Free Download Body, Mind & Spirit, Self-Help ebook, John Wiley & Sons, Stephan Bodian.
Meditation For Dummies
by Stephan Bodian
According to Time magazine, over 15 million Americans now practice meditation regularly. It’s a great way to reduce stress, increase energy, and enjoy better health. This fun and easy guide has long been a favorite with meditation newcomers. And now it’s even better. For this new edition, author Stephan Bodian has added an audio CD with more than 70 minutes of guided meditations that are keyed to topics in the book, from tuning in to one’s body, transforming suffering, and replacing negative patterns to grounding oneself, consulting the guru within, and finding a peaceful place. The book also discusses the latest research on the health benefits of meditation, along with new advice on how to get the most out of meditation in today’s fast-paced world.
Stephan Bodian (Fairfax, CA and Sedona, AZ) is a licensed psychotherapist and the former editor-in-chief of Yoga Journal. He has written for Fitness, Alternative Medicine, Cooking Light, and Tricycle and is the coauthor of Buddhism For Dummies (0-7645-5359-3).
Buddhism For Dummies
by Jonathan Landaw, Stephan Bodian, Gudrun Bühnemann
Your hands-on guide to this widely practiced and ancient religion
Buddhism, one of the world’s most widely practiced religions, is a fascinating yet complex eastern religion that is rapidly spreading throughout western civilization. What does it mean to be a Buddhist? What are the fundamental beliefs and history behind this religion? Buddhism For Dummies explores these questions and more in this updated guide to Buddhist culture. You’ll gain an understanding of the origins of this ancient practice and how they’re currently applied to everyday life.
Whether you’re a searcher of truth, a student of religions, or just curious about what makes Buddhism such a widely practiced religion, this guide is for you. In plain English, it defines the important terms, explains the key concepts, and explores in-depth a wide range of fascinating topics.
- New and expanded coverage on all the schools of Buddhism, including Theravada, Tibetan, and Mahayana
- The continuing relevance of the Dalai Lama
- Updated coverage on daily observances, celebrations, styles, practices, meditation, and more
Continuing the Dummies tradition of making the world’s religions engaging and accessible to everyone, Buddhism For Dummies is your essential guide to this fascinating religion.
Buddhism For Dummies (9781119643265) was previously published as Buddhism For Dummies (9781118023792). While this version features a new Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the prior release and should not be considered a new or updated product.
Feng Shui Your Garden For Dummies
by Jennifer Lawler, Holly Ziegler
Feng Shui Your Garden For Dummies has the answer. This ancient Chinese philosophy of design can be applied to any room, building, or outdoor space, and it doesn’t require burning incense or belief in bizarre, esoteric ideas. Feng Shui Your Garden For Dummies is for you if you
- Have a yard, garden, or piece of outdoor space
- Know that your surroundings influence how you feel
- Want to design a friendly, welcoming outdoor space
Feng Shui Your Garden For Dummies is organized so that the information is easy to find and easy to use. Each part of the book relates to a general topic. You’ll discover information about:
- Understanding the principles of Feng Shui, to give you some hints about getting the energy flowing in your garden (can you feel those good vibes?)
- Getting started on your Feng Shui garden, by choosing an auspicious (favorable) location for your garden, creating positive energy with your plants, and raising the energy by inviting wildlife into it
- Creating a theme garden, such as an aromatherapy garden, hummingbird garden, butterfly garden, or Zen garden. You’ll also gain insight into gardening in tight spaces such as patios, rooftops, and courtyards
Feng Shui is just a way of looking at the world and shaping your environment to be pleasing and welcoming to you. You don’t even have to believe in it for it to work. But it does work. Let this book show you how.
Mindfulness For Dummies
by Shamash Alidina
Whether you’re looking to control your depression and anxiety levels, improve concentration and reduce stress, or just want to restore balance in your life, Mindfulness For Dummies, 2nd Edition shows you how to slow down, become aware of what is going on around you and react effectively. Focusing on breathing and other self-control techniques, the practice of mindfulness is scientifically proven to calm jittery nerves and free the mind of distracting thoughts, mental clutter and unrealistic expectations.
With this easy-to-follow guide, you’ll discover how to pay attention to the present in order to change the way you think, feel and act. Covering the latest research on the effect of mindfulness on the brain, Mindfulness For Dummies, 2nd Edition shows you how to break free from a downward spiral of negative thought and action, and empowers you to make positive choices that support your well-being.
- Use mindfulness to reduce stress and anxiety, combat pain and more
- Receive guidance on incorporating mindfulness into everyday life
- Establish your own mindfulness routine
- Access audio downloads of guided meditations
Written by a professional mindfulness trainer, and packed with tips to incorporate this practice into your daily life, Mindfulness For Dummies, 2nd Edition shows you how to reap the benefits of a more attentive life.
by Dillon Masters
Organizing For Dummies
by Eileen Roth, Elizabeth Miles
No matter what life stage you’re in, getting organized can make every day better and help you achieve your long-term goals. Organizing For Dummies is for anyone who wants to
- Polish his or her professional reputation
- Experience less stress
- Increase productivity
- Build better relationships
- Maximize personal time
Organization isn’t inherited. With the human genome decoded, the evidence is clear: DNA strings dedicated to putting things into place and managing your time like a pro are nonexistent. Instead, organization is a learned skill set. Organizing For Dummies helps you gain that skill with topics such as:
- Understanding how clutter costs you in time, money, and health
- Training your mind to be organized and developing a plan
- Cleaning house, room by room, from basement to attic (including the garage)
- Creating functional space for efficiency and storage
- Time-management strategies for home, office, and tavel
- Scheduling, delegating, and multitasking
- Making time for your family
- Managing your health – physical and financial
- Finding time for love
- Organizing and cashing in on a great garage sale
Getting organized is about unstuffing your life, clearing out the dead weight in places from your closet to your calendar to your computer, and then installing systems that keep the good stuff in its place. Organizing is a liberating and enlightening experience that can enhance your effectiveness and lessen your stress every day – and it’s all yours simply for saying “No” to clutter.
Spirituality For Dummies
by Sharon Janis
Spiritual philosopher Sharon Janis shows you how to discover the deeper calling of your soul, survive and thrive through adversity, and look at the world with optimism. You’ll learn how to use meditation, yoga, prayer, and journaling for inward reflection and to spark new vistas as you unfold your own spiritual wisdom and move forward on your spiritual journey in your own individual way. You’ll find similarities and differences among a variety basic spiritual concepts from different religious and philosophical traditions, and you’ll discover how to:
- Find your spiritual path
- Uplift your body, mind, and spirit
- Fulfill your greatest dreams
- Spiritualize your relationships
- Cultivate your spiritual virtues
- Increase your inner peace and happiness
- Turn troubles into triumphs
- Recognize yourself as a co-creator
- Be a VIP: a very inspired person
The companion CD that accompanies this gentle guide brings you more than 60 minutes of inspirational music from around the world. It features the author and other artists performing songs and chants from Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, and Hindu traditions in their native languages.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Yoga All-In-One For Dummies
by Larry Payne, Georg Feuerstein, Sherri Baptiste, Doug Swenson, Stephan Bodian, LaReine Chabut, Therese Iknoian
If you want to incorporate yoga into your daily routine or ramp up what you’re already doing, Yoga All-In-One For Dummies is the perfect resource! This complete compendium of six separate titles features everything you need to improve your health and peace of mind with yoga, and includes additional information on, stretching, meditation, adding weights to your yoga workouts, and power yoga moves.
Yoga has been shown to have numerous health benefits, ranging from better flexibility and athletic performance to lowered blood pressure and weight loss. For those who want to take control of their health and overall fitness, yoga is the perfect practice. With Yoga All-In-One For Dummies, you’ll have everything you need to get started and become a master of even the toughest yoga poses and techniques.
- Find out how to incorporate yoga to foster health, happiness, and peace of mind
- Get a complete resource, featuring information from six titles that are packed with tips
- Use companion workout videos to help you master various yoga poses and techniques that are covered in the book
- Utilize tips in the book to increase balance, range of motion, flexibility, strength, and overall fitness
Take a deep breath and dive into Yoga All-In-One For Dummies to find out how you can improve your health and your happiness by incorporating yoga into your daily routine.
Quicken 2014 For Dummies
by Stephen L. Nelson
The classic guide to the market-leading personal finance software returns, updated and revised throughout!
In the latest edition of this perennial bestseller, financial expert Stephen Nelson shows you how to take control of your finances and get them in order quickly with Quicken 2014, the number one personal finance software on the market. Nelson provides you with a helpful introduction to all the latest features and enhancements to Quicken and shares expert advice on managing your bills; reconciling bank accounts online; recording credit card and other transactions; tracking investments, mortgages and other assets and liabilities; and more.
- Walks you through installing and setting up Quicken, maintaining your financial information safely on a computer, setting a budget, and creating financial reports
- Highlights ways to save money for college or retirement, minimize taxes, and maintain detailed financial records
- Zeroes in on paying bills online; managing mutual funds, stocks, and bonds; and keeping track of loans and other debts
- Presents a fun and friendly approach to a topic that many people find intimidating or overwhelming
Whether you’re a first-time Quicken customer or looking to take advantage of the latest updates the new version has to offer, Quicken 2014 For Dummies will help you get your personal finances in order in no time!