. You find out:
- Who really runs Washington
- Why the President’s power is limited
- How Congress (and its committee structure) works
- What the bureaucrats — the men and women behind the curtain — do to earn your tax dollars
- How lobbyists, activists, and other players influence policy
In a presidential election year when economic issues are center stage and the candidates will go head to head in policy debates, there’s no better time to discover the ins and outs of how policy is actually made.