Download Education ebook, SAGE, Monica Gribben.
The Study Skills Toolkit for Students with Dyslexia
by Monica Gribben
Lecturers, request you electronic inspection copy here
Packed with helpful advice, checklists and templates, this book will help you improve your study skills throughout your time at university. Written in a straightforward, no-nonsense style, the guidance can be broken down into manageable chunks.
Issues covered include:
- planning your assignment
- understanding your essay question
- researching, writing and referencing your written work
- managing your own well-being.
Drawing on years of experience running study skills workshops in higher education, Monica Gribben has written an accessible book for students with dyslexia that shows how to work through the challenges that studying presents.
The companion website www.sagepub.co.uk/gribben has podcasts, worksheets and electronic resources to support each chapter.
SAGE Study Skills are essential study guides for students of all levels. From how to write great essays and succeeding at university, to writing your undergraduate dissertation and doing postgraduate research, SAGE Study Skills help you get the best from your time at university. Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!
Optimising Distressed Loan Books
by John Michael Sheehan
Dealing with distressed loans is different to other banking activities. Normal bank processes, decision-making structures, management techniques and investment philosophies are geared to making money in buoyant markets. However, these same characteristics mean that in a downturn banks are poorly equipped to deal with working-out distressed loan portfolios. This is problematic and costly for banks, as there are billions of dollars to be made from the resolution of defaulted loan books, if only they can harness the skills for doing this effectively.
In this unique new book, John Michael Sheehan explains why financial institutions have failed to resolve distressed loan books profitably in the past and describes the solutions they can put in place to improve this in the future. Sheehan builds on 20 years’ experience of hands-on asset monetisation, loan portfolio servicing and debt work-out to describe how banks can learn to convert the dredges of loan defaults into profits. Written in a clear and approachable style, illustrated throughout and punctuated with insightful real-life case studies, Sheehan provides a highly accessible guide to this technical area.
The book is divided into three parts. The first section analyses how and why banks fail to maximise distressed recoveries. The second section is a practical, basic training manual of techniques, systems and processes that will explain to investors or lenders how to go about earning back their losses and, in many cases, clearing amounts greater than par. The final section analyses lessons from previous crises and proposes how in the future financial institutions can improve their distressed loan resolution practices.
Bank executives and officers, their advisors, loan servicers, investors, and government-sponsored entities will be able to use this book as a working tool to assist them in working-out loans and retaining the rewards from this process. Accountants, administrators and ratings agencies should find this book to be an extremely useful source of reference, whilst regulators, academics and students will also find it will improve their understanding of the secretive distressed debt industry and therefore the financial system.
by Kenneth Barclay, John Savage
This book introduces all the major aspects of Groovy development and emphasizes Groovy’s potential as a learning tool. Case studies and exercises are included, along with numerous programming examples. The book begins assuming only a general familiarity with Java programming, and progresses to discuss advanced topics such as GUI builders, Groovlets, Unit Testing, and Groovy SQL.
- The first comprehensive book on Groovy programming that shows how writing applications and scripts for the Java platform is fast and easy
- Written by leading software engineers and acclaimed computing instructors
- Offers numerous programming examples, code samples, detailed case studies, exercises for self-study, and a companion website with a Windows-based Groovy editor
Libraries and Learning Resource Centres
by Brian Edwards
Available for the first time in full colour, the second edition of the work focuses particularly on the important question of access and design in public libraries. Updated case studies and technical data allow the professional architect to use the book directly in planning library projects.
Providing guidance on balancing the needs of the collection and the user, Libraries and Learning Resource Centres will be of value to all professional architects involved in library planning.
by C.K. Sharma, Kiran Singh
The NOOK Book
by Patrick Kanouse
Learn how to get the most out of the all-new NOOK GlowLight, NOOK HD, NOOK HD+, NOOK Simple Touch, and the NOOK Reading App!
Read books, watch movies, play games, and discover all the features you’ll love!
Do all this, and much more…
- Sample B&N content for free before you buy it
- Mark up your NOOK Books with highlights, annotations, and bookmarks
- Buy, rent, or stream popular HD movies and TV shows
- Create up to six NOOK Profiles on your NOOK HD or NOOK HD+–one for every member of the family
- Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks
- Read full-color comics, graphic novels, and magazines
- Lend and borrow books with B&N’s LendMe
- Read your NOOK Books on your smartphone, tablet, or home computer
- Make scrapbooks from catalogs and magazines for later reference
- Share your reading status, recommendations, and ratings on Facebook, Twitter, or BN.com
- Manage your content with My NOOK or powerful third-party Calibre software
- Create personal NOOK wallpapers and screensavers
- Browse the web more efficiently with your NOOK HD+ or NOOK HD
- Explore one of the largest collections of interactive books for kids
- Use NOOK Press to publish and sell your own ebook at BN.com